The Politics Thread (PLAY NICELY!)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by stuart98, November 11, 2015.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

First it's "moment in office, world war 3". Now, it's "it might take 4 years". Well, good for us, if it doesn't happen in 4 years, it won't happen then, will it?

Mind you, I edited my last post with an addendum in 3 minutes, but you replied in 2.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Absolutely. One more reason to demand France get their **** together and elect somebody who'll work towards a united and strong EU that can help put out your fire.
  3. thetrophysystem

One thing I can agree with. If there is going to be a fire, it's best for it not to start everywhere at once. I wouldn't even be mad if the EU didn't collapse if/when we did. It's all cyclical, political models are, we've had our 140 years since a civil war, Germany has had like 70 years, if France can keep their **** together (mind you, neither candidate is probably apocalyptic, people throw that word around a lot), then perhaps it can be Europe's time in the sun again. Maybe the next set of revolutionary inventions in medicine or devices will come from Europe and come across the ocean our way this time. I wouldn't even be mad, we got through a depression once, we can do it again, better or worse.

The fire would help oust the cancerous roots in the government, maybe whole political parties altogether. Right-wing used to be 'small government", not "pseudo-fascist", how would you like the "conservative party" to go back to being that? Me too. As well as the left-wing focusing on quality of life across the board, not divisive saber-rattling and oligarchical suppression.
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

5. tatsujb

I've changed my mind I'll go vote. (for macron you idiot)

6. cola_colin

You're a hero
  7. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Yep I'm sure his vote will decide the elections
  8. cola_colin

It totally will.
    tunsel11 likes this.
  9. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I was going to research the French elections more, but then realized i stopped caring about the EUs bullshit after I read the Fountainhead for the first time.

Brb gonna go read it again.

PS comedy shows do not count in a discussion on politics, tatsu. How many times.....
  10. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Could you please explain us (well, me at least) how does that book makes you not care about EUs bullshit, and what do you mean by that. I'm intrigued.
  11. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

The Fountainhead was a wake up call for me because it helped highlight the inherent weaknesses in the EUs system. Namely, they proclaim the merits of cooperation, fail to realize their potential, then blame the problem on others. In a word: hypocrites.

So, I stopped caring. Nothing will stop their slow, inevitable decline.

Note: i had read Atlas Shrugged before the Fountainhead
  12. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

I think that's just basic politics. Trump never blames problems on others you know :)
    tatsujb, stuart98 and tunsel11 like this.
  13. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

@mered4 I care about the aftermath of the EU decline. It doesn't matter if you call it democracy, people don't just renounce power. The weaker the beast the more dangerous it gets.
  14. cola_colin

Funny if you ask me about the current state of the US I might answer the same.
    At this point the most important export product of the US might very well be first rate political comedy. It keeps getting better. Or sadder, depending on how serious I think about it.

I mean seriously: What do you think of the first 100 days of Trump? Happy with what he achieved so far?
    tatsujb, stuart98 and tunsel11 like this.
  15. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

I too base my opinions on the modern political landscape on an idealist novel published in 1943.
    tatsujb and stuart98 like this.
  16. tatsujb

x'D literally crying
    tunsel11 likes this.
  17. tatsujb

btw this has been billboarded all over all journal salesman's facades I have to walk by it every morning :
    "HE WON! his bet"
    [​IMG]

This is the kinda shitt I'm talking about @cola_colin slow indoctrination. the masses don't really consume news anymore they feel satisfied getting a "general feel" so through this they oblige by just telling people 'he won!' ...oh and there's a smaller bit to that title if you keep reading.. welp ...too late he's gone.
  18. thetrophysystem

Definitely not.

Not too late to do it though. Just has to do some common sense **** people have been asking for 8 years for.

As of right now though, he's dragging his feet, it's some good and a lot of bad and nothing too groundbreaking.

Also, just going to leave this here.
    [​IMG]
  19. cola_colin

Yeah better make that 1949
    [​IMG]
    stuart98, tatsujb and Gorbles like this.
  20. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Oh, I was on about The Fountainhead, but yeah, that's another one :D