Stuck on "CREATING WORLD SIMULATOR" Mac OS

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by mminto, November 11, 2016.

?

Do you have this experience?

1. YES

25.0%
  2. NO

75.0%
  3. YES but fixed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mminto

mminto New Member

The game get's stuck on "Creating World Simulator" regardless of connection, lack od mods, or repeated trials. FIX THIS NOW, or GIVE ME A REFUND.
  2. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Does your system match the minimum requirements of 8GB RAM? If not, exactly that would happen as your system will then try to abuse your slow hard disk as a replacement.
  3. mminto

mminto New Member

Quite. I have 16GB of RAM and 70Gb free HD space. Not to mention an i7 3.4Ghz processor with 2Gb of HD graphics. So the issue is not on my end. Besides the game has worked sporadically, literally once every couple days of attempts. When it has worked it's spectacular. Then suddenly upon victory or restarting a new game it will get stuck on the aforementioned screen.
  4. exterminans

Could you try enabling "local server" in the settings? ("Settings" -> "Server" -> "Local Server" -> "Yes")?
    That way we can ensure that it's not a connection problem.

If you have bought the game via Steam, you might also want to try switching from "stable" to the current experimental "PTE" which contains a lot of bug fixes.

Please also upload a log file of a run where the game gets stuck on that screen. The log files can be found in "~/Library/Application Support/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/log/".
  5. mminto

mminto New Member

I am playing within Steam. So I will try the local server, however, how do I switch from Stable to PTE?
  6. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

7. mminto

mminto New Member

The "LOCAL SERVER" being "ON" changed nothing. It is still stuck on the same screen once I try to start a skirmish, or tutorial, or galactic war. So, knowing that I have Steam, how would I get you a "log"?
  8. mminto

mminto New Member

UPDATE:

I have now tried switching on the "Local Server" AND turning on "PTE" and neither has made a single difference. The game opens smoothly, then as soon as I have to traverse through the "Creating World Simulator" screen for any game, it will stay there, loading eternally.
  9. exterminans

That still leaves the log file. Please attach both the log files for the client and for the server.

Well, and potentially once again checking your firewall settings. With local server enabled, in a single player game, this should never happen, unless either the server crashed, the Uber hosted server failed to work properly (not applicable when using the local server), or the firewall blocked the connection.
  10. mminto

mminto New Member

How would I get the log if I'm using Steam. I do not have the file path that you described before.
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

It will be in the 'Steamapps' folder then in the same location...
  12. mminto

mminto New Member

I'm sorry but that is not the case. There is no library folder nor subsequent Uber Entertainment folder to speak of within my Steamapps folder. Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 15.50.02.png
  13. mminto

mminto New Member

But I did find it on another drive.

Attached Files:

cdrkf likes this.
  14. mminto

mminto New Member

I found it in another file path similar but on a different drive. Thank you for your help and patience.
  15. exterminans

In the parent folder of where you found that log, should also be the server log. Please attach that as well.
  16. mminto

mminto New Member

How would I distinguish between a "SERVER LOG" within the "LOG" folder?

Attached Files:

17. mminto

mminto New Member

is this what you mean, within the Planetary Annihilation folder?

Attached Files:

18. exterminans

Yes, that's the one.

This is odd, the server hang when attempting to mount the client mod index file.

Would you mind deleting the entire "download/" folder in the PA directory, the one where you found the server log in, I mean? There's a chance that the mod management system got corrupted for some unknown reason.

Deleting that directory should reset it.
  19. mminto

mminto New Member

AMAZINGLY that worked. Thank you so much for your due diligence and patience!
    cdrkf likes this.
  20. mminto

mminto New Member

Had a wonderful multiplayer game last night, then BOOM the crashing began again, I'm tried deleting the "download" contents again and nothing has changed. It is now getting stuck on the "CREATING WORLD SIMULATOR" screen.

Attached Files: