Graphism bug (My graphic card is a: Sapphire RX 480)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by teck916, September 5, 2016.

1. teck916

teck916 New Member

My problem is simple:
    1.I can't see any Green circle on the planets.
    2.Shadows appear and disappear randomly.
    3.Weird Graphics appear and disappear randomly in the space (0.3 sec appear and disappear)

I didn't take screen shots of the #3 because I deleted the save to change my game in another harddrive (but the hard drive isn't the problem), and #2 couldn't get the screen shot of it, it goes too fast.

(This problem wasn't there before when I had a old PC, now with this new build it does it..)
  2. teck916

teck916 New Member

Oh and I forgot, when I saw my Commander building something, I couldn't see the green lazer that he's supposed to do when he's building something.
  3. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

4. teck916

teck916 New Member

Yes thanks, but I dont understand how to extract the files. Its asking me to download the 16.7.2 version and I dont want to download it.
  5. dom314

The version 16.7.3 drivers contain the bug, which is why you need to roll back to the previous one. Alternatively, you can tell AMD about this issue you are having (with the thread linked in that article) and wait for them to make a new update.
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The fix is you just put a few files into the game. You don't have to roll back to 16.7.2...

You need a free program called '7 zip' to extract the drivers to a folder. You can get the 16.7.2 direct from AMD. Don't install them, just use 7 zip to extract it all. Once done use windows search box with the extracted folder to find the files listed and place them in the game folder. It sounds complicated but it's really quite strait forward...

@dom314 out of interest is there a way to use a mod to deliver these files? That would be a neater solution....
  7. dom314

nope, they are outside of the mod-able root. plus i don't want to set a precedent for executable payloads in mods.
    cdrkf likes this.
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Fair enough. I just think the chances of AMD fixing this are pretty slim. In fairness to them PA is a very small game so will be very low priority. At least we have a work around.
  9. flubbateios

flubbateios Active Member

16.9.1 fixed these issues for the r7 370 im currently using