plz help my game is broken

Discussion in 'Support!' started by natedog5476, April 30, 2018.

1. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

hello every one i come to you today because i have been having problems with my game that make it unplayable like PA.exe has stopped working laggy GUI and controls i even had to switch to a third party launcher for the game because the main one crashes on to a pink screen when ever i start it and yes i have the none steam version so if any one could shed some light in my problems it would be much appreciated
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Need a full dxdiag and logs:
  3. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

ok here you go sorry forgot hope you can help me pretty sure my specs are good enough threw

Attached Files:

4. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

i dont get any game lag ether
  5. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

just GUI and controls like i said
  6. mikeyh

Still need logs.
  7. mikeyh

8. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

hi again sorry for the long wait in my response i have been busy extra any how i tried most of the stuff in the links you posted all my vram is allocated im in compatibility mode for windows 7 (tried every thing else) i have over the minimum system requirements accept for maybe the ram but that did not stop me before when it worked ok checked my firewall i use my high performance GPU when i launch PA my drivers are up to date last time i checked which was a cupple days ago so i am at a loss at what i should do now if you could tell me how to get the game logs that would be great cause i thought you only wanted my dxdiag
  9. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

The link from mikeyh's first post has that info:
    "The logs can be found in your Planetary Annihilation Data Directory."
    https://wiki.palobby.com/wiki/Planetary_Annihilation_Data_Directory

Another thing you could also try is checking the list of incompatible software: https://wiki.palobby.com/wiki/Windows_Incompatible_Software
    (And also try the clean boot option mentioned at the end of that list)
  10. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

hi i checked incompatible software and i got none of that probs cause i reset my pc cause welp i needed to any way also is there a way to get some code for link your steam account to yer pa account so u could download it threw steam cause from what i have herd from some people that version is better instead of the none steam one but here are my logs fresh crash for yuh

Attached Files:

11. DeathByDenim

You can link your Uber account to Steam, but it won't make a difference as it is the exact same version. The only difference is that you log in through Steam instead. Though look here for the linking process (don't do it in the weekend): https://wiki.palobby.com/wiki/Linking_Steam_to_PlayFab_/_Ubernet_Login

Could you try running PA with --nomods? If the 3rd-party launcher you talked about is the one I wrote, you should be able to set that when you click on "Advanced".
    Also, try --nomods --no-audio just to test because in your log I see a few errors related to audio.

I'm guessing that --coherent-options thing that mikeyh linked to didn't do anything for you?
  12. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

i have tried running it with no mods still does the same things only reason i have them is for the ui one makes it bigger for my res and others where ones that i tried using that apparently fixed the ui lag they didnt i also tried using the start up codes in your launcher the one i use and when i try putting them in then press ok your launcher crashes says its stopped working
  13. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

im gonna do a test right now threw without audio or mods will tell what happens in a few mins here
  14. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

ok so i test on a 2 player map with one normal ai when the game started ui was realy lagy but as the game went on it got alot better still bad but better so idk if disabling the audio helped but what i have noticed is that when i zoom out realy far and use the drag controls and GUI it gets so much better like maybe the graphics are not getting rendered as much so my pc can focus on the GUI more again idk but still makes the game hard to play cuz every thing is so small i have not tried online with several players yet but i will now but thats where i get the PA.exe has stopped working usually so if i get one again ill post another log
  15. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

so i played a six player game with no probs accept for the laggy GUI which was realy bad at first like i said earlier but got a bit better late game for some reason but no PA.exe has stopped working so thas good but id like the GUI to be fixed had no mods enabled and audio off
  16. DeathByDenim

Oh thanks for that. I fixed that launcher crash now.

As for the --no-audio and --nomods flags, I meant those for testing only to narrow down the cause. They don't seem to have helped that much though.

How much lag do you get in the UI? If you click you commander, how long does it take for the build menu to pop up? Seconds?
  17. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

when the match first starts up and my com lands take like 5 to 10 secs sometimes more but if i zoom out it seems to help
  18. DeathByDenim

Does it help if you go to settings -> graphics and set "resolution scaling" to "subsample (50%)"?
    Does the lag disappear if you play in windowed mode and make the window about a quarter the size of your monitor? You play on a 4K monitor, right?
  19. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

You might install the freeware HWMonitor and see mow much your CPU & graphics card are being taxed while you are waiting for the UI to appear.

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
  20. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

okj ill test both of those things