PA Titans crashes after I load a game

Discussion in 'Support!' started by ricron, September 16, 2015.

1. ricron

ricron New Member

My game of PA has always been crashes, but before it was very infrequent. Now with Titans the game will crash every single time I try to play a game with a friend. Here's how it goes, I load Titans and it crashes when I try to join a game. I open up Titans again, it crashes when loading the game. I open up Titans again, I play for 10-15 minutes, it crashes again. I open up Titans and play for 5 minutes, and what do you know it crashes again. On and on after this it will crash a few second after I reconnect with the game in progress.

Some help and advice would be helpful on how to fix this. I would provide you with some files, but I don't know which ones; so just ask me.

Thanks,
    Ricron
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

What OS are you using? If Linux or Mac, which version and what video card. If Windows, can you post a DxDiag.txt? You can make one of those by pressing <WinKey>+R, typing "dxdiag", and pressing "Save All Information...". You can upload the resulting file here using the "Upload a File" button on this forum.
  3. ricron

ricron New Member

I'm using Windows 10 64 bit and thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

4. DeathByDenim

I'm using Windows 10 64 bit and thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]
    Could you try increasing your virtual memory to at least 14 GB? It's a bit on the low side currently and that may cause those crashes. Instructions are here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-virtual-memory-size#1TC=windows-7
    (Sadly only for Windows 7, but it should be similar for 10)

If that doesn't work, can you also post a PA log? You can find those here: "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log". Just copy-paste that whole thing in the address bar of Explorer. You'll find a whole bunch of log files there. The easiest way to find the correct one is to just delete all of them, then start PA and make it crash. Then there will be only one new log file with the crash in it.
  5. ricron

ricron New Member

Thanks for helping me, it works now.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  6. Hjhenley

Hjhenley New Member

Hello, I'm a bit late to the party but I am having the same trouble. I have read your advice but am confused on what to do. What should i put for the initial and maximum? (please reply soon :p)
  7. DeathByDenim

You mean infrequent crashes? There can be many causes for that, it might not be the virtual memory thing, that's actually kind of rare. Can you upload a DxDiag.txt as well?
    Hjhenley likes this.
  8. Hjhenley

Hjhenley New Member

The crashes are very frequent. It happens 95% of the time when i attempt to go into a game. Also thank you for replying! Like this has been happening for ages and I'm determined to fix it.

Attached Files:

9. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Start by updating your really old drivers from 2014.
    Hjhenley likes this.
  10. Hjhenley

Hjhenley New Member

Wait what XD I'm not good with his sort of stuff XD
  11. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

12. Hjhenley

Hjhenley New Member

Thanks, do i just have to install it?
  13. Hjhenley

Hjhenley New Member

Also sorry but which one XD