Movies !!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by tatsujb, February 4, 2015.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

2. tatsujb

3. tatsujb

4. tatsujb

alot of these trailers I don't watch but maybe you're interested :
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. tatsujb

6. tatsujb

7. tatsujb

8. tatsujb

cdrkf likes this.
  9. tatsujb

god the new ghost in the shell is garbage.
  10. arseface

arseface Post Master General

It was better than I expected. I don't know what people wanted from it, I thought they did as good a job as they could have.

The original movie had a better plot, but really only by virtue of the motivations of the bad guy and the cast having less of a tendency to openly philosophize about not-so-deep stuff. Both of which market well.

I really don't see the changes they made detracting from the enjoyment of the film overly much. GITS(movie) was half great because of being groundbreaking in its medium. It will never have that again, and without that it's a refreshingly slow movie built on a really cool premise. That's it.

In other news, just saw Guardians 2. Drax confirmed best character.
  11. tatsujb

nothing. ...people wanted nothing.. people didn't ask for it so technically they didn't want anything from it.

another person who didn't understand the plot of Ghost in the Shell. there was no bad guy in GITS arguably that's the whole plot of that movie: not to have good and bad, pure and evil, those are abstract concepts for that movie and not it's point.
  12. arseface

Do not talk down to me. Ever.

Both movies clearly had antagonists, getting hung up over that one phrase in a post intended to be short and not spoil anything in either movie is stupid.
  13. tatsujb

I don't feel as if you can spell any obligation on me. plus this kinda undercuts any will there :
    but wish away.

(and just to be clear didn't have any ill will. Ghost is just MY movie. I kinda know shiit about it and don't feel I'm out of my depth here)

As for the topic I'm right. You simply can't compare the two senarios especially not from an ideological point of view. I maintain that the concept of good and evil is entirely absent form the first (in fact this is done to humanize both the protagonist and the seeming antagonist which makes more of a second protagonist as the film progresses) and I don't give a damn if you spoil the reboot here the way I see it the two movies share nothing but aesthetics and a couple of copypasta scenes that incidentally make no scenaristical sense since no effort is made to weave them back into the scenario of the current movie they're in an detach them from the scenario of the movie they're stolen from. they're not even in order but who cares right?

In fact spoiling the original makes alot of sense at this point since it's an incentive for people these days who haven't seen it to see it. Everyone I know and meet in this situation is 100% of the time of the opinion that : " I can just watch the new one better aesthetics, same story, better deal in the end"
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  14. tatsujb

15. tatsujb

16. tatsujb

17. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i liked it ... i mean it does what the anime does with the manga .. taking bits and pieces out of that were the movie takes bits and pieces of the animemovies and series ...
    there were a couple weird shots in it but imo johanson did a good work with playing the major

one movie i recommend if you guys liked
    wolf of wallstreet give the movie gold a watch

as for logan ... surely not bad but not mindblowing either

also watched alien: covenant .... mixed feelings on that one ... it felt a bit like having an identitycrisis
  18. tatsujb

GITS is a shitshow get that through your heads

as for Logan, it's clever. see for yourself...
    Last edited: June 6, 2017
  19. arseface

Wonder Woman impressed me. It was kind of odd that I preferred the cgi action scenes to a few that were probably intended to be badass scenes, most notably "no man's catwalk". But otherwise a good movie. Granted, I had low expectations given DC's recent track record.
  20. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i get that through the head that it´s a shitshow for you, no reason to act hostile torwards people that like it .. wtf tatsu

WW is gonna be out next week here .. and from what i heard i think i´m gonna give it a try ..
    cdrkf likes this.