Favourite Colour v1.7.1 [113953]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by DeathByDenim, September 3, 2014.

1. jackburton176

jackburton176 Member

Can someone fix this for 94684?
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I'm on it. There is already a workable version on Github, but it still has a bug where it shows the wrong colour for the currently selected colour.
    upload_2016-6-4_17-6-52.png
    stuart98 likes this.
  3. DeathByDenim

4. jackburton176

jackburton176 Member

While i was in ladder que I keep getting error. let me work on the ini, and logs if i can find em
  5. jackburton176

jackburton176 Member

I'ts not the mod its something with the servers. I started a game just fine single player.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  6. redspot

redspot New Member

So simple, yet so important. I've deleted many AI's cause they took my primary color at gamestart!

Just a note though, it has a delay before it applies. I create a new game, enter lobby with random colors, map loads a bit and then all of a sudden colors are changed a few seconds into loading the map. I have a fairly modern home-build system and understand some may come to the believe it does not work if they expect it to be applied on entering a lobby. Maybe worth a comment on the first post.
  7. DeathByDenim

Ah right, yeah, that's because this mod sends the colour it wants to the server and then the client has to wait until the server sends back the updated colours to all of the players. Of course, the whole UI freezes when you enter a lobby, probably because it's loading the map, so that causes it to not be instantaneous. How long does it take for you?
  8. redspot

redspot New Member

Only a second or so, but just long enough to initially form the conclusion it does not work.
  9. DeathByDenim

Yeah ok. I've added the note.
  10. ljfed

ljfed Active Member

This mod seems to work fine in custom games still but has stopped working for me on the ladder recently. Any chance of getting it fixed? Having similar colours as my opponent / some of the new colours where you can't make out fabbers properly is starting to annoy me :eek:
  11. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

I believe this was done on purpose (along with other adjustments to the ranked play system) to help mask the identity of your opponent until the game begins. This was to cut down some players dodging others by disconnecting and hopping back into the queue. Then the other player just had to sit there for 3 minutes until the game timed out.
  12. DeathByDenim

Updated to fix automatic colour selection in ranked games.

It wasn't disabled on purpose, I just hadn't been playing for a while. Better late than never, eh?
    ljfed, Quitch and lulamae like this.
  13. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

Thanks!
  14. ljfed

ljfed Active Member

Now I can finally get back into playing ranked again :D
    bthirteen and DeathByDenim like this.