The Politics Thread (PLAY NICELY!)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by stuart98, November 11, 2015.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Google results are only vaguely indicative, but "professional" pre-election results are super impressive results and everyone should respect their professionalism and leave predicting elections to the professionals because professionals are better than we are. /sarcasm

How many videos have Tatsu posted with no comment? Why even quote me when you say that? Quote any one of like 20 times Tatsu did that, don't edit the words, just change your quote plz and ty.

Here, allow me:
    See Tatsu, this makes Gmase, Trophy, and Devak, who have all complained about the mass produced spammy nature of your video links.
    Last edited: July 8, 2017
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

This idea that the number of google search results about a few random key words can prove ... a point? is quite ... interesting?
    stuart98 and tatsujb like this.
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

changing language does not change geolocalisation

just google 101
  4. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

You can have opinions.

If you want to stick to ones that aren't rooted in the current reality, that's entirely on you, and by dint of having an opinion, I can call you on it.

You attempted to correct me on the field of linguistics. I provided a direct and obvious counterexample. You, for some reason, can't handle that. Yet you can handle telling everyone else they're wrong :)

EDIT

Oh, goodie. You're linking to Sargon of Akkad. Yeah, I reserve the right to ignore any further claims of libertarianism, you're basically alt-right. Have fun with that!
    stuart98 likes this.
  5. thetrophysystem

I obviously used Hide.me to proxy from Netherlands (that's why Dutch specifically).
    It's not my politics, it's whatever **** polarizes with Tatsu, and I intend to post two for every one Oliver/DailyShow link I see.

But please keep complaining. It only serves to fix the link-spam situation even more. Care to tag a Forum Mod in a complaint when you're good and ready? I mean, you DO hate the alt-right, doncha?
  6. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

So you were on a proxy from the Netherlands and you typed German.
    German <> Dutch
    tatsujb likes this.
  7. thetrophysystem

I used Google Translate. Look, I'm literally not making a 5 page blog on my methods, stfu. I used Hide.Me, to proxy from the Netherlands, the same phrases from last time, translated through Google Translate, from English to Dutch.

You should submit a ticket to Google Translate to improve the quality of their service, I'm sure they'd greatly appreciate your collaboration! The "Feedback" button is in the bottom right corner: https://translate.google.com/

If you send your criticisms to me, Google will not receive them, for I do not work for Google, and necessary changes will not be made. This is the best way to remedy your situation, hope this helps! /ticketresolved
    Last edited: July 7, 2017
  8. Gorbles

If you think that linking Sargon is at all a fair response to anybody elses' video links in this thread, then it tells me enough about you to make the judgement I did.

The alt-right are a scourge, and I will treat them as such. Just like I'm sure others do about feminists, I reserve the absolute right to do and say what I do, within the forum rules :)
    tatsujb and stuart98 like this.
  9. tatsujb

I dunno why you choose to make this ad hominem. literally everyone in this thread has posted one of those. !including yourself.

they're just incredibly insightful and funny. not to mention they always make good points relevant to this debate. often they inform us about new unfoldings none of us knew about.
  10. Devak

Devak Post Master General

No idea what you're aiming at here. If you're aiming at polls, then yes i have more faith in polls than in you filling in 3 google terms.

I literally said "it's not aimed at you personally". Please read posts before commenting.
  11. thetrophysystem

Not only was it not ad hominem (you just don't want me doing it to sabotage what you're doing), but your claim is also false.

Not everyone has posted one of these, including myself, because you have posted WAY MORE than "one" of these. You have posted, as gmase has said, the entire ******* Oliver youtube channel. You basically conscript-subscribed us to it, consent be damned.

I literally said "it's not aimed at me personally, but it quotes me personally". It most certainly factually in hard evidence directly stated in your post, certifiably quotes specifically me. I suggested instead of you digging for narrative, find any easy example of it lying around in abundance to quote, and suggested a quote from Tatsu not 3 above it, but could have used 3 different posts of his from the previous page, 1 or 2 from the page before, 3 from the page before, another from the page before that, in some pages up to 5, ect, ect, you see what I'm getting at.

Don't suggest I didn't read, when my specific detailed words implied I read the WHOLE FUGGIN thing.
  12. thetrophysystem

...look, you want me to make a point? Let's see if I can get a mod's attention today. EDIT: Unfortunately, can't even place all his quotes in a single post because of media tag limits. I'll still remove the media tags and leave this here, it speaks for itself. These are only posts of a video lacking any sort of text as basis for what to watch for, and the orange arrows on the quote indicate their individual origins. Don't challenge me on this either, if you can't put the leg work into clicking an orange arrow, I will literally expand this post into groups of 5 of his quotes which DOES meet the media limit, but I'm counting that I'd need to make 9 consecutive posts to do it.

Last edited by a moderator: July 8, 2017
  13. elodea

elodea Post Master General

This is what you get when you play with and subsidise neomarxism from the public purse for 40-50 years. A mob of highly suggestible leftists ripe for the picking for any passing totalitarian leader. Want to know how Stalin or Hitler ever managed to get such high levels of popular supporrt? Here's a modern snapshot.

I actually learned German back in the day - was a place I wanted to visit. Not so much now adays with the increasing social self censorship, legal censorship, echo chambers, and ideological degeneracy. Although I hear east Germany doesn't have it as bad as west Germany. Should probably plan a trip before these extreme leftist apes start tearing down all the classical German architecture because they represent capitalist patriarchy or some other such nonsense.
    gmase likes this.
  14. tatsujb

@elodea except the left doesn't want unified power it wants distributed power / power to the people and nazis are far right

you need you own personal fact-checker.
  15. tatsujb

oh no!! I'm being "saaabotaaaged" heeeeelp!

oh whoops how did that happen? guess that didn't work.

hey thanks for the index i'm quoting it for future reference that's alot of work I won't have to do :

wow I have been a good boy!
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: July 8, 2017
  16. Gorbles

Let this be marked as the post as "The One Elodea Went Full Paul Joseph Watson".

Ahh, Friends, the episode title format is so useful.

But more seriously, to people casually reading this thread. This is what awaits you at the end of the modern alt-right echo chamber. Complete indoctrination and the parroting of buzzwords you don't actually understand. Implicit belief in things you are told because they line up with your own ideological beliefs. Calling people "apes" because you are the true refined saviour of humanity.

You can be conservative (preferably economically, but hey) and not be like this. Be critical of ideas, but also be critical of your own. Never stop growing. Never stop learning. And never, ever, try to be like this :)
  17. cola_colin

The people rioting and randomly breaking stuff are violent idiots who just need some reason to life out their violence somewhere somehow.

Not wanting to generalize: There are also many peaceful protesters around and that's a good thing. Our society is supposed to be based on the right to peacefully protest things you don't like after all.
  18. elodea

elodea Post Master General

This isn't normal idiot behaviour Colin.

People don't randomly get together in groups of a thousand strong, spontaneously come up with co-ordinated political slogans, and then intentionally attack the police and anyone they think are capitalist nazi fascists. Make no mistake, these people have been ideologically hijacked by leftism in its purest form. Antifa are communists and marxists. Their ideological motivations are known the world over from South America to Europe and they are soundly based in marxist class warfare.

The systematic causes are clear. All you need to do is listen to what they are telling you. If you normalise this as random village idiot behaviour, this ideology will continue to fester and destroy the cultural substrate of your society like a bad tooth infection.

These people don't believe in peaceful action because they subscribe to collective guilt and see the world as being made up of oppressor and oppressed groups. They are willing to attack and kill because they don't see individuals, they see collective systems. Peaceful protests are a classical liberal idea rooted in concepts like inalienable individual sovereignty and consent of the governed.
  19. cola_colin

Yes there are certainly somewhat organized groups at work here. Yes they're basing their violent action on "political" views.
    But their behavior makes it quite clear: These people have no interest in civilized discussion. They have no interest in discussion at all. They're driven by primitive anger. By destructive urges. Their justification of choice today is being against capitalism. Tomorrow it may be racism, the day after anti communism, then simple conflicts about what soccer team is the best one. Yesterday it may have been religion.
    Point is these people will find reasons to justify unloading their anger and hatred onto the world.

If these groups are what you refer to when you use those words "leftism marxist ..." then yeah they're idiots.
    But that has nothing to do with serious political views.
    You can have a state funded healthcare system, state funded schools, etc without those people. There is no connection between them and the social welfare state. They're anarchists. Organized anarchists, but still anarchists.

Ever political side has these people, because these people are not created from political views. They get their hatred elsewhere and then just pick their favorite justification to go on a rampage.

Against such people we need the police to show the full force of the state. Hamburg seems to be a bit understaffed however, they should've prepared better for this giant event.
  20. Gorbles

If the status-quo is right-wing (bear in mind Merkel is actually a conservative German leader, and Trump right-wing platform is as clear as the sky is blue), why are you being so reactionary, here?

I mean it's fascinating. Left-wing organised political violence is <bad> (ignoring the peaceful protestors), but systemic right-wing influence is . . . . <good>?

I wish you campaigned this hard for the large, organised, right-wing militias that organise marches, walks, and violence on others in the States and elsewhere in the world. This is why I call you on ideological bias, and thetrophysystem on similar.

It's only ever a problem with "the Left" does it. Apparently. That's why I can't ever take you seriously.

Well, that and you probably believe Sweden has a rape issue due to migrants.
    stuart98 likes this.