The Politics Thread (PLAY NICELY!)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by stuart98, November 11, 2015.

1. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

What a terrible set of arguments.

Pretending Lee is a great man is revisionist. "some bad stuff" is not "everything trophy just praised him for was explicitly countered by the Atlantic article linked".

Additionally, I would never praise the history of my country. Blind patriotism tends to nationalism, and I have no truck with that.

But hey. Par for the course with your thinking. You can only think in extremes, and any grasp of nuances floats, slowly, in a little pink balloon, up into the atmosphere before popping ;)
    tatsujb likes this.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I'm not the one insulting everyone else. Lay off, I'm not going to ask some SJW to defend me, and I'm not going to call a moderator. I'm simply going to cite everything America ever did, from infecting columbian soldiers with syphilis as an experiment and then treating only half of them, to every single political figure owning slaves in the first place straight up to when it was illegal, then cite how the UK paid criminals to rob other country's shipping industries off the payroll, as well as aggressively colonize places with blatant disregard for the existing inhabitant's cultural damage, and how France wasn't much better through it's at first righteous yet later on masochist guillotine era, and their interference just to manipulate the success of other countries, not to mention having some of the most ignorant practicing monarchies through the ages, and we already brought up how Germany were just a bunch of tribes that banded together, started one war, lost, got salty about the economy, started another war, and nearly killed a culture off in the process, and Spain and Italy are both complicit to some of the first provocations toward Muslim cultures.

No. Lee, and the Confederacy, was pardoned, by Lincoln, Grant, the Union Army, and those confederate memorials were erected during reconstruction era, where the living citizens who experienced the war were alive to pass judgement on it. Confederate soliders were buried in Arlington, do you propose we look them up, dig them up, bury them in a landfill upside down beheaded and naked, and repurpose the plots for "real soldiers"?

If you can't see your disrespect, you're the problem. You defend genders, races, and all else, yet you still believe there is a special place in hell for pedophiles and those unlucky enough to be born of white skin color in the southern United States. Sorry for existing, the character-select screen must have timed-out when I started because I DIDN'T GET TO ******* CHOOSE MATE.

*Blank look, exclaims* I'd have chosen Japan myself, and they certainly had their fuckups as a country, but in this era they're doing alright, and I'd participate in that if I'd have gotten to choose, but I didn't! Either that, or they were full up, so I got scraps, because WHO THE **** WANTS TO BE BORN RIGHT THIS VERY HERE, AMIRITE!?!

At least I'm sympathetic to that! Nobody chooses to be what they are, they merely choose how they act. I don't judge people for "being born", you apparently do. Especially Lee, who as Colin said, does have damning features about him that were generally the product of his time, but didn't play the bastard toward every other living thing like Calhoun did.

BTW, you're acting like the extreme one here, there is literally no way that understanding the historical impact of Lee, is not an arbitrary unbiased moderate bipartisan-middle thing to do! He obviously lost the war, for instance, but he was winning ground with 2 of the 4 Union generals, save for Grant and McClellan, McClellan having to burn every city they went through in the south, including homes and resources of the living poor who DIDN'T OWN SLAVES because the majority of poor southerners didn't actually own slaves, in order to achieve those results! These are literal fact, I didn't just read "some" history, I didn't "make up" history, I read both sides bruh, and it only looks less incriminating for specifically Lee in the whole picture when you hear how brutal the war on both sides were.

How even the **** is any understanding of the facts behind historical figures, an "alt-right" thing all of a sudden??? How even the **** is automatic prosecution of historical figures based on biased slant of facts, not an extreme-left stance? It's a hella-extreme left stance.
    Last edited: August 18, 2017
    Qzipco likes this.
  3. Gorbles

4. thetrophysystem

You got me there, and on that note, I'm done typing here for now, entitled byproduct of a millennia of burgled livelihoods.

Remember, calling bad people bad is not an insult, and since I've mathematically proven, if just about anyone can be labeled as bad from this tripe divisive stance, that literally everyone can be labeled as bad by the crummy standards of merit thus set.

Peace.
    Qzipco likes this.
  5. Gorbles

See ya, alt-right defender of Neo-Nazis :)
    tatsujb likes this.
  6. thetrophysystem

7. Gorbles

Black power doesn't involve white genocide.

White power is predicated on numerous types of genocide, and always seems to coincide with anti-Semitism.

Weird, huh?

I'm very sure marginalised minorities would be a lot more keen on taking down the "establishment" if regular folk on the streets stopped being okay with them being marginalised. Or stopped defending white nationalism. Or stopped defending white supremacy.

You know, like your image literally fecking does. Literal Neo-Nazi apologism :D
    tatsujb likes this.
  8. Qzipco

Qzipco Active Member

I won't call you a communist because I have no proof for that. I won't lower myself to your level and just call someone random slurs because he happens to have an opposing view. I condemn violence, even when someone has to happen an opposing view, you clearly don't.

