UI issues: unsolved with known fixes

Discussion in 'Support!' started by blocklive, January 6, 2018.

1. blocklive

blocklive New Member

Hello,

So I've recently tried to get back into playing PA with the TITANS content after over a year of nothing. However, when I booted the game up I'm immediately greeted with horrible UI issues. So I had a search and found that this was a known issue (as I found on the wiki) and from here I attempted to find a solution.

I am 90% sure my system requirements were up to standard [see dxdiag], I've updated my drivers and have an appropriate amount of dedicated VRAM. For what I know I'm not running any conflicting antivirus and for the most part, my firewall allows all PA processes (Expect for CoherentUI as I can't find the path to allow it). I've tried reducing Coherent Processes at both 16 and down to 8 but I still get a fair amount of UI lag.

The game runs fine and the framerate is high, but switching between UI menus has almost a second of catchup that makes it difficult to play with. The attached logs are all from today's testing, thanks a bunch.

Attached Files:

2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Make sure Coherent UI is also using the same 1070.
  3. blocklive

blocklive New Member

Thank you so much for your reply, although I'm not too sure how to check that. Is there a file directory or is it in-game?
    Last edited: January 6, 2018
  4. wrking

wrking New Member

I think we might have the same problems here.
    Are you using 4K display and UI scaling too?
  5. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

@mikeyh Your thoughts?
  6. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Looks like there is a single 8GB GTX 1070 driving two displays:
    • 2560 x 1440 (32 bit) (59Hz)
    • 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    No SLI to disable as single GPU.

No integrated GPU with i7-5820K so it's not Coherent UI using wrong GPU.

Doesn't seem to be input lag as it only impacts Coherent UI panels and not actual game (need to confirm that).

So that leaves us with something weird to figure out.

Does this happen in full screen mode? All the logs show PA starting at 2560 x 1377 in window mode.

Try disabling the steam overlay and checking for any other type of overlay / recording.

Then try the windows compatibility options: