Translation of language (RU)

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by belarus3004, March 24, 2018.

1. belarus3004

belarus3004 New Member

Good afternoon, help me to find files and a way to them for full translation of all text in a game. I know that files of the translation are in \Planetary Annihilation Titans\media\ui\main \_ i18n\locales, but at the translation of the text I have understood that not all text was translated, for example the main menu, or training and also units. Though verifying the en-us and ru files I very often noticed that aren't present at both files some text. If who knows where to look for him that I will be grateful very much.
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

en-US should reflect all translatable text within the game and should be considered the "master list". When the game can't find a copy of the string in the local language folder it uses the en-US copy.

I'm also looking for people to assist in translating the mods Legion Expansion and Queller AI to Russian. If that's something you'd be interested in helping with then please let me know.
  3. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

There are a number of missing translations from my updates and patches via community mods since 2016

Those will get added when I make a translations pass later this year and restart the translations project.
  4. belarus3004

belarus3004 New Member

Я рад помочь с переводом Легиона, но на данный момент меня интересует стандартный перевод.
    В файле en-US таких DOX и ANT нет, и поскольку я просто не пытался изменить текст в en-US и добавлял команды сообщений, DOX и ANT не менялись, даже когда я начал основной файл в \ Planetary Annihilation Titans \ media \ pa \ units \ land \ assault_bot \ assault_bot.json и нагло изменил имя в строке "display_name", DOX остался DOX
  5. Quitch

Do you have More Pew Pew installed? That would prevent the Dox name from changing as it modifies assault_bot,json. I'll report that one to Dom.

I'm going to go setup a Translation Framework mod to allow for people like yourself to easily setup additional translations for these units. And some of them, like Dox, already have translations in the game!
  6. belarus3004

belarus3004 New Member

Yes, you are right, after removing more PEW PEW, the name of the units became legal. Thank you.

And where can I find this mod?
  7. Quitch

I am literally starting work on it right now :)
  8. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

FYI - PA no longer uses en-US as a fallback language. Strings now fallback to their untranslated string.

ie missing strings in en-US will not break the UI.
    Quitch likes this.
  9. belarus3004

belarus3004 New Member

Well, the question with the units is settled. There remains a problem with mods. For example, in the main menu there are tabs "Legion", "Community Mods", "Community Guide" and so on. How can I change them? Want to create a new JSON file? Then how to fix it under these tabs so that they can be translated.
  10. Quitch

You can't, they're injected remotely. It's on mikeyh's list to resolve as part of a larger translation effort.
  11. Quitch