The Politics Thread (PLAY NICELY!)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by stuart98, November 11, 2015.

1. Devak

Devak Post Master General

If you have facts that can really add something, i'd suggest you send them to the investigators first.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

look at the the pot calling the kettle black ! XD

you guys are the ones conspiracy theorizing about NSA and FBI being wrong and the hack not comming from russia with no proof whatsoever! xD get your **** together
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

By second guess, you mean to ask, if my government requires me to follow medical advice when given by threat of force, then **** the hell no. That is why a medical professional genuinely explains the situation to an unprofessional patient in a way so they know what's happening in their own friggin body.

If you want me to "listen to a professional", then fine, I listen to the Libertarian Party who doesn't seem interested in claims of bipartisan election hacking as a serious threat or claim. They literally make money to run in politics, they have merits of achievement, such as the first electoral vote for a female nomination, they're professionals so they count. It's like getting a "second opinion" from another doctor, to find that the first doctor has a massive body count for malpractice. That also happens, which is why "professional" is not a catch-all term of enforcing sheeple mentality.

How deep does that metaphor go? Well, how deep is the bodycount of the Democrat party due to malpractice? It's not unreasonable to want to get a second professional opinion, and of course, you can always find 4-12 "professionals" who all disagree, like professional scientists disagree with global warming but aren't funded by the government, like professional statisticians disagree with marijuana negatives but aren't funded by the government... you see, it's almost like the government can pay someone to give an opinion, making them a "professional" because they're receiving payment for their field of work. Funny, huh?

Why should I listen to Tatsu? Is he a professional? I have professional-certification computer friends, I'll get a second opinion from them, and they'll probably tell me to disregard you. The government's professionals, allowed the leak in the first place, so their credibility is already nonexistant, but if they didn't drink coffee that cost my yearly salary (the government wastes so much damned money on frivolous charges to agency funding), I'd be more likely to believe the legitimacy in the government's operating expertise.
    Last edited: July 2, 2017
  4. tatsujb

exactly! so far same page here.

but when you then tell him you don't wanna vaccinate your kids because "it causes autism" that's called second guessing and it's something that does noone any good.

And again metaphors are an incredibly bad idea here. but i think whether it's the metaphor or real life it applies in this case : idiots second-guessing the FBI is causing more harm then good. and the metaphor breaks down at "your body" the nation is not exactly "your body" because you're not the only person living there nor do you have ascendancy over other's opinions.
  5. thetrophysystem

Nobody should be forced into medical decisions. That's like banning abortion, or alternatively, forcing abortion without permit to have children or if the doctor thinks you should.

That does include vaccinations. Schools can still require shot records and can decide on a per-basis to accept unvaccinated children depending on if they'll be in the same school as a low-immune child (almost NEVER the case), and offer a local transfer if not. It's not that terribly difficult to do, and when they turn 16 they should be able to get vaccinations through the government if they seek it because their parents begin to lose authority over the individual's autonomy at that point.

Nobody owes the FBI trust without verification. Hawaii trusted America until America supplied the coupe that killed their last king, citizens trusted America when America said marijuana was toxic lethal and made Mexicans bloodthirsty crazy, and at that point, I reserve full authority over my own decisions to question the government because pot is STILL illegal when we the citizens know it's a stupid ******* lie.

Why does Europe want the U.S. to fall in line with gun control, but doesn't bat an eye as it continues the world's highest incarceration rate with a product prohibition and authoritarian prosecution that Europe also disagrees with? Hey Europe, be a pal and help us with a battle that we ACTUALLY ******* WANT TO WIN GOD DAMN IT.
  6. tatsujb

what?
    we've in this very thread made a very big case for how Europe beats the U.S. over the head with "prison-state is wrong" much harder then we do "guns are wrong". (which mind you guns aren't helping at all with I challenge you to make that argument )

But I see your will to project your misinformation onto us is stronger. a little refresher :
  7. thetrophysystem

parrot.png
  8. Devak

He said "in this thread" not "everyone in the world".
  9. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

You need to stop relying on dictionary definitions and actually experience the things you're trying to be pedantic about.

https://www.bitsighttech.com/blog/cybersecurity-vs-information-security
  10. thetrophysystem

...and I said " Europe's stance relative to America", not "in this thread".

