Windows 10 crash on launch

Discussion in 'Support!' started by elvisior, September 1, 2017.

1. elvisior

elvisior Member

G'day,

PA Titans is crashing on me on launch..

I've deleted it all .. both my steam and uber launcher version.. reinstalled both
    Deleted all java installs.. and reinstalled
    Made sure I was on the latest nvidia drivers.
    Deleted my AppData dir.. C:\Users\elvispresley\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment
    Tried launching with --nomods

I play most days.. this has only just started happening for me today (but I don't think I played yesterday).

Attached Files:

2. elvisior

elvisior Member

Should add that if I'm very quick.. I can get into settings.. but if I'm quick enough to get settings to open up... settings appears to work fine .. but when I exit settings PA crashes.
  3. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

I don't see a crash in those logs.
  4. elvisior

elvisior Member

The debugger brings up this:

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFAC985D5B2 (CoherentUI64.dll) in PA.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x0000000012E10000.
  5. mikeyh

6. elvisior

elvisior Member

I ran DDU to uninstall my nvidia drivers and went back to 382.53
    Same crash.
  7. mikeyh

Then it is something else you have recently installed / updated on your system.
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

It might be worth trying a clean boot, as that will disable all background software...
  9. elvisior

elvisior Member

ok, tried a clean boot.. disabled all non microsoft startup services and in task manager disabled everything that starts up.

still crashes..

Read this...

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...-titans-crash-on-connecting-to-playfab.72489/

Sounds very similar to my problem...

I can play PA in offline mode. It's about half a second after the connecting to playfab thing disappears the application hangs or crashes.

The 32 bit pa.exe in the bin_x86 directory lets me connect to playfab... and doesn't crash, can even browse lobbies.

I've gone through the output of sysinternals process monitor fairly closely I can't see any obviously wrong dll's being loaded.. pretty much everything is coming from windows/steam/planetary annihilation
  10. elvisior

elvisior Member

I just tried it again.. it must have been a fluke the 32 bit version worked... it's crashing the same as the 64 bit version today.
  11. elvisior

elvisior Member

If I'm quick enough to navigate to the custom lobbies within a split second of the game starting I'm able to 'skip' past where it normally crashes. But if it ever goes back to the homepage it crashes.
  12. elvisior

elvisior Member

Now that the casual legion 1v1 tournament is live.. my problem has gone away.