COME CHAT S@@@

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by w33dkingca, January 3, 2019.

1. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Just look at engagements in any casual/competitive Team/FFA multiplayer game and some 1v1's, this is what it has done to combat, we have macro out mass one liners all day long, IMO its ruining PA more than Tr2 rush ever could, the quality of play is dire, RIP those thought out engagements and micro skill, bask in right click drag spam and crappy gameplay.
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Replay IDs? Timestamps?
    bthirteen likes this.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

If giving players more control over their units is creating degenerate gameplay, that probably speaks to a need to fix the gameplay rather than to nerf their controls.
    billthebluebot and Nicb1 like this.
  4. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Just look at any recent team game, all I have seen is big long lines of attack, paint drys with more style. As for fixing the gameplay, how do we make it so this isn't a thing? The basic of PA is out expand and get bigger, how do you make it so people don't just do that? making units act completely different negating the advantage of right click line spam? I cant see it ever not being a thing so long as the mod exists
  5. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Last edited: January 4, 2019
  6. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

My initial reaction is if it gives a tangible advantage, then it should be something considered to be disallowed in ranked until it becomes part of the game.
    w33dkingca likes this.
  7. Quitch

Htbuild2 gives me a tangible advantage, and you can prise that from my cold, dead hands.
    xankar, stuart98 and Nicb1 like this.
  8. bthirteen

bthirteen Member

From my perspective cover the line is mod that helps you move your army NOT win the battles\games.
    You can do everything same with mod ON or OFF. This just simplifies movement.

Example:
    Map: Forge
    Mode: 1vs1 Ranked
    Spawns: standard

Your army is attacking enemies base at 4 metal spots, no towers have been built. Armies are 5% different in size with you having that advantage.
    Scenarios:
    (a) player spreads his army in shape of the semicircle that isn't too perfect.
    (b) player spreads his army in shape of the semicircle that is better than scenario a.
    Battle plays off.
    (a) You lost.
    (b) You lost.
    Conclusion: Scenario a needed 3 more APM (Action Per Minute) then b.
    *Where scenario a was without cover the line and b was with it.

If there was no mod like this, all battles would be head to head 5 by 5 in line and 20 in the depth vs the same box on the other side which would be quite boring. You need a simple tool like this to give some diversity in game engagements. But I do agree that this mode should be moved into the base game.

On the other side if we don't have the mod, how would you scout? How would you stop locust raids? How would you be able to spread your units in a way you actually can hold Dox rush OR help you control units when doing cheezy strats like Comm rush? It would be punishment for you to open air if he goes triple Dox cause you can't move your air to gain max bombings vs a guy who set rally point in your base and does nothing with his army.

Try to control everything I say to you in spam of 30 seconds, I would say: 3-5 armies, 2 raiding armies, 1 air force, do your macro at home, expand at all times, re-expand with re-queueing fabbers of different kinds, managing your eco and trying to push T2 eco in so you don't crash, thinking about what are you going to do and what is the enemy doing, scout. And you say cover the line is "problem".

I'm telling you this with a view from top-tier leaderboards as a player who was a half year ago silver/gold player.
    If you give us game\replay ID I'm pretty sure that I will find reasons why you didn't win that game compared to your reason "cover the line is bad for the game".

Wona talk about hotbuild2 or eco manager? You know what's the best part? Some ubers don't use cover the line or even hotbuild or eco manager.
  9. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Ok so, everything in paragraph one can be done without the mod, no idea what your really saying... PA is too hard without?
    Paragraph 2, same thing.
    Paragraph 3, This isn't about winning or loosing, this is about the state of gameplay compared to what it used be. Which you have never experience by the sounds.

Back in day you had to split your forces, dance, MICRO, now all I mainly see is one force being split in to a long line. Its mainly all macro with no real need to micro past Right click DRAG. The gameplay it creates is terrible imo, terrible.

BTW ive played '8 1v1's so far this season, all rusty asf and won them all, so yeah.... Uber since classic with no mods baby, no hotkeys nothing, I use em now though :p
  10. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Spot on with that.
  11. bthirteen

bthirteen Member

PAT is hard. One of the hardest RTS out there. My point is as that gameplay with the mod or without is the same and that this discussion is unnecessary.

It is faster, needs more actions and reactions. It is about winning or losing. If I wanted easy full macro gameplay I would start a new campaign or try a city-building simulation game, they do exact thing what you want, only macro gameplay. I Then again if you knew who you talking to, you would know how much I have experienced the game or I didn't. IT IS YOUR PROBLEM that you can't push micro APM in the game, not ours that we have mastered it. We raised a bar from a classic game to newly evolved game.

It is still a macro-focused game compared to SC2 which is micro intensified. But now there is a micro aspect as well. I watched all the VODS of this game before the last patches, all you guys did is mass armies send them without any tactic\strategy and who had more would be won. And now when you have some tools of engagements (micro) which does make it harder and better for the game, you cry how hard it is.
    So next move is removing Pelicans because they take a lot of micro? Or Locust? Or should we remove mines because you are lazy to click 2-3 click more? Again it is your problem that you cant push micro APM not ours that we have mastered it.

It is about which rank you are and how good you understand mechanics\gameplay\meta. Which you don't.
    Gameplay it created it is harder, not terrible which bring us again to player skill, not unbalanced gameplay.
    Uber now and then are two different universes.
    If you don't like micro which is a godly gift to best players to shine, try playing AI I know that Quitch made sick AI.

Should we remove continuous stance mod as well then? If affects factories same as cover the line does to units.
  12. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

B13 check yourself bro, you even know my in game name?
  13. Quitch

Are we really reaching the "Do you know who I am?!" stage of the conversation :)
  14. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

As far as I can see most mods used in competitive play give a small advantage. If they didn't people would not use them.For e.g. Hotbuild 2 - you can que up structures faster giving you more time to micro and watch the map.

Choices are

1. no mods in ranked
    2. Mods get moved to main game as soon as it becomes clear you have to use them to compete at plat uber/level.
    3. We leave things as is.
    Last edited: January 5, 2019
  15. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

:) glad I worded it right, don't want to turn this in to EGO central, just read whats hes said though, he has no idea who hes talking too.
  16. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

OR what about for that matter, B13 your basically arguing with me saying im asking for less clicks, Cover the Line is less managing, what I ask would only create the need for more, both your comments are ridiculous, read what you have said...…. Who's crying how hard it is? I certainly aren't, im complaining how easy it is! How it makes engagements less thought out and easier... Sure the same old pick and attack is there but its not really man, cover the line opens up nooby ways to do a lot of things, reduces engagements IMHO.
  17. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

BTW its EFFECT ill just leave that there so my lack of experience and lack of mastery of the art of PA can be known.
  18. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

Cover the line is a great mod. It should be added to base gameplay. Lines are the natural formation of armies moving across a battlefield. Blobs have not been a military strategy since... clubs and sticks warfare? Also, anything that give a player more control of their units good for the game.

IMO, as long as the mods are available to the public and player decided which they want to use this is a nonstarted for removing mods. If any mods should be debated, it should probably be the eco mods.

Edit: I would also argue the quality of play has never been better because of the mod. Armies are more efficient and players can control them better.
    Nicb1 and mwreynolds like this.
  19. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Kinda agree, but I don't find it really makes for better gameplay
  20. bthirteen

bthirteen Member

If you want to go for grammar mistakes go for your own, I didn't shoot that card.
    Ignored and I really hope to meet you on ranked if that ever happens.
    w33dkingca likes this.