PS: I would still like to hear what your oppinion is on the data provided in the research I posted, since you said you have read all of it.
  9. Gorbles

And I'd like to hear your opinion on the bajillion links I gave, but I'm not going on about it like a broken record because I don't like to be drawn into bad faith arguments :)

I didn't call anyone anything that they're not demonstrating evidence for. People maybe need to stop acting like the things they're being called. Maybe then they won't be called it!
    tatsujb likes this.
  10. Qzipco

Qzipco Active Member

I already gave my oppinion on those links, even quoting certain bits out of it. Stop trying to avoid my question, if you haven't bothered to read them, just say it.

You will need to have a lot more evidence to call someone a nazi than just connecting someone to the ideology of one of the worst regimes in histories based on the fact that that person condemns violence from both sides.
  11. Gorbles

No you didn't.

You dismissed most of them as being "blogs", acknowledged at least one of them was a scientific piece - after being corrected - and still refused to comment on its contents.

I didn't call anyone a Nazi. I called out Nazi apologism from someone who seems to be alt-right because he uses

a) all the image macros from the alt-right
    b) all the language of the alt-right, and
    c) all the talking points of the alt-right

You might want to keep up :)
    tatsujb likes this.
  12. Qzipco

Qzipco Active Member

Yes I have read them all, well watch a few aswell since some of your sources where youtube videos. It is clear to me you haven't read any of my research. Please stop saying you care about the otherside of the argument because you clearly don't. Btw, I can't recall being corrected by you. I said that moest of your post were blogs, not all of them.

I'm sorry that I miss read you calling someone a nazi, this was not true and agajn I appologize. However, it is still beyond me that you call someone a nazi apologist alt-right supporter based on the fact that this person is condeming violence from both sides.
  13. Gorbles

That is why I said "most of them", yes. I mean, I had to edit the post, but you quoted the edited post, which means you read my edit.

Surely.

If you're reading my posts :)

The point about Nazi apologism is that it doesn't matter if you think "both sides are as bad as each other". Regardless of that incredibly arguable point, you're still making light of Nazi rhetoric. And that's a bad thing to do.
    tatsujb likes this.
  14. Qzipco

Qzipco Active Member

So you haven't corrected me then and you haven't bothered to read the research I posted.
    Saying both sides commit violence isn't the same thing as "making light of Nazi rethoric". It is saying both sides are bad and need to be punished accordingly. That's not being a nazi appologist because all the people you have accused of being such, have already said they aren't. You are losing your credibility if you keep spreading lies about people.
  15. Gorbles

I did say I wasn't going on about it because I'm not a broken record arguing in bad faith.

Which you are. You're harping on a point you think you can win, despite the fact that me reading your links makes no difference to what I'm posting here.

And yes. Comparing genocidal racial supremacists to any group that aren't genocidal racial supremacists is making light of the genocidal racial supremacists. This is a basic fact. Until you process and come to terms with it, your understanding of the world is lacking and your credibility even moreso.

Peace out :)
    tatsujb likes this.
  16. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Too many ROMs here.
    I guess Stuart is happy about creating this monster thread.
  17. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

https://www.facebook.com/attn/videos/1475398805828907/

seems reasonable enough.

oh and :
    one trick pony much ?

you're still playing at semantics. everybody but you understood.

would you or would you not have marched to protect that statue from being taken down?

oh and this puts into perspective why trump's actions are wrong :
    [​IMG]
    before his actions it would only have been a hater.

now it's a compliment

and before you say "it's backwards a nazi would've gotten it right":

it's a common notion and a meme that neo nazis are far more prone to that :
    https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&pws=0&gl=us&biw=1920&bih=927&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=swastika fail&oq=swastika fail&gs_l=psy-ab.3...38119.43324.0.43514.25.15.0.0.0.0.103.889.14j1.15.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..15.0.0.Hp4_a1KrxuE#imgrc=pqASVLoLhiiJ1M:

Last edited: August 18, 2017
  18. thetrophysystem

You saw the wrong image obviously. Those hands are touching, no Neo-Nazi ever would even touch hands across race. Key signature of disgusting racists. Since I'm a cashier, I pass this test DAILY.

You're just baiting at this point anyway. I've devolved from participation, I'm now just responding in images until I'm banned, nothing else is stopping this conclusion at this point.

[​IMG]
  19. thetrophysystem

No, that caption is a joke caption. That's like, drawing a swastika on Clinton's car, and then mirking "are you sure it wasn't David Duke's endorsement signature?".

He, the grand wizard of the KKK, endorsed her too. You take it as proof that they're nazis, ergo, Clinton is a nazi (no, honestly, it WOULDN'T surprise me either).

[​IMG]
  20. elodea

elodea Post Master General

If I was you I would read up a bit more about what commmunism actually is before talking so naively about it. Both the two reasons you stated are actually directly caused by communism. It's kinda embarrassing that a kid like Qzipco knows more about the ideology than an apologist like you does. Even if you want to excise all the deaths caused by famine, including malevolent starvation of the Ukraine for political revolution against the soviet state, and we just took all the deaths in gulags in the soviet union, communism would still win the body count competition.

We'll probably have to go through this step by step to deprogram you.

What do you think communism is?
    Last edited: August 19, 2017