The Politics Thread (PLAY NICELY!)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by stuart98, November 11, 2015.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

To summarize my feelings, civil rights is already law, but we cannot lynch people without due process. We can prosecute crime as crime though, the way it usually works in the Western world.

As far as net neutrality, the net totally obsoletes any last century tech, and by the same timeline as last century tech such as electricity and phone, it's a decade overdue for becoming a social utility along with all the protections and benefits that come with it. Europe demonstrated why already.
  2. elodea

elodea Post Master General

3. elodea

hahahahaha I don't need the washington post to tell me whats true or not. Do you really think I posted it for my benefit?
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I had intended to post that daily show video, but forgot about it.

Elodea, you've made a huge show out of how somehow antifa issues are not represented in the media before.
    We told you that isn't true from that start. I don't get what you even want to show us here, by now posting proof of what we told you?

You are not making any sense to me at all anymore.
    Last edited: September 3, 2017
    tatsujb likes this.
  5. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-of-rabid-animals_us_59aacc02e4b0dfaafcf0bc55

When people say "trust the police", and the police call one group "a pack of rabid animals" while defending people with literal Nazi tattoos in law enforcement . . . well, I hope you can see why not everyone trusts the police. Or even the courts :)

Relying on the justice system is not a luxury everyone can afford. While that doesn't mean complete lawlessness is the answer either, you have to be aware of the flaws in the existing system that you believe people should put their faith in (trophy).
    tatsujb likes this.
  6. thetrophysystem

So you suggest everyone carrying PRE-EMPTIVE mercenary justice on their own behalf and behalf of their ideals? And you say Libertarians have no sense of government? THAT'S ANARCHY. That's like me finding you stance threatening, and in response sending my hired muscle to your IP to pre-emptively defend me by making sure you're pacified and disarmed.

That's all an assault on a non-violent protest really is. A private army pre-emptively defending against a declared enemy, by assaulting the enemy before they have a chance to do anything wrong.

Bonus points for trying to mathematically prove that they were almost certainly going to commit a crime which is why they were assaulted in the first place, like you're the most gifted of the three oracles for pre-crime reporting.

They didn't trust the police in early 1960s either. Know what they did? Continued with peaceful protests. How'd that turn out? The police made their actions appear as awful as they truly were, and the government and people witnessing it took a stance to end it. Instead of obtaining civil rights by civil war and overthrow, we legislated civil rights by popular support.

Nobody's fixing the police, by trying to replace the police as a physical enforcer of public etiquette, nor by trying to enemy up against the police neither. The police are government workers, they can be regulated and fired to control their behavior to be appropriate to the society they serve.

Btw, extremist muslims already carry out pre-emptive attacks for their own beliefs. They assault a group they are personally certain pose a grave danger, and mathematically are guaranteed to harm the muslim populations, by murdering mass quantities of their threatening opposition. Such Rothbards, those extreme muslims. Making their own army to enforce the good of their cause, how awesome is that. Maybe everyone should make an army to stand for what they believe in? /sarcasm

Besides. If you wanted this hypothetical feudal-democrat versus feudal-republican thing, it'd be one bloody thing you'd be wanting, on both sides. We aren't a feudal culture. That's how you end up with civil wars. Nobody wants that, except you because you wouldn't be fighting in it.
  7. Gorbles

I didn't suggest anything of the kind, kiddo.

You really need to work on your reading, @thetrophysystem, because I can't think of any other reasons why you'd so often and consistently misread posts from people of opposing ideological backgrounds.
    tatsujb likes this.
  8. Gorbles

tatsujb and stuart98 like this.
  9. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

hey change of pace : trevor noah putting antifa in their place :
  10. cola_colin

tatsujb likes this.
  11. thetrophysystem

It's cute how the top one is a limited reach article not linked but screenshot instead. There have been a lot of photos and stories falsely circulating about the storm, with difficulty validating with the relief efforts going on. Images of looting, that were storm damage. Of price gouging those 12 pack liter-bottle smart water for $25 when you can compare their price yourself if you want. Antifa is awfully nice for helping in relief effort, but I'm right here jackass living in it and I haven't seen a Nazi yet.

Liberals are quite literally trying to portray a worse image of the storm aftermath, to portray Texas Republican leadership as bad. The storm relief effort, has been pretty good so far, especially from the community itself, a lot of local donations, groups, and repairs.

I live here. This is eyewitness as far as Houston goes. Come down here yourself and record your own article about it.

The only negative valid thing I saw, was Joel Osteen not offering help, no surprise there, and he did a 360 when his publicity was taking a massive hit. So even the Grinch is helping. Christmas miracle.

If I have to live here Gorbles, the least you can do is make certain your speculation is sound and refers to the percent of problem compared to percent of help.

It's as offensive as me saying antifa was victim-blaming conservative families impacted by Manchester. I'm absent, citing questionable facts, with a bias spin, unrelated to the actual damage and victims, in the presence of a local. That local has every right to set the record straight.
  12. thetrophysystem

Also, this says it all. Antifa, the anti-fascist antagonist OF THE ALT RIGHT.

Not antagonist of the fascist, but antagonist of random Christians, random business owners, anyone voting Republican, and if your white and happen to be walking around the wrong area unaffiliated with anyone, you stand a higher chance of being mistaken for an enemy.

Due process, exists to place real crimes on a real criminal, proving their lack of innocence.

It doesn't surprise me the UK wouldn't know a thing about due process and innocent until proven guilty. It's why a colony fought with certain odds of failure, to become free of UK rule. Or, one could spin it around and say it was for slave ownership, because everyone needs a history lesson if they didn't hear that newly fabricated piece of history...

If one were to defend against fascists, yes, they have to stand there, and wait to a fascist to commit a crime with immediate threat of a victim, to deploy use of force justly.

They don't stand and wait. They don't only target fascists. They don't do it in defense. They do it for agenda, and eliminating opposing agenda. The opposing agenda, isn't fascists, it's conservative politics in any form. That's where most of their violence and vandalism hits.
  13. cola_colin

:D :D :D

You probably mean 180?
    tatsujb likes this.
  14. thetrophysystem

Let me tell you a story. It's about a guy that lived in a town very busy from a natural disaster. He has a simple town job with a short break. He got on his phone to discuss the local disaster. In his crammed time and stress, he misused a number to refer to changing a decision. The internet called him out on it, and he felt, despite what he's saying, the internet only interprets it as dumb just because of the lack of time and quality input device.

Bet you feel proud now, huh. Yes, I conveyed well enough, Joel Osteen is a ****, who started helping late to save his pr. Just saying.
  15. cola_colin

I didn't mean to make you feel bad about it. I guess I wasn't clear enough on that.
    That 360 mistake remembered me of a funny situation with somebody else who made that mistake once and I just typed out stuff in the mood created from that.
    I guess the mood didn't make it through the internet.

Sorry.
  16. thetrophysystem

17. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

18. Gorbles

If only you practised what you preached when it came to "antifa violence", then. I mean, if you haven't seen it, if you don't live where they live . . . why comment?

:)

Really, a ridiculous defense there, predicated solely on the absence of links (which, when provided, are either ignored, criticised for being too liberal, or countered with silly videos of Trevor Noah who's taking a lot of leftwing flak for parroting rightwing talking points right not).
    tatsujb likes this.
  19. thetrophysystem

They are a problem in various localities, including Texas, where there seem to be less fascists if any, compared to other southern States you'd expect, and probably even ones you'd consider northern states that have fascist rallies.

Why is there so much antifa, and so much antifa damage, but so few numbers of their alleged fascist targets? Thousands of violent anti-protesters, vandalize a thousand vehicles, over a hundred fascist's nonviolent protest. Unless every fascist owns ten cars, they're picking uninvolved targets for victimization.

Also, your links, your problem. I'm just saying, a liberal had said Texas deserved Harvey for voting GOP, many images were spun as looting that were storm damage instead, and the local reaction to Harvey is loss over damages but very supportive over federal, state, and local responses.
  20. elodea

Amazing how people can't help themselves from exploiting a natural disaster that strikes indiscriminately to spin some political narrative that virtue signals your own tribe and demonises the other. Really calls into question one's motives eh.

This gorbles guy is so naive he really thinks that antifa were the only people helping and conservatives were all trying to be racist (lol). Why can't he hold a halfway sophisticated position? Nazis and antifa are both bad ideologies because they advocate using violence to infringe on the civil liberties of others. Why are people still struggling to come to terms with such a simple truth?

Just listen to what former antifa members have to say about their experience in the movement,