E3 2016 Thread

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Geers, June 15, 2016.

1. Geers

Geers Post Master General

2. Geers

Raw Battlefield 1 gameplay:

Looks meh.
    killerkiwijuice and tunsel11 like this.
  3. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Yeah but Civilis/zation, man.
  4. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Just waiting for From Software's presentation.
  5. Geers

More like Snorevilasation.

ZING.
  6. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

WHAT?
  7. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Man Dishonored 2 looks SO GOOD.
    Geers and tunsel11 like this.
  8. Geers

I mean... It looks like another Battlefield game. They've twisted realism a little to increase weapon diversity, but now nothing really differentiates it from the other games. You got your rifles, your shotguns, and machine guns. Nothing new there. Map is a big field with some buildings here, vehicles there, not much new there either.

Destruction? In that gameplay video up there there's plenty of examples of tanks firing at or into buildings with basically no effect at all on its structure.

I'll probably buy it on a sale but... It doesn't look that great. Looks decent, nothing special.

And they also left France out. Which is like making a Vietnam game and leaving the US out.
    tunsel11 likes this.
  9. killerkiwijuice

This is pre-alpha though
  10. Geers

Don't be silly. It comes out in a matter of months. It's not pre-alpha.
    tunsel11, xankar and squishypon3 like this.
  11. xankar

No, this is not pre-alpha/pre-beta/beta/pre-development phase gameplay. This is effectively what the final build is going to look like. Even more so since they already showed their gameplay video of it which is 100% definitely "not representative of the final build."

Don't be a sheep, pre-alpha and other similar terms are used as a marketing system to hype people and a game up (I shouldn't have to explain why this is the case to you). In fact, when has any major game release ever done otherwise and actually changed in a significant way from its "pre-alpha" gameplay video (no, bug fixes don't count, why would they when they're doing their best to present to you bug-free gameplay to begin with?). What you see up there in that gameplay video is exactly what you'll be playing, nothing more and nothing less (I'm referring to the core gameplay here. You know, the stuff Geers was talking about. Don't be a smartass). This isn't pre-alpha, stop falling for that bullshit.
    Last edited: June 15, 2016
    tunsel11 likes this.
  12. killerkiwijuice

[​IMG]

So rude
  13. xankar

Haha, I suppose so. Sorry about that.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  14. Geers

[​IMG]
    tatsujb likes this.
  15. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Personally I'm looking forward to Battlefield 1.

Sure it's just a reskinned Battlefield game, but it can't be worse than Battlefront ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  16. Geers

Just finished watching Microsoft's conference. A few thoughts:

If I ever hear the words "Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusive" spoken aloud again, I'm going to stab someone with a snapped disc.

Whoever was in charge of the cameras and kