Games!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Geers, March 4, 2015.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Wait, they are? I gave up searching for it every now and then. Do you have a link to the announcement?
  3. tatsujb

DeathByDenim likes this.
  4. tatsujb

nah like I said Brad Wardel promised this end of year or beginning of next year.
    you negative nancy :)
  5. DeathByDenim

Heh, still doubtful myself too. It's hard to create native Linux if you don't start cross-platform right from the beginning. It's a lot of effort for not that many more users (unfortunately).
    Maybe late 2020. :)
  6. tatsujb

the way I see it it's not any effort at all on the contrary.

it's only because the masses are used to and love windows that a great majority of coders end up being windows-only users.

as a result the question does not even pose itself.

upon coding they could just as easily choose vulkan or openGL and open APIs if the reviews didn't point to that being a lesser choice compared to directx. (and of course those reviews especially in the case of vulkan are wrong because it works the other way around. more participants means more contributors and more cash means it can reach it's potential which far outweighs directX)

Linux never even enters the EQUATION there.

and that's where this is all sad. because if only they'd continue not posing the question at all but develop on a cross platform regardless : they'd soon see that the code would be infinitely cleaner, more easy to get on board with for new employees more optimized faster ect ect ect and thus gains TONS of time and manpower simply as a result of linux specs.

You can get a much more potent WINDOWS game as a result if you just code it on linux first. I'm certain of that. and that's the great irony of this whole thing.

It's crazy to me that people can't see that.
  7. DeathByDenim

Yeah, what I meant to say is that it is less effort to create native Linux if you start cross-platform right away than it is to create Windows-only first and then try to port that to Linux and macos. Which I think is what you are also saying.

You probably get the best game by having people develop it on all target platforms, but I'm not a game developer, so what do I know. :)
  8. tatsujb

oh yeah that process ranges from infinite amounts of extra work to nigh-on impossible.
  9. tatsujb

broken *** game :
  10. tatsujb

11. tatsujb

you need to get to know him.

just like internet comment etiquette.

but no.

when you just settle down for a bit you realize this guy's the most normal guy you ever met. it's our world that's crazy.
  12. tatsujb

It's the "I play it so you don't have to" to of nostalgia critic that makes a whole lot of sense to me. that's critics job's basically : have a good notion of what garbage and what's not and let people know. and then they don't have to trawl through the shitfest if they're not in the mood for that. (and you can sometimes be in the mood and in that case you don't go looking for reviews of the medium you're about to try out)

I really feel like I owe these people.

and are you kidding Erik just inceptions you on a constant basis. you must not be paying attention, Erik is an absolute genius.

OFC on the surface it's revolting. but that's exactly it. this isn't "contouring tutorial #406", the videos have depth they demand an audience who's taken their morning coffee and aren't the type to select their media by how much it "turns off" their brain : on the contrary !

these aren't shallow people. that's their entire thing. and they're incredibly intelligent clever and deep if you just analyse what they're saying for only a single second.
  13. tatsujb

well you are missing alot of context here (that's why I said you have to get to know th guy first) :)

IHE was the BIGGEST fan of destiny when it was announced.

He thought it was going to be his favorite game ever.

he put up with the botched release are got some enjoyments out of it anyways. but everytime there came time to be a DLC release he felt he got backstabbed by bungee.

so he's already made a review of Destiny 1 and one of it's big DLC. and these are two viral vids.

He basically gave bungee all the material they needed for feedback to make destiny 2 a hit. (i can agree that they couldn't have gone wrong with moth people)

And everyone needed him to make a video on it since he's become the man of the word on the matter.

and it's a good thing we get to have a "no" point of view. you can't always go through life with only "yes men" surrounding you else you breed in failure and bad quality.

and once again I think great things come of people "sacrificing" themselves, their mental sanity and their time for our good pleasure and education.
  14. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

[​IMG]
    Last edited: September 25, 2017
  15. jakerowan92

jakerowan92 New Member

Has Destiny 2 been brought up yet? I wanna hear reviews ;)
    tatsujb likes this.
  16. tatsujb

@jakerowan92 I'm 95% percent it's a joke. but just in case it's not. couple posts above yours :)
  17. tatsujb

18. arseface

arseface Post Master General

19. tatsujb

well before we go any further it's really hard (oh no) to "go in blind" (omg what is this doing to me).

I mean..., please, humor me, I feel it's only fair I posit my doubt first given .... erm .. this :
    upload_2017-10-16_20-41-14.png
    Last edited: October 16, 2017
  20. tatsujb