E3 2016 Thread

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Geers, June 15, 2016.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Eh I can totally understand how you feel. But I believe it was just PR safety net. Without making it abundantly clear people will complain of false advertising essentially.

I'm sure you knew what I meant, that I can't go run a Debian desktop and play Halo or GoW. I meant running a distro of Linux on it's own. Because even with Ubuntu being built into Windows surely it still can't directly run .exes, right? Windows 10 is, not Ubuntu. Unless it's all just going over my head.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

that you would want linux to run .exe rather than windows running .sh means you're missing the point entirely.

with linux functionality built into windows devs no longer need to code for windows only, from now on they can code for linux base only (that's only an automated export to ad to the process for mac compatibility to be in as well) and boom you've got a game on all platforms.

you currently have vulkan installed on your windows (if you have the latest nvidia driver (and I think that applies to ATI as well)) I think that's testament enough to dev's worldwide's future intentions.

The windows codebase as well as directX is giving way to reason and making way for the new.

there's no good reason to code for windows only apart for obstiantion and a love for instability and underperformance.

if devs worldwide are sound people (and they are) they'll know what to do.

ergo you games will come out on a linux codebase under the hood, it won't be shouted over rooftops but it'l be obvious from the way it installs and the fact that they're consistently available on linux and mac as well (save exclusivity deals)
  3. xankar

xankar Post Master General

If management world wide consists of sound people (it doesn't) they'll know what to do.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  4. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Okay so I just noticed something that worries me.
    There was a noticeable lack of Ace Combat 7 this year.
  5. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Aaaaand Ubisoft wins the E3 Ugliest Damn VR Games Ever 2016 award!

Oh and the arrogance in saying they made the "first ever open-world military shooter" before showing a MGSV clone...
    Last edited: June 20, 2016
  6. tehtrekd

Ubisoft did surprisingly bad this year.

Like, usually they make up their lack of interesting games with interesting trailers and a fun presentation, but this year brought on boring trailers and the most cringey E3 presentation since...
    Well, last year's presentation.

Never forget.
    tatsujb likes this.
  7. Geers

I like their presenter.

And I might pick up Wildlands on a sale since I liked MGSV.
  8. Geers

Sony winning E3:

I also like how they SHOW GAMES. they had like ten minutes total of talking. It was just game game game game game game game. TAKE A HINT EA. NOBODY WHO LIKES FIFA AND MADDEN WATCHES THESE THINGS OK. WE DON'T NEED 30 MINUTES ON THAT SHITOMGWHATTHEHELLLARRRGHGULGARGLEBLWERR....
    tatsujb likes this.
  9. tehtrekd

Honestly I couldn't stand the new God of War.
    "Hey, let's take this thing that most people love for its over-the-top combat and turn it into a Naughty Dog game!"
    Honestly, although they did show a lot of games, the only things I was at all interested in was Last Guardian (which I'm still doubtful will actually release) and Horizon.

I was also weirded out by the complete lack of No Man's Sky. I know it's releasing soon but they could've shown something.
  10. Geers

"SEQUELS SHOULD INNOVATE!"

*sequel innovates*

"BOO! WE WANTED MORE OF EXACTLY THE SAME! YES WE WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT NOW HOW DO I PREORDER THE $300 RAPE MY WALLET EDITION!?"

I think God of War looks fine. Different, sure, but nothing really indicates it'll be bad.

I keep rewatching the live rendition of the theme from the opening, because Eivør is really cute because it's actually really damn good. There aren't really THAT many nordic-inspired fantasy games. Kratos vs Thor should be fun.

Seriously though, that vocalist is pretty damn good:

11. tehtrekd

Hahaha, those sure are words that I didn't say... Wanna try again?

Seriously though, even if I did say that, this isn't innovation, it's taking a series that was unique and pointlessly transforming it into Gears of Tomb Raider: The Last Uncharted Creed.

Devil May Cry was a series that innovated, this is lazy bullshit.
  12. Geers

A) I was speaking in general terms.

B) Innovation isn't inherently good.
  13. tehtrekd

That doesn't change the fact that this new God of War game took something original and homogenized it into the same crap the AAA industry has been making for years now.
    This should've been a new IP, why drag down an existing series for no reason?
  14. Geers

Play the game first and then I'll let you tear it to pieces.
  15. xankar

xankar Post Master General

They finally did it.

I'm so proud.
  16. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

fastest fast fun fun 3!!!!!! The game of my dreams!!! come to papa!!
  17. whobhatin

whobhatin New Member

Im so ready for the e3 games to release! For Honor, Days Gone, and Battlefield One! ill be uploading when they come out for sure, on my youtube channel :) hehe