The Politics Thread (PLAY NICELY!)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by stuart98, November 11, 2015.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Opinions on Trump passing a bill to legalize the sale of nationwide browsing history data?
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It has not failed to provide me with some nice giggles, so I guess that's a good thing.

tatsujb likes this.
  3. tatsujb

Last edited: April 21, 2017
  4. tatsujb

5. tatsujb

6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Okay, I STILL cannot watch that video, the link is literally not permitted for streaming in the country I am viewing from (which is inside the state of topic for ****'s sake!).

Where the **** is this place, and why does real-news not show any damn articles about it?

Besides, I already said, there's no reason for water not to have priority as much as oil does, except you can't gouge prices for water, people can just not pay, it can be writ off as a necessary resource, and be given anyway, and then nobody makes money off of it.

I don't know about Europe, but in USSR and America, resources for non-profit just doesn't work, someone busts their hump simply too hard to maintain such a feat. Now, obviously, when there's SOME form of benefit to it, someone will do it, and even THAT is different from Europe and the United States. In case of water, again, Europe is a bit more plentiful of it, a bit less distance in certain places, and a bit more efficient with it.

The US should do something about water resources, wood resources, legal reform, marijuana legalization, real treatment of addictions instead of incarceration, political reform, employment reform, economic reform, and community involvement. That's a long list, and none of it's getting done, so I've got nothing, what's your solution, UK and Germany? Laugh? Great, that's what I'm doing too. Tell me when you come up with a REAL solution, and I'll be game to join, because it won't get better until someone does something about it, and locally, some states are better and some aren't, and the division is creating a void nothing can improve in.

Texas, is a weird claim to bring up water infrastructure, when there are worse examples, unless I'm simply missing something because I can't even so much as view the source, nor can I find another source.
  7. tatsujb

https://eu1.proxysite.com/process.php?d=pGWc4L641bf8NgoPB2cjB9187C/tlnKi2GX1JmYTbY9o8j4RtHhKrwz0kx77SAnIogUtcUab9t0=&b=1&f=norefer

do you not know how to use a proxy?

It's like trophy is our kid and he's making his first baby steps.

I don't really know yet why there are back and forth "only for this country" type limits on videos. in my mind this shouldn't exist. any version of this is just another flavor of censorship. and fuckk whatever money you hope to glean from the extra views.

my guess is that's why they do it with the intent of publishing a vid from the other monetized world section accounts to guarantee each one gets 100% of the revenue but then they don't even bother publishing cross-account or the other accounts don't even exist yet.

abroad views aren't theft you twisted fuckking fuckk

that the topic place can't even see the video about themselves isn't a novel concept to this twisted blocking.

but it's refreshing to see for once that the US are sometimes also a victim of this.

It just shows that bullshitt always always ALWAYS cuts both ways.
  8. thetrophysystem

You really spun this around as censorship and the US getting what they deserve? Really? Youtube content localization, is ENTIRELY UP TO THE CORPORATE COPYRIGHT ENFORCED.

So, I'm supposed to fix Comedy Central's nut-hugging the pay-per-view obsolete cable broadcast bullshit? Well, when you're done with that bag of ****, you can eat another.

Also, it's satire news. Also, you haven't provided a 2nd source of ANY KIND, biased or not. If it's made up, often it at least has 2 SOURCES, even if it's Onion articles. If it doesn't have that, then jeez. What do you expect of me?

I know how to use proxies/VPNs you jackass. Isn't that technically law-bypass btw? Can I report Tatsu and have him banned under pretenses of ["Big Duh Don't" Forum Rule 7f: Don’t intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation. Also see: Rule 6, 7a... etc you get the idea. Just don't.]

I won't, ofc, libertarian, but we don't have to keep being dicks about this, acting like only "I" am right. Calm the **** down. As far as I see it, you blame the US for censorship and some regional bullshit they orchestrated and deserve, and I blame corporate content locks instead.
  9. thetrophysystem

Also, just for fun, because I don't think some of you appreciate the vast differences in function, it's worth noting that my water, unlike Kingwood's, is a private well, out in the woods, where 1 guy owns the neighborhood water rights, and the big well charges a service for each property in the neighborhood, and this piece of junk breaks down frequently, is strong in calcium, and gouges it's prices beyond what I'd suspect is just the operating cost. The government could sweep up the rights in imminent domain, but it doesn't because there's no ambition to get stuck with that sort of burden of providing a utility.

I sincerely doubt there's no place in the European countryside that doesn't have a city water connection though. Or a shoddy city water connection at the edge of it's service. Again, there's probably less trouble than here, because taxes actually pay someone who gives a damn, to give a damn. Here, they pay for yachts for someone who thinks they're the Donald Trump of some neighborhood or locality.
  10. tatsujb

major shiit's about to go down in france
  11. cola_colin

gl gg hf
  12. tatsujb

13. cola_colin

Isn't Macron the most acceptable option and very likely to win by a large margin against le pen?

Or am I mixing up names?
  14. tatsujb

I've no idea what you're doing but read through my stuff I'f you haven't already : https://forums.uberent.com/threads/the-politics-thread-play-nicely.70907/page-148#post-1140348
    it seems like all you have to go by is Jon Oliver's video and if that's true despite my repeated posts then that's really unfortunate.

I'm calling it now : Macron won't win vs Le Pen. and there's a good reason for that : I and every other person of young age and relatively full education won't be voting. none of us want to vote for fuckking Macron.

not even to save france from LePen. france's majority can go fuckk itself and have themselves a good serving of what they've ordered. whether it's lepen or macron they can bend over and prepare to be fuckked dry and I'm having no part in it.
  15. cola_colin

I did read your summary about Macron just now and still don't really understand.
    Also I've read some nitbits about him here and there in German press about him, which has left me with a positive impression.

He is pro EU. Le Pen is anti EU and well... Le Pen is Le Pen.

So isn't it a pretty easy choice to support him?
    Le Pen is the big evil that needs to be prevented after all?

It is a bit harder to get an idea of wtf the french election is about though, as even some of the videos you linked are in french. I don't speak french at all, so if there is no subtitle I can't make any sense of it.

EDIT:
    After reading most of Macrons Wikipedia page there are few things I'd totally disagree with, so he seems like a pretty acceptable choice next to Le Pen. Like most of his views are okayish.
    Last edited: April 23, 2017
    stuart98 likes this.
  16. tatsujb

Jesus H Christ.
    MACRON
    MÉLENCHON
    notice something?
    I wrote nothing about macron so far.

nothing about macron can leave a positive impression unless what you read has no basis in reality. please link such articles and I'll step by step go through why they have no basis in reality.
    unless you inhabit france in which case you'd weigh your options a little more seriously.
    what VIEWS? he has no views. he has no program.

there are no "views" to speak of. any and all of his actions are dictated by the banks. in such a scenario a "view" is an abstract concept that holds no weight nor grasp on reality.

I wish I had the luxury of a Hillary vs. Trump right about now because that is not AT ALL what I'm presented with.

and yeah Trump/Hillary is as bad as douche/turd sandwich. but LePen/Macron removes the concept of choice altogether.

it's just turd sandwich/turd sandwich.

picture this : if you had to vote between Trump and mike pence who'd you pick? with a gun to my head I'd definitely go trump. Trump may be "innocently" homophobic but mike pence is adamantly homophobic. Trump may be an accidental war waiting to happen but war make mikes pence's nipples erect.

You've got erroneous information, whatever that info may be.

I read the wiki article and it's starts out ok with only minor lies by omission then quickly devolves into an outright propaganda piece with outlandish claims such as painting him as "involved" in the syrian refugee crisis debate and an ecologist.

this is utter lies. there's countless pieces of evidence of his actions IN OFFICE going against both these claims.
  17. cola_colin

All of the internet/media I am aware of paints Macron as a somewhat reasonable "middle-left" politician, who is clearly pro EU and not a racist ******* like Le Pen.

You're the only person I am aware of to be this angry about him.

Le Pen wants to throw you guys out of the EU. I don't see why you'd not want to stop that. Apart from all the racism **** that she spouts.
    Le Pen would be a major setback for all of Europe. I cannot even fathom why you'd put Macron on her level.

This does not even look like "Hillary vs Trump" to me. More like "Sanders vs Trump".
    Easy choice.

Well even then: better no program than a program that involves going all racist and leaving the EU.

Can you give me any english source that would explain your anger on Macron? I am at a loss about your position on him.
    What has made you angry enough about him to consider accepting LE PEN instead?

Le Pen stands for the rise of the insane alt right that would bring about the end of civilization as we know it. What makes you not want to vote against that?
    proeleert likes this.
  18. tatsujb

it's easy to find no media not depicting him well : all media you find is based on french media and he is literally owner of next to 100% of french outlets.
    you're missguided. this is def not "Sanders vs Trump" it's "Mike vs Trump" and I'm not voting.

her being of racists upbringing and wanting to leave the EU seems of little consequence next to how badly macron will **** over the middle and poor classes and the ecosystem.

it's a tough choice. do I love people of all origins more than I love life on earth itself?

Don't worry I perfectly get what you're saying. Marine being crazy and all this isn't like something you have to teach ME. I've been educating YOU GUYS on her best I can for awhile now : https://forums.uberent.com/threads/france-facing-totalitarianism.71039/

SO please take a step back and appreciate that you're clearly misssing the full picture here.

and lemme make this crystal clear : I will NEVER vote for Marine Le Pen. but I'm perfectly aware she'll be elected as a semi-related consequence to that : which I don't want : but which I can't bring myself to be pissed off about enough to change my mind about my actions.

but I am already pissed off. as you can probably tell. this isn't something I do with a light heart. this isn't something that's easy for me. I loathe this situation with all of my being.

I'm at a low point in my life right now where as far as I can tell the Illuminati DO control the world and there is only the illusion of democracy the illusion of choice.

This outcome is so opposite to every sane person's wishes it's difficult to not imagine the whole system isn't a sham.

who are these voters voting for lepen ? where do they come from? who votes for macron? at every debate he was the fumbling dunce
  19. thetrophysystem

I do not inhabit it, but I can understand "local opinion differing", something a lot of people have trouble with outside of individual States/the US. Everyone wants to have an opinion from afar, and then believe you need to live exactly in the mould of their opinion.

As far as Hillary vs Trump, you verbedum described Hillary as far as "countless actions in office". Now, you really might know what it's like to have to lose. Though, it really can't be AS apocalyptic as you portray, if he messes up bad the election cycles will delete his mistakes with any luck.

*marks on calendar* another year and a half for congressional seats here, and I'll be advocating the same old "if you don't have a good reason to, then don't vote incumbent, and strongly consider third party", because I was told during last election "third parties need more local elections before they can win federal ones", despite Johnson having been governor and several states such as Florida having a few seats of representation.

If people are lamenting that politicians "voted this assanine law into practice" now, they need to make a list of house and senate who supported it, and ditch them, instead of setting cruise control for a whole 4 years of stupid.
  20. thetrophysystem

Just saying, you in France, from what I understand, having an envious multi-tier election, have an option to "vote less evil earlier", and then vote against it later anyway.

The US, late in the game, had Clinton, Sanders, Trump, and Cruz. Cruz is a bland choice, I sadly can see why he didn't resonate well, it's basically an avatar for Paul Ryan (who people widely support less than Trump). The fact Sanders didn't win, just shows corporations nominate, not people. It's as valid a claim as "Russia blah blah blah".

Just 1 example of US nomination being barbaric in comparison to France, note that voter suppression in the conventions were highly broadcasted when people were turned away for "missing paperwork to affiliate with the democrat party" over Sanders. They're ******* voters, if they're over 18, let them ******* choose the candidate, don't bureaucratically rig it, and definitely don't complain about the results afterward. Next time arsewipes, you let your turn-out vote for the damn nominee, instead of turning away based on party affiliation paperwork.

I'm sure even "Libertarians" do it in their own party, they're particularly structured about it, but I'm also sure if you show up having registered, even within the week or two, then you'd be in.

There was never a chance to "vote less evil early", there were only 2 cookie-cutter moulds to fill, and 2 shitty candidates had to fill that void, and breaking that mould requires an assanine threshold of effort to overcome, where it's way more likely to end up with a global war or crippling economic collapse, before the threshold of effort to oust one of the installed parties is met.

While it's "just sort of awful", people will keep the status quo, which will make things progressively more awful, until it's not just tasteless but entirely disgusting. People actually have to destroy their lives, to be convinced to make the effort to reform here.