Burn in Hell, 2016!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by stuart98, January 1, 2017.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Good riddance!
  2. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

yeah that's a standard-issue increase.

*I'M* sick of people who claim to be sick of people sickened by 2016. they just wanna look cool.

2016 was objectively crud just admit it. you don't just take a negative event and try to cancel it out with and equally positive event. BOTH events continue to exist.
  4. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

It really wasn't.
    Some celebrities died and Donald Trump became president yet you people are acting like six genocides happened.
    If Donald Trump being president is what has you complaining then prepare for three years of depression, otherwise calm the hell down.
    cptconundrum and killerkiwijuice like this.
  5. arseface

arseface Post Master General

you don't just take a positive event and try to cancel it out with and equally negative event. BOTH events continue to exist.

couldn't help it
  6. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Well there's a genocide happening and everyone looks away. Terror attacks happen again and again and pretty close to home.
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

its the year of disinformation. from now on truth & fact won't be able to dominate over fake news.

it was also the turning point for saving the planet's ecosystem and people decided to decide the problem no longer existed and never did.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  8. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Also, FDA definition of "cage-free" means basically all of them packed into a cage together, rather than individual cages. It's not really an improvement, cage-free is essentially the same damn thing for all the important reasons, i.e. they'll never see sunlight in their lives.
    tatsujb likes this.
  9. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Just to make it clear, apparently me being born white because I accidentally skipped character select screen, was the reason a muslim "bombed" (???) Nice, France, but the point is, hating 2016 is apparently bipartisan. Also, one of these cunts, either Tehkred or in the video, is also lying about the Zika vaccine. EDIT: He said Ebola vaccine, but still, these viruses outbreak so wearily often and then fall off the face of the ******* planet, how am I to keep up? My condolences for who they kill, but still.
    Last edited: January 5, 2017
  11. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

The stupid grouping of people. There isn't a white male club, we are individuals with different minds. When will these so called liberals learn to see beyond the skin?
    Anyway to say if 2016 was a good or bad year, I'll look at my family, my health, my job... much more than at things "happening" in the TV.
    stuart98 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  12. Devak

one man's good year is another man's bad year. Though i think people mostly mean "politically (and possibly socially), 2016 was a **** year". But it's the internet, plenty of room but little room for nuance.

If all muslims were bad, we'd be seeing a billion-man army. If all muslims were good, there would be no terrorists. So the truth is somewhere in between.

Also, irony:
    stuart98 likes this.
  13. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

It's not the same grouping people based on the skin colour than addressing a bunch of people who think the same way about the thing I was discussing.
    So for example, if I'm talking about God and say muslims think he is a man, I'm doing it right. But if I'm talking about the opinion of disabled mulattoes about siria's war, I'm doing it wrong.
    Tell me if you need a deeper explanation or you're just being hypocritical.
  14. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

"when will liberals learn to see beyond the skin", says person who is likely to have never been affected by skin-based issues in common culture.

We live in an age where people act more offended by being called a racist than their perception of racism itself. When will people learn to analyse that, I wonder.
    tatsujb likes this.
  15. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Nobody is calling me racist, but ,if someone did, of course I would be angry. And I wouldn't be angry at all if I read about a black dude who doesn't get a job in Kentucky. Why? because I don't know that guy, I don't even know where Kentucky is and far worse things happen everyday in the world.

The problem is that some people seem to be able to think only about race, gender or whatever category they can appreciate at sight. I guess trying to discuss ideas is very complicated... And that people like the simplistic view of the world: Good vs Evil, Brexit=racists won, Trump=racists won.... Why would we debate anything else when racism/misogyny/anti-islam labels make it so easy to see who are the good and bad guys.
  16. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

So what you're saying is you'll be angry if you think someone offends you (regardless of how accurate that may or may not be), but you don't have an iota of empathy for other human beings?

Are you not concerned with how that makes you sound?
  17. Devak

No, i thought it was funny you mentioned "stupid grouping of people" and then stupidly group people in pretty much one sentence. That's what hypocrisy is.
  18. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Devak, gmase was labeling the people in that video and those with similar attitudes as stupid because of *what they were saying*. The stupid grouping of people that gmase himself was referencing was grouping people due to unchangeable attributes, *what they are*. There's a chasm a mile wide between the two.
    gmase likes this.
  19. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Awesome improvements happen every year. To act like a year can't be abnormally bad or memotable despite all the positivity is hilarious. Consider all the school shootings, the constant threat of terror attacks, the real dishonesty of the news rising including lying "non mainstream" news conspiracy sources like Infowars on the right and TYT on the left. A lot of memorable people from many people's childhood's dying, and etc. Anyone who wants to say this year was great and awesome is just trying to be a hipster. At best you could say it was decent or alright, but there's a reason people disagree.
  20. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

No, not all of us are living in Amerrica.
    Look here to see bad years: https://ourworldindata.org/slides/war-and-violence/#/6 No big bubble for 2016.
    Islamic State lost important territories last year, and there hasn't been a terrorist attack as big as 9-11 or 4-11.
    And over all of that, I don't give a **** if your childhood drug addict hero dies. Camp with a candle next to the fence of his luxury house but don't expect others to cry for Prince.