*All commanders mod (Idea)

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by invictus1257, May 8, 2018.

1. invictus1257

invictus1257 New Member

I would like to make a mod that adds the commanders that are unobtainable through normal means to your commander selection (Similar to how Legion does its commanders) and make some commanders of my own. I really like the art style of this game and i am trying to imitate it for an animation i am wanting to work on that is loosely based on the ideas of SupCom, PA, and TA. This mod idea is for studying, practice on, and imitating the art style and i kinda want some of the "locked commanders" if anyone is still even on these forums and would like to offer me some assistance it would be greatly appreciated.
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

With locked commanders, you mean the ones you normally have to buy to access, right? So, yeah, that's not going to fly of course. :)
    However, creating new commanders will be quite awesome. This is a good place to start for creating new units: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/tutorial-creating-a-new-unit-from-scratch.71168/
  3. invictus1257

invictus1257 New Member

No i mean the commanders that are unobtainable through normal means. Commanders such as FiveLeafClover or The Beast and the like.

And thanks for the help! I will definitely check it out!
  4. DeathByDenim

Ah, those are unobtainable for a reason too. The Beast commander for example was an exclusive prize for the Battle of the Beasts tournament. Other commanders such as the Alpha are for early backers only. And then there are commanders that were part of a $1000 Kickstarter pledge for the sole use of that player.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing some neat new commanders and let us know if you get stuck. :)
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Aren't these available anyway if you play offline?
  6. DeathByDenim

Ah, yes. I assumed @invictus1257 meant for on-line play.
  7. invictus1257

invictus1257 New Member

I was actually completely unaware that you if you just went offline you had access to all the commanders in the game. That renders my mod concept invalid.

However i will begin work on designing some commanders then. Not sure how long it will take since i have never worked with blender before.

As a side note, i (accidentally) drafted 3 commanders, 3 bots, 5 tanks, and 2 air craft. Once i get the aesthetic to match vanilla as much as possible in blender i will start a new forum with said units and commanders.
    DeathByDenim likes this.