[QUESTION] Unit/Building Wrecks in System Designer

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by flareboy127, June 24, 2016.

1. flareboy127

flareboy127 New Member

I was wondering if it is possible to create a mod that enables the placement of unit or building wrecks that are reclaimable in game from the system designer.

Placing wrecks like the unit cannon wreck, but the wrecks would be reclaimable.
    Making it so wrecks don't decay (I think I could figure out that one, but it probably would have to be server side, no client).

Would this be even possible?
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Things that are reclaimable are features, and features can't be placed with the system designer.

Option 1: custom biome/planet type (pain to host) which has indirect control of feature placement by noise functions defined in planet specs. (see Junkyard Biome)

Option 2: There is an unexplored feature used in one tutorial systems that spawns units at start. Create custom units that decay into wreckage. There is no system designer support.
  3. flareboy127

flareboy127 New Member

I can create the custom units that would decay into wreckage, but I can't seem to find any files on the tutorial missions. Could you point me in the direction of those so I could look through them?
  4. wondible

wondible Post Master General

'units' is only used in a single code-wrapped system json.

media/ui/main/game/galactic_war/shared/js/gw_tutorial_p1.js