Since I was the first post on the topic, it was pretty fundamental. He swapped the parameters, and inserted a gosh dayum Oliver video. For the umpteenth time, no thanks on the video links, it's not like I'm a terrible person or something for not watching every single video ever made, but even if it did, no thanks.

This literally defines the first two, and then claims they overlap, within the first three paragraphs. I read the whole thing, doesn't place it outside the field of cybersecurity, nor does it make it a blatant failure of a government to let it happen with as much as they spend in funding on it. It's like buying a 300 dollar pair of shoes that fall apart in the first week.

It's obvious you're going to cite "professional sources", and I'm going to cite "professional failure", so this isn't going to evolve very far, perhaps instead of arguing with me in a never-changing stance, you just take the stance of "the government should fix their **** already".

...but thanks for playing though!
    Last edited: July 3, 2017
  11. tatsujb

those are quite senseless google search terms. you're kidding yourselve if you think that's actually how you find articles originating from europe. how is google supposed to know you don't want articles originating from america talking about European incarceration. i digress those meaningless stats proved my point anyways.
    I wish something could get me so alergized i couldn't tolerate to see it ...... no wait I don't that's morally weak. it's symptomatic of a subconscious doubt of your beliefs : it's just lalalaling

: D

Last edited: July 3, 2017
  12. tatsujb

13. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Where did I ever say the government (whichever government) shouldn't fix any issues that they might have? I didn't say anything of the kind.

The entire point of the article was to refute the linguistic point that the fields are disparate and / or separate. They're not. Not any more. To pretend that they are is to either do so for the sake of winning some point in an Internet argument, or is demonstrative of your lack of understanding of the field, and so maybe you shouldn't be raising it. Or in your case, jumping to defend someone else being criticised about it.
    tatsujb likes this.
  14. tatsujb

15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

And people go on about CNN "propaganda".

Does CNN air attack ads that portrait Trump as receiving money from terrorists?

The whole concept of all these personal attacks in news like that is pretty foreign to me. News ought to attempt to stay formal and neutral.
  16. Devak

17. thetrophysystem

In that case, you shouldn't be allowed to have:
    1) An opinion on the military. You're no professional.
    2) A choice of what you eat. You're no professional.
    3) A choice on your career. To even choose a profession, is a profession, a la Communism.
    4) A choice on your entertainment. Professionals have statistics that prove entertainment like Planetary Annihilation to be counterproductive for self-development. Any opinion otherwise, is an unprofessional opinion.

You apparently can have an opinion on infosecs. Then again, there will ALWAYS be differing opinions, and the government can buy 100 opinions that differ from yours, for every 1 genuine opinion of good faith you generate. Trump pays 100 infosec professionals to voice their opinion that it likely wasn't Russia, and they are 100 professionals and you are 1 so your opinion is invalid.

I'm telling you. Your opinion shouldn't be valid because "hur dur professional", give REASONS. Otherwise, the 3 other opinions from friends that are professionals hired for infosec by large businesses, outweigh yours, and they are professionals who know what they're talking about, probably higher certified professionals than you are with whatever bare minimum router connectivity certifications you lay claim to "infosecs professionalism" with.

Come back with a "why" if you're serious. Come back with a "shut up charleton I'm profeshunol!" if you want to continue to drive down the public respect for you.
  18. thetrophysystem

No, giving real stats instead of "your touchy feeling dumb arse feelings", would have proven your point. Instead, you just dismiss me without evidence, just "to hell with this guy", no "why" or "how" to be found.

Alas, no. Your real stats, would prove MY point, and I demonstrate with ACTUAL FACTS, that you're a lying jackarse in any language.
    parrot.png

It's symptomatic of spam. You're spamming. Various members of these forums have complained about it. Must be a lot of self-doubt going around among the non-Tatsu. Maybe the non-Tatsu should be euthanized for their intolerance to Tatsu-spam?

Maybe I should just do what I did last time, find some right-wing biased internet series, and post it literally so ******* often, that a moderator HAS to start removing them, and then bitch and complain until they start removing yours too. That's usually how we make progress in American Politics, sadly.
    Last edited: July 6, 2017
  19. thetrophysystem

20. Devak

This isn't specifically aimed at you, but if posting videos, can one at least type what exactly i need to watch out for and why i need to watch it?

Google results are only vaguely indicative. Especially such simple search results and terms. It's better than nothing at all, but it's also not exactly a smoking gun.