The Latest From Star Citizen (2.6, Star Marine, and More!)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Geers, August 16, 2014.

1. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Starfarer is flyable

MISC Reliant is hangar-ready

New plasma shotgun for ships

But the big deal:

PERSISTENCE!

Yes I pulled that number straight out of my arse.

Any emphasis added is from me:

Time to go shopping! SPACE SHOPPING! IN SPACE!

There's also been some UI implemented for ship and hangar customisation.

Also there's been some rejiggling with the controls so you might want to check that out.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//15355-Star-Citizen-Alpha-24-Available
    killerkiwijuice and cdrkf like this.
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Progress!
    cdrkf likes this.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Yeah it's starting to really come together... reminds me if early days of PA :)
    MrTBSC likes this.
  4. Geers

NNEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOWWWWWW

[​IMG]

Oh and also the pirate hauler is coming along nicely...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15382-Hatching-The-Drake-Dragonfly
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. cdrkf

Cmon then? Who's going to post the obligatory 'OMG ANOTHER concept sale!' comment? :p

They've mentioned we should get this ship pretty quickly tho- I have a feeling there is a reason they've made this a hover bike suitable for exploring planets... fingers crossed and all that!
    tunsel11 and mered4 like this.
  6. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

My bad i have been busy smashing Bloodbourne GOTY edition on the PS4...

What another concept sale!!

You do realize that a "Concept" is an "Idea" not an actual product, your not actually buying something, your just buying an idea.
    If the idea becomes a reality and your given that idea for free then you win otherwise the idea is just an idea.
    In reality if CIG wanted they can just give you the pictures and stat's and the details and laugh at you, it's all they technically need to give you when your paying for a concept and not an actual product or pre-made in game item..

I have idea's all the time maybe i should start selling them.
  7. cdrkf

Yeah I get your point- although that is the case of pledging for any crowd funding campaign. It's no different than pledging for PA back in 2012, it was a gamble, but one I'm personally very happy I made. I've had more than my moneys worth out of PA.

Where concept ships are concerned:
    - They have delivered quite a few of the concept ships already.
    - Owners of concept ships not in game yet are given the nearest equivalent in game ship as a loaner so they have something to play with.
    - Whilst there are potential questions over the scope of the project, it's obvious CIG are working hard on it, rather than just stealing all the money (300+ devs costs quite a bit I hear).

At the end of the day though, all anyone needs to play Star Citizen in the alpha is a starter pack- so that is all I'd recommend anyone buying if they are interested in the game. All ships will be available for in game currency later on after all.
    tatsujb likes this.
  8. Geers

cdrkf likes this.
  9. cdrkf

You know what, I've seen some of your inventions... get a kickstarter going I'd chip in :p

It's a fairly low risk way of having a go at something ambitious....
  10. maxpowerz

Maybe after i finish smashing Bloodbourne i'll consider kickstarting my R/C FPV Laser Tag kit or i'll kickstart the game i'm developing.

Here's some footage of me absolutely SMASHING bloodbourne...
    I might even go for a platinum trophy and earn my Pro-Gamer Panties for beating one of the worlds hardest games.

Have a look at my health bar, LOL, I haven't spent a single point on Vitality and im level 130 in those video's and have the same health as a level 10 character. (I have the same amount of health that you start the game with, no upgrades to my health)
    It takes some real skill to win when you die from 1 hit 99% of the time :)
    Last edited: June 22, 2016
    cdrkf likes this.
  11. maxpowerz

Damn that took far less time than i expected :( Well at least i have myself a nice platinum trophy.
    Now i have to fill my time with actually working on my game and waiting impatiently for No Mans Sky...
    Pro-Gamer Platinum Panties.jpg
  12. Geers

M8

[​IMG]
  13. maxpowerz

Well someone needs to talk about something in this thread,
    At the speed they make content for SC this thread will be dead n stale before anythings out... <--- Sarcasm BTW..

Damn even the speed at which they release Concepts for in game features has seemed to have slowed a little again (hopefully for a good reason like they are making a ton of good content)

Out of all this i am interested to see how SC compares to all the space sim related games of the current generation of Space games (Elite, NMS, Space engine, many others i CBF mentioning by name).

Also did you guys see Goat Sims new addon??
    Waste of Space ... it's funny

cdrkf likes this.
  14. cdrkf

Well cig have announced a short term roadmap so we know what the plan is for the next few patches:
    2.5 will add another flyable ship, a new asteroid space station for outlaws and should expand on the persistence stuff from 2.4

2.6, nothing firm, likely more of a bugfix / polish is guess. Hinted we might see star marine (confirmed it is still a thing by the man himself) but I'll personally not expect anything on that until it happens.

2.7 is the big one. Totally new netcode that should fix much of the performance limitation were getting by properly culling unnecessary net traffic (the current system send all data to all players, so a fps battle on the other side of the star system can currently slow down players a huge distance away- which is a cry engine thing, guess it wasn't an issue when the map was one island...) and procedural planets with integrated landing areas. That's the one I'm looking forward to, although I doubt we'll see this patch until autumn at the earliest.
  15. Geers

26:08

"You can fit an Idris inside a Bengal"

HOLY

F.UCK

[​IMG]

Oh and these new UI concepts are sexy af:

Last edited: July 8, 2016
    tatsujb and cdrkf like this.
  16. cdrkf

You should change the time code on the vid- the Bengal images are all just before the bit you skip to (around 26 mins)... And it's looking beautiful :) I mean to get an idea of scale on the Bengal, just look at the scene where the Retailator Bomber (a current 'big' ship that crews 6 people and has 2 decks) comes up on an elevator. I mean the other comment they made on size 'this is 4 battlefield 3 maps that flies around in space' really starts to put this thing into perspective. What also amazes me is *this is by no means the biggest ship they're building* (as the Vanduul Kingship and the Retribution class battleships are both significantly larger than the Bengal).

As I've said from the start- it's Squadron 42 that I'm most looking forward to.... This is Wing Commander fully realized.
  17. Geers

cdrkf likes this.
  18. cdrkf

There's a good thread on reddit that uses this to estimate the company wide running costs. It looks like cig spend slightly more a year than they take (now), however given how small they started they should have quite a reserve so looks like they have plenty of funds. I also think squadron is going to make them some good money when it launches, judging by the snippets we've been seeing.
  19. Geers

tunsel11, cdrkf and dom314 like this.
  20. cdrkf

Geers likes this.