hey waddaya know y'all are blessed you got some BRNK love

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by tatsujb, October 23, 2016.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

enjoy :

this should get you some players
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

That ... was .... PAINFULL

he did a couple pa videos before though
  3. xankar

xankar Post Master General

More like this'll probably just turn more supcom players away from PA.
    wpmarshall likes this.
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

5k subs meh
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

right? its just double of what marshall and exodus have toghether but whatever ..
    why should we gather every little crumb here and there to increase the overall exposure for this game and the community behind it ? ... oh wait ...

that one video of BRNK as much as it pains me watching it ( :p ) got roughly the views of 4 videos marshal got ...
    Last edited: October 29, 2016
    tatsujb likes this.
  6. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Perhaps I should move into the SupCom / FAF scene as well.

Perhaps video sharing may also help get the PA videos / community more visibility. My viewer count isn't changing which does suggest people don't share it.
    tatsujb likes this.
  7. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

Sorry for not selling my soul to social media. :(
    wpmarshall likes this.
  8. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Sorry for this forum being my only social media.
  9. wpmarshall

It's not about view counts; it's about PA's visibility. Currently my audience is what is left from those who followed in early access and those who are still playing the game. Hence my suggestion for moving into SupCom, FAF, SupCom 2 etc because at least then if other people join my channel through those routes they may find something in PA that they like.
    tatsujb, lulamae and cdrkf like this.
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

It might help, although knowing the communities as well as I do- you might find it difficult. There are still TA die hard fans who won't play any of the newer games on principal. SupCom FAF players are similar- I think the majoirty of people from those communities willing to give PA a go have probably already done so although I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Imo you might be better doing some other RTS games less closely related, as players from those are less likely to have already made up their minds. You never know, you might be able to steal a few players from ATOS :p
  11. wpmarshall

If only I could afford it - I've had my eye on it for months, although I hear the games are long and the competitive scene dwindling? Maybe that's old info though.
  12. cdrkf

Yeah I haven't picked it up yet either- I've been waiting for it to hit a sale on steam, that and also Homeworld Ship-breakers :p How come the games I want never go on sale?
  13. cdrkf

Sorry for double reply... just a thought but have you ever tried any games on the Spring engine? There are some interesting mods and as it's totally free, might be worth a try?
  14. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

I found ATOS to be quite boring and lifeless. The sfx get very annoying fast. It suffers from the same issues regarding units that Pa does but it's worse and the unit diversity is far inferior to Pa. Tl:dr isn't worth full price, maybe 20 would be reasonable.
    cdrkf likes this.
  15. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

that's like ...3 people.

@marshall I'll share my steam library if you're that desperate to try it out. maybe you'll realize it's not up your alley then. I have the founder's edition. Although fair warning, that game shits on any graphic card older than a year and under 200 bucks (and shits on it twice as much if it's nvidia).

(you'd have to do POV only as AOTS doesn't support replays)
    Last edited: November 22, 2016
  16. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Active Member

I have some AOTS keys leftover from buying graphics cards in bulk if you need any (EDIT: the keys, not the graphics cards. You're not that lucky I'm afraid). Not worth as much now because of the expansion, but it could cut the price for AOTS:E from $40 to $20. Or, if you're fine with just playing vanilla, you could just play regular AOTS.
    cdrkf likes this.
  17. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I wouldn't mind one of those.
  18. cdrkf

That'd be fantastic if you can spare one? I'd probably just start out with Vanilla and get a feel for the game then upgrade to AOTS:E :)
  19. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Active Member

I think I'll give it a couple days to see how many people are interested, then do a raffle of some sort. I think I have 3 or 4 keys left over, possibly more, so I should be able to cover everyone. Depends on how many people want them.

I could also just give them to the first people who asked for one, although I feel that'd be a bit unfair to the folks in other time zones.
    cdrkf and stuart98 like this.
  20. wpmarshall

Jot me down as interested please o_O
    cdrkf likes this.
  21. cdrkf

Hey, well I don't get much time to game these days, so if others want the keys more they can take priority over me. I think @wpmarshall should have one- he'll stream the game I'm sure...
    stuart98, PeggleFrank and lulamae like this.