Constantly losing connection to the server

Discussion in 'Support!' started by probodobodyne, December 1, 2016.

1. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

I have no such issue on my Ubuntu laptop which I use elsewhere, but on my Windows PC I lose connection every other minute. I don't think it's because of my connection because it works fine with everything else. I googled this issue and looks like it's a known one too.

What can I do to fix this? The game is more annoyance than it is fun when I am knocked out of it every three minutes.
  2. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

3. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

Yeah and I don't have anything on that list. I do have ASUS GPU Tweak and AVG Antivirus however.
  4. mwreynolds

I have you tried setting local server from auto to on, to see how a game plays locally on your PC.
  5. mwreynolds

6. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Did you also try the clean boot option at the end of that list?
  7. tripper

tripper Active Member

Getting this too, is there any eta on a fix? This is really aggravating.
  8. DeathByDenim

What have you tried so far?
  9. tripper

tripper Active Member

Tried, a clean reinstall, + deletion of the (I think) settings folder in %localappdata%, full update of all drivers sound/chipset/video. Removed as many running apps as I can from task manager, exception to this is my corsair gaming software as it causes a blue screen, if I do.

It appears to crash less if I close chrome in the background, but doesn't stop it entirely, all I can think of for now. The logs don't appear to have anything very indicative of what might be causing it. I'm at a complete loss for now.

Edit: added latest log file, crashed 3 times in a ranked match on

Attached Files:

Last edited: December 14, 2016
  10. DeathByDenim

This is kind of weird in the log:
    Code:
    [08:20:13.172] INFO [JS/game] bundle://boot/boot.js:38994: api.net.joinGame 254810078482641596 undefined:undefined
    That "undefined:undefined" should contain an IP address and a port. But that would only prevent you from connecting, not losing your connection mid-game.

But I'm a bit confused. This thread was initially about losing the connection, but you are saying PA is just crashing completely? Can you also upload a DxDiag.txt if you are crashing?

As a test, can you perform a clean boot in Windows as well as start PA with the --nomods flag to temporarily disable any mod?
    Instructions for the clean boot are here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/929135
    The --nomods flag can be set by right-clicking on the game in Steam and go to Properties -> set launch parameters.

Kind of weird that disabling corsair software causes blue screens by the way. Corsair is just keyboards and mice, isn't it?
  11. tripper

tripper Active Member

Sorry, by crash I of course mean I get the "connection to server lost" message. I've just taken to calling it crash because derp.

Will give the cleanboot a try and nomods a try, reluctantly, as I'm so used to Hotbuild now I can't play for **** without it lol.
  12. tripper

tripper Active Member

Clean Boot and --nomods, results in a failure, still losing connection repeatedly. Did have to turn on the steam client service to make things work however, going to try disabling the steam overlay next.

Edit: Disabling the steam overlay appears to be effective so far...
    Last edited: December 14, 2016
  13. DeathByDenim

Steam overlay? That would be kind of strange. That thing has only every been a problem with game crashes due to its interference with the graphics.

If that fixes it somehow, great! Otherwise, if it still happens, are you on WiFi maybe? PA is kind of a hard on WiFi router. For instance my previous router would often crash completely when I played PA. So if you are on WiFi, could you (again as a test) try a cabled connection directly to the modem for a bit?
  14. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

got a lot of chrashes in a short time today ..

Attached Files: