The Politics Thread (PLAY NICELY!)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by stuart98, November 11, 2015.

1. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

I cannae take it, Cap'n! The irony levals, ahh, they're overwhelming!
    tatsujb and tunsel11 like this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Grrrrrrrr!!! :mad:

this is exactly what I'd imagine if I had to imagine the worst of distopian internet. why/how does this already exist??
  3. tatsujb

This video is on : "why be Anti net neutrality"
  4. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Well, i didn't think they would be able to do it, but looks like politico found evidence of russia collusion.

5. tatsujb

ted talk on why we think we're the best when we're not :
  6. tatsujb

7. tatsujb

so anyone in support of the U.S. military parade idea?
  8. Devak

Devak Post Master General

If the US wants to show off it's military might, a note that says "look outside" would be enough.
    nimzodragonlord likes this.
  9. tatsujb

I rather think it's just like that GOT saying : "Any man who must say I am the king is no true king"...

American military parades were never of interest because america (for as far back as the second ww) was the number one military force in the world. And by a gigantic margin. that meme online about the US navy having the second biggest air force in the world because the US air force hold number one kinda puts it into perspective. that's several orders of magnitude. so I really understand the perceived laughability of needing to hold one and the laughingstock reaction it got from both isles.

in this kind of situation one needs to ask oneself the true motive/need.

not that I think it's deep-seeded or well though, or anything.

it really is just a case of Trump getting the jellies at Macron's (probably very pitiful) military parade.
    Last edited: February 16, 2018
  10. Gorbles

This post has not aged well :D
  11. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Neither has your ability to appear somewhat coherent. Did Politico falsely report about Obama dealings with Russia re: terrorists and arms dealers? And if they did, why do i care? It's not like I rely on politico to get a sense of the world.

Or are you still trying to hold onto 'but muh russia muh trump' in some weird non-sequiter? I don't have much to say now adays for people invested so deeply in laughable conspiracy theories that they willingly staple blindfolds to their head.

Hows that mueller investigation going? Maybe they'll be able to find another ex british spy willing to make up some fake evidence for the right price. There's still hope, don't give up! #resistance
    Last edited: February 21, 2018
  12. Gorbles

I'm being perfectly coherent. It's okay if you don't understand the point I'm making, I'm not judging you. Plenty of people lack the insight or knowledge across a wide variety of subjects. I'm not a neurosurgeon, for example.

Of course, significantly less people then take this shallow insight and inaccurate knowledge and attempt to shout loudly about it on Internet forums. But you do you :)
  13. tatsujb

obama's new speech :

TLDR :
  14. tatsujb

15. tatsujb

auto translated subs on this are actually pretty good ( ..well sometimes garbage but not at times where it isn't obvious what he's saying) :
  16. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

So... how about that meeting with minority leaders about wall funding? Or the Russia probe? Or Cohen being sentenced? Or just about anything that has come from this current government? What a time to be alive and young in America... where many are screwing our futures over...

Also, all this stuff still saddens me about the mess the country is.