Galate vs. Hornet

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by emarkus, January 7, 2019.

1. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The Hornet overshoots its range when attacking, causing it to come into range of the Galata. This is why the Very Boring and Conservative Balance mod increases the Hornet's range, but really it needs an engine fix.
    bthirteen likes this.
  3. Quitch

No, it isn't. There's a setting that can assigned to units if it were designer intent. The Atlas uses it for example.

When a similar issue was flagged with bots like the Grenadier a fix was released.
    huangth and stuart98 like this.
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I wonder if adding an attack_range_frac greater than 1 might fix the problem? eg
    "attack_range_frac": 1.05,
  5. Quitch

Interesting thought, never tried it, though given increasing the range achieves the same effect it's probably not something I'd bother with.
  6. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Thanks. I didn't know this 70% stuff. Imho its wrong solution. Attack command should only move as far as necessary. If the target is running away, I manually give a move command towards the target. Would be nice, if the attack-command will be still valid while giving a move command. I am not sure, but i think this was possible in Total Annihilation by using the "Repeat" toggle-button.
  7. Quitch

If you issue a move order after an attack command your unit(s) maintain the selected target. Not sure when they drop it, presumably when it's no longer in range or firing arc.
  8. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Nik gave me a quick workaround, use a patrol command, units will not go over board and move in , most of the time, its sdtill not 100% effective but better than a straight attack command. you can always click them just within their range of the target and they should fire from that position,
    NikolaMX likes this.