COME CHAT S@@@

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by w33dkingca, January 3, 2019.

1. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Is there anyway to get a hold of the old balance? I want to test some things
    Last edited: January 6, 2019
  2. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

[​IMG]
    Let's ban mouses with more then X nr of buttons as well cause they could give an advantage.

If you really are interested in playing this game competitively then you should research and use all tools available for you.
    MrTBSC, xankar, stuart98 and 3 others like this.
  3. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Cover the Line can't even be banned because its a client mod. And its good so! If you want a game with an enforced user experience, then go to starcraft :)

I think, not having Cover the Line doesn't even cause too much disadvantage.

Moreover, cover the line is a bit buggy, because its cover doesn't fit to the planet's curvature exactly.
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

You guys are being stupid now, If you go and watch a lot of FFA and team games, just tell me how good it was too watch, tell me how the enagagements were, tell me how that one line right click spam made PA look so skilled and enjoyable..... it doesn't, it freekn ruins it
  5. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Cant use Extra mouse buttons either so your joke isn't really a valid one.....
  6. grandhomie

grandhomie Active Member

I've seen Cover The Line used way too much in team games or even in 1v1s to the point where it's detrimental (the line is super thin and the units get destroyed by a tighter group).

I like the mod because it allows for more diversity in engagement, for instance, without the mod, head to head and metal for metal, a group of bots (doxes/slammers) get destroyed by tanks (ants/levelers) but with the mod, the bots army can win. When you have many small groups going around the map from multiple angles it takes some skill and attention (PA's most important resource) to pull a good and efficient cover the line move.
    Really useful for scouting too.
  7. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

You used to have to flank tanks then move closer from a different angle, back in the day there used to such a thing as side jiuggling keeping the turrets bouncing around unable to shoot, again Micro Skill decreased, macro intensified, Tanks are supposed to beat bots head on.
    Last edited: January 7, 2019
  8. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

??? I have buttons mapped to select all combat air on screen and select all combat land unit on screen.
  9. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

There used to be the same with turrets and a lot of other micro tricks, all have been but lost, gameplay lacks the panazz of old, ever since tr2 rush I have felt I don't need to think as much and instead just need to be faster and macro harder and attack more to win, ofcourse it still requires thought but the way it plays out now to old is odd and as much as I lkike a lot fo things about the game now I really feel in a lot of ways it isn't as good as it has been and a lot (players who hardly play ever anymore) agree with me something went wrong and it just doesn't play as good as it did.
  10. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

I asked if I could once over, maybe they added it, I couldn't back then, I wanted it for the same reasons
  11. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

I just used my mouse software to map the buttons to keystrokes.
    w33dkingca likes this.
  12. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

You can take my 24 button mouse from my cold, dead hands.

@w33dkingca If you have to resort to calling the other people stupid then you've already lost the argument. Whose arguments are better grounded in logic and reason is clear to anyone reading.
    Last edited: January 7, 2019
    Quitch likes this.
  13. grandhomie

grandhomie Active Member

Coming from behind or flanking from one side of a CSG is still better than using Cover the Line. I'd hate it if the only way to play bots were to do the side steps dance or hope that you're near a CSG for an engagement. Right now you can either use the mod, flank/come from behind or dance.
    There's still so much micro to do in PA / clicks that freeing up some clicks / APM with cover the line is a great thing. I'd much rather take care of all my raiding parties, scouts, eco, etc than have to do some mindless wiggling for 20 sec every time there's an engagement.
  14. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Well this was supposed to be about why I think cover the line is bad, hes basically mocking me so he took it to the low levels first! I give up with you guys now, chow.
  15. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

My problem, it takes away form micro makes macro super easy to win with, without cover the line more attention towards micro is needed and thus the game plays out differently and macro isn't everything for the most part, anyway **** this thread.
  16. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Hol' up bois.....

I like beating dead horses too.

There is no notable advantage that cover the line offers you over the base game controls. The only thing it really introduces is some rudimentary form of formations, which is fine. Really though, cover the line only provides you with a sense of control, and not much beyond that. You can counter most benefits of cover the line using basic unit maneuvers and the ever crucial ctrl + click.

Stuart's comment sums up this entire thread quite concisely.
    At which point the issue becomes less about unit control and more about how the game leans too heavily in the favor of macro and, specifically, the accommodating unit spam in large games.

That in mind, you won't see this issue so prominently in games like SupCom because of how limited mass is in that game. Specifically, on a big spammy map like Seton's clutch players are forced into specific play styles right off the bat because of map structure and because they can't afford to do more than one thing. The point being that no single player or two can do everything to the extent that simply spamming stuff and sending that spam to attack isn't a feasible option.

PA has no such concessions against this in big games other than game time (falling behind in unit spam because you went for two air factories instead of one), which is easily remedied with more fabber spam. Units are cheap, factories are cheap, power is cheap, metal is cheap. Which is perfectly fine until.......

you introduce 2 or 3 times as many players as a game like SupCom even supports and suddenly you're wondering why unit spam is so prominent on a 6, 7, 800 radius map that's barely big enough for some of the better 1v1 players to work on?

Just imagine all that room you're left with for skilled play now.

To put it simply, it's not that cover the line takes away from the micro play, it's that there's very little structure for micro to actually be a thing beyond bot jiggle, bomber payloads, or INTENSE TACTICAL RETREATS. Cover the line just provides yet another way of doing these rudimentary tasks.

Biggest reasons as to why I keep bitching about planets having too much metal. Looking at you, grand homie.

: - )
    Last edited: January 8, 2019
  17. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

I completely and total disagree with xankar. I have never met a planet with enough metal! Besides that I agree.
    stuart98 likes this.