The Politics Thread (PLAY NICELY!)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by stuart98, November 11, 2015.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

So I guess you wanted him to take a dice to decide? :D

And yeah sure to find the most diverse people you ought to have a look at their resume.
  2. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

So which is it?
    We should have 50% women / men in a job type because they biology doesn't make a difference to performance.
    Or we should have 50% women / men in a job type because it gives you more diversity due too how they think differently.
  3. cola_colin

There is the possibility that two people think very differently and yet get both peak performance in their own way.
    tatsujb likes this.
  4. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

tatsujb likes this.
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

6. cola_colin

Gorbles and tatsujb like this.
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

this is truely alt-right at the top of it's art and several people in this thread are included.

they're trying to get us to buy they have no stake in this while supporting any claim downplaying the protester's being in the wrong and uphold any (even dubious) claims against the anti-protesters.
    upload_2017-8-16_20-36-40.png
    how do you think this makes you look? how can you all claim to be whitehanded?
  8. Gorbles

9. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

No, what you're doing, is ANTIFA at it's finest. I'm not alt-right, but every time you insist everyone you hate is alt-right because you don't like them so they have to be, every time you TRY TO FORCE that title onto libertarians and otherwise, against their will, just round everyone up, whoever isn't supporting you is against you... every time you do that, you're just ANTIFA.

Extremists groups are bad, m'kay?
    Qzipco likes this.
  10. Gorbles

Antifa is short for anti-fascist, which means absolutely nothing beyond being opposed to fascism. Unless you're referring to specific actions by a specific group, in which case you need to be more, well, specific.

Titles aren't something that are forced on you. You just labelled a bunch of folk "antifa"; forcing that title on them, by your logic. They're just labels. If you dislike being called alt-right so much, maybe don't act like someone from that demographic.

Anyhow.

People were moaning about the validity of the arguments against the Google Supremacist, and I stumbled across a fascinating scientific refutation of the memo, pretty much in its entirety.

https://www.quora.com/What-do-scien...mployee-in-August-2017/answer/Suzanne-Sadedin (fixed the URL)

inb4 people selectively quote snippets of the piece to go LOOK SEE SUPPORT FOR <some idiocy about women being inferior>.
    Last edited: August 17, 2017
    tatsujb and stuart98 like this.
  11. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Is this some kind of witch hunt?
    Yeah I liked a post about how you only condemn actions against your "team" but not those committed by your team's hooligans. What does that alt-right means anyway? Is it just a word that you throw to people you disagree with, as you used to do with the word neo-liberal?
    White supremacists are bad, and most of them I guess are violent, but those elodea mentioned are also bad and violent and I don't need to read their minds, they showed it.
    Qzipco likes this.
  12. Gorbles

elodea didn't mention anyone. He pretty much quoted Breitbart headlines, haha.
    tatsujb likes this.
  13. Qzipco

Qzipco Active Member

If you have ever taken an IQ test you know that's not true.
    stuart98 likes this.
  14. Qzipco

Qzipco Active Member

The thing is that people from the same culture can be equally diverse. If you have a far right conservative and a far left pogressive person, then there is a lot of diversity there. Theee is no proof that people from different cultures come up with better ideas. Maybe this is the case with AI, but then again, they son't really have a culture do they?
  15. Gorbles

I've taken plenty of IQ tests, it's true.

Checkmate!
    tatsujb likes this.
  16. Qzipco

Qzipco Active Member

Typical leftist behaviour, put anyone with an opposing view in one group with any effidence for it. Would it be ok to call you a communist now because you have a left leaning ideology?! No ofcourse because there is no proof for it.
  17. Gorbles

No evidence whatsoever, just people using all of the alt-right's catchphrases, reciting articles from alt-right websites and generally being alt-right.

Nope.
    stuart98 and tatsujb like this.
  18. cola_colin

Doesn't have to better ideas per individual, just needs to be different ideas/ways of thinking per individual and the willingness to discuss with others to form a solution.
    Yep with humans it is more complicated than with machines, as machines work together much more easily. Social behavior of humans may make good working together harder. And yeah sure you can also have diverse people from inside one culture.
    It's still an argument for as much diversity as you can get though.

Some people in this thread very exactly show alt-right behavior.
    They copy paste arguments from alt-right news sources like breitbart or infowars. Their line argumentation can be found on /r/The_Donald. Their views fit with typical alt-right views (pro Nazi argumentation, against women equality, against all forms of anti fascism, islamophobic, "but Obama was worse", use the vocabulary invented by the alt-right the shame anybody against them, i.e. "msm", "pc", "fake news" etc)

If I were to start demanding that the workers need to violently seize the means of production you're free to call me communistic/marxinistic or whatever else the right term for that is.
    But I don't remember demanding that. I am also not defending violent antifa activity.
    Demonstrating against fascism in a peaceful manner however is something I do support.
    Last edited: August 17, 2017
    stuart98 likes this.
  19. Qzipco

Qzipco Active Member

I will explain how an IQ test works.

The brain is devided into two pieces, the left and right brain. These two pieces have there own separate chain of memories. One hemisphere can not acces the memory of the other hemisphere. The two brain parts could be learned contradictory statements/ solutions to a problem or task and there would be no mental conflict between the two parts.
    The left brain is highly performing in mathematics and language. Mostly analytics and symbols. The right is performing in creativity. Our education system is mostly right-brain focussed. This is a reason why some intelligent people do not perform well in school.
    Reference: http://people.uncw.edu/puente/sperry/sperrypapers/70s/190-1975.pdf

What is intelligence? Intelligence is the ability of the brain to absorb information and to analyze it accurately and rapidly.

“IQ tests measure both right-brain and left-brain intelligence. IQ tests are designed to measure how fast you see and react to information and not how much you know” ~ Cambridge.

“Having command of language, or being able to add numbers quickly, or being orderly logical does not alone make one intelligent. Being creative, mechanically inclined or artistic doesn’t either.” ~ Cambrige

Reference: https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=...st.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGXhMMFmEQczaUMwGS1s7lk5EWdbg

It's not only adding up numbers, there is far more to it. It also has nothing to do with how much you know (how many digits of pie you can remember).
  20. Gorbles