[WIP][SERVER]Planetary Obliteration

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by stuart98, June 7, 2016.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

It's a missing graphical effects file, one that I thought I already fixed. Investigating...
    emarkus likes this.
  2. stuart98

Are you by any chance in Vanilla PA? Planetary Obliteration requires TITANS.
  3. stuart98

Alpha 16
    A few balance changes, a few fixes, and addition of point defenses to a great deal of units along with the re-introduction of a couple units used in Legion or GA that weren't in PO already. I'm expecting a few more bugs than usual because PA was being finicky about enabling test versions.

General
    Updated the mod help file to mention Lobbers, uber cannon variants, and blue lasers of death.
    Commander explosions in orbit should no longer damage anything on the ground or air.
    Removed some unnecessary files.
    T2 intel structures now have vision range visible (I gave them radar equal to their vision).
    Sonar now has range visible (shows as attack range).
    Fixed a bug where air titans couldn't be built on water.
    T2 Sonar has had its range increased from 350 to 450.

Known Issues
    Epoch icon is broken.
    Some ammo isn't in the spatial db and therefore isn't targetable by point/torpedo defenses.

Alpha 16.0.2 should fix the above issues.

MLA
    The Kingfisher torpedo bomber has returned. This T1 air unit launches torpedos at sea targets.
    The Hornet has been altered; it's no longer the carpet bomber it was before due to heavy role overlap with other units; instead it's more akin to its vanilla version, launching a volley of missiles with decent range.
    Wyrm - cost increased from 1100 to 1500.
    Oracle T2 Camera - Vision increased from 400 to 450 (matches T1 radar).
    Catapult - Now fires slightly more missiles.
    Typhoon - Now has a 250 radius sonar, now has an anti-missile point defense with range 180 and RoF 5.
    Narwhal - Now has a torpedo defense with range 150 and RoF 2.

Legion
    The Epoch heavy battleship has returned. This behemoth has a hefty price tag of 6000, but has excellent range (360) and a large splash radius (35) as well as torpedo defense.
    Fixed a bug where the Nova wasn't switching to its damaging state.
    Infiltrator - Vision is now an alt fire, now has a point defense with range 80 and RoF 3 for dealing with missiles.
    Perdition - Cost increased from 900 to 1150.
    Perdition turret- damage increased from 20 to 40, splash radius increased from 7 to 10.
    Orbweaver - Damage reduced from 60 to 25 (effective damage reduced from 240 to 100 since it fires four beams).
    Necromancer - Speed increased from 10 to 12.
    Overseer - Vision increased from 400 to 500.
    Enforcer - Horizontal turret rotation speed increased from 30 to 60.
    Scorpion - Can now target air.
    Kaiju - Depth charge range reduced.
    Bowhead - Now has a torpedo defense.
    Manta - Now has a point defense.
    Last edited: September 20, 2017
    emarkus and jables like this.
  4. stuart98

hi jables

Alpha 16.1.1
    Mainly bug fixes.

General
    Added Manta missiles, Stingray missiles, Pummeler missiles, Catapult missiles, Uber Missile missiles, Thor rockets, Decimator rockets, and Lockheed rockets to the list of targetable missiles.
    Attempted a fix for torpedo defenses not working.
    Fixed multiple anti-unit cannon weapons that weren't working properly.

MLA
    Fixed a bug where the Hornet was using Bomber attack patterns rather than Gunship attack patterns.
    Chastener - No longer uses energy.
    Slammer - Now moves closer to target when attacking.
    Stinger - Capacity changed from 10 to 7.
    Fixed a bug where Squalls were using the wrong ammo file.
    Pummeler no longer has anti-missile weapon, instead has anti unit-cannon weapon (in addition to tactical missile launcher).
    Gil-E now has anti-missile point defense like vanilla.

Legion
    Infiltrator - Point defense range increased from 70 to 80.
    Maul - Now moves closer to target when attacking.
    Baldr - Now moves closer to target when attacking, attempted a fix for shotgun not working properly and bugged flamethrower arm.
    Thor - Now moves closer to target when attacking, rocket range increased from 120 to 160.
    emarkus likes this.
  5. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Sounds great :)

I will have a look at this, as I am not aware of uber cannon variants right now, as well as I never saw a blue laser yes :)

Nice hack :)

cool :)

Thank you very much for this. I like these missiles from this unit, although I don't use them very often. This variety is really needed and more akin to vanilla is good for acceptance :)

Thank you for your update. I hope I have time this evening to test and have fun!
    stuart98 likes this.
  6. stuart98

Updated to Alpha 16.1.2 to fix a crash bug involving the Hyperion ammo for users that didn't have More Pew Pew enabled.
    16.1.3 fixes Colonel/Praetorian explosions in the orbital layer damaging the commander.
  7. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

What about a fix date or time when to play Obliteration? Hard to find enough players... Weekend probably best... Today nobody joined :-(
  8. stuart98

Looks like you found enough.

I'd love to see games at set times, but for a variety of reasons it's unlikely I'll be able to organize such things myself anytime soon.
  9. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Finally someone joined...

Their feedback:
    - Don't like this expansion.
    - Man, t2 bot is so slow

Two people crashed three times

Game still running...
    Last edited: September 21, 2017
  10. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Big Obliteration FFA (up to 10 player) is open. We start at 22:00 CET / 20:00 GMT. today. in 15 minutes.... (or earlier if full)

Edit:
    Got feedback:
    - I dont know PO has come a LONG way. Its really a masterpiece. gj. whoever
    - Wow the units are bad a.ss Very very good!

Several people got several crashes. Only at legion. Regardless of whether they have legion installed or not.

t least one player complained about textures of new legion units are missing (windows 10).

I have not tried out the Hermes Suicide Drone (satellite), but it might have the wrong icon (radar icon)

Anyway, the game was fun!

I won by transporting t2 bots to enemy commander and building defense structure there...
    Last edited: September 21, 2017
  11. stuart98

Textures missing? That's odd. Sounds like bugs with getting companion mods enabled.

Only legion players were getting crashes? Interesting.

If anyone wants to help, if they could disable all effects mods (eg More Pew Pew) and mess around with PO Legion that might help figure out what's causing the crashes.
  12. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Two questions:

Does Planetary has a log file which windows user could read to find crash cause?
    What do you mean with "companion mods"?

I will recommend disabling more pew pew at next test game.
  13. stuart98

I'm thinking that the effects mods are what's preventing a crash for some users, not that they're causing it. Removing them should allow for pinpointing the crash.

Planetary Annihilation log files are in %localappdata%\uber entertainment\planetary annihilation\log

Some server mods, such as Legion and PO don't package all of their files in the server mod; instead some size intensive files that aren't needed for the simulation (like textures) are packaged in a client mod called a companion. The companion is normally auto-downloaded and enabled when joining a game with that server mod, but there seem to be some bugs in the mod manager that result in this not always being the case.
    emarkus likes this.
  14. vipervader

vipervader New Member

this is the log of the crash I am getting I pulled the interesting bit out for continence same error with and with out pew pew installed but this might be the problem with leigon, don't know though

[08:08:05.688] ERROR Failed to load texture resource /pa/units/leigon/air/l_air_bomb/l_air_bomb_diffuse.papa
    [08:08:05.688] ERROR Failed to load texture resource /pa/units/leigon/air/l_air_bomb/l_air_bomb_material.papa
    [08:08:05.688] ERROR Failed to load texture resource /pa/units/leigon/air/l_air_bomb/l_air_bomb_mask.papa

Attached Files:

stuart98 and emarkus like this.
  15. vipervader

vipervader New Member

Update ran a game with no legion crashed much later in play new log file, not clear to me what caused crash

Attached Files:

16. vipervader

vipervader New Member

update 2 same crash something to do with atlas.

Attached Files:

17. stuart98

Fixed the Nova crash in 16.1.4

The icon atlas crash doesn't make any sense to me; PO does nothing with that other than adding icons for its new units and I just checked, outside of that the overwritten file is identical to that of vanilla. Do you get this sort of crash without PO enabled?
  18. vipervader

vipervader New Member

I do not get any crashes other than having PO enabled even if its the only mod installed which sucks because its units are awesome and it's really fun
  19. stuart98

Are you sure that's the right log? Both of your last two posts with the logs use the same file.
  20. vipervader

vipervader New Member

yes I'm positive you can see the file size change even though the logs appear to have the same ID