The Future of PA and Titans

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by kelwin99, June 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

1v1s are stressful. I need at least one teammate to blame my loss on.
    Tom212, tunsel11, cdrkf and 4 others like this.
  2. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

No need to be ironic. This is why I added this three words disclaimer in last sentence.
  3. river39

river39 Active Member

all i'm hearing is that i need o get my ladder mod working, and get matchmaking working properly. both 1v1 and 2v2
  4. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

- reclaiming an enemy Manhatten shall not make it exploding. Reclaiming = disarm!
  5. FrequentPilgrim

FrequentPilgrim New Member

Claims that there is not enough population to support 2v2 (or higher) is simply unfounded.

Zero-K, the single most similar game to PA:T, has about 25% of the population of PA:T but has a Teams Matchmaker that has games running constantly. I'm able to play Teams Matchmaker in Zero-K every day without issue, easily finding matches within a few minutes, and it is the most popular game mode (co-op, 1v1, teams). It's also incredibly fun.

PA:T Steam Chart: https://steamcharts.com/app/386070

Zero-K Steam Chart: https://steamcharts.com/app/334920

Competitive PA:T is not popular because the most desired mode, Teams, has not been included. Then, mistaking the symptom for the root problem, this is misinterpreted to mean that the most popular mode, Teams, isn't feasible. The opposite is true. Competitive is not thriving because the best version of competitive has never been offered. The success of Zero-K's Teams matchmaking should be a kick to the head wakeup call for PA:T. If implemented in a roughly equivalent way to Zero-K, Teams matchmaking would be successful and surpass the popularity of 1v1.

EDIT: Zero-K has a fluctuating population. However, it is consistently less than PA:T. The point is that a lower population than PA:T is able to sustain Teams Matchmaker successfully.
    Last edited: June 30, 2018
    stuart98 and emarkus like this.
  6. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Well if you will ride his planet into another like last Saturday, no wonder you need someone to blame :D
  7. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

*chokes* .... ...

you rather mean total annihilation .. zero:k is nowhere near what PA is about...

and i still have no interest in it with its ecosystem and limited access to factories ..

also teamplay IS possible .. what you ask for is to have it ranked or simply rated ..
  8. FrequentPilgrim

FrequentPilgrim New Member

PA:T and Zero-K are both the offspring of Total Annihilation. As such, they share a lot of the same design elements, albeit rearranged to serve different purposes. I love both games. Totally understandable if one or the other is not to someones taste though.

Yes, I'm specifically calling for 2v2 Ranked Matchmaking. I believe that the team balancing and pre-approved maps creates a better competitive environment that custom games do not provide.
    stuart98 and wpmarshall like this.
  9. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

The prime example lol
    gmase likes this.
  10. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

More big games played and livecasted now over at my twitch!
  11. sardaukar666

sardaukar666 Well-Known Member

I have over 9000 support for ranked 2v2s.

If only the @nosebreaker would like this post...
  12. manlebtnureinmal

manlebtnureinmal Active Member

I'm just glad that the normal servers are once again capable of handling high-metal single-planet 5v5s.
  13. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

TBA Gandalfs return. Winter 2018 est. Love this community and hope to be back soon.
  14. xankar

xankar Post Master General

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to."
  15. sardaukar666

sardaukar666 Well-Known Member

It is about as winter as you get here, went below 20ᵒc the other day. I found myself wearing 3 jackets...
  16. NikolaMX

NikolaMX Active Member

When can we expect an official announcement / dates?
    felipec likes this.
  17. felipec

felipec Active Member

Hope so, but I am not sure if Uber Ent is still a game dev company =/ I started playing Zero K yesterday, lets see what it has to offer.
    FrequentPilgrim likes this.
  18. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

Not spherical planets, that's for sure.

And it's ugly as sin.

But if you can look past the above (I can't, at least not for long), then I hear it has a lot to offer.
  19. panews

panews Planetary News Official PA

We'll be making another announcement about The Future of PA and Titans next weekend.
    tatsujb, o, NikolaMX and 8 others like this.
  20. xankar

xankar Post Master General

sugoi
    NikolaMX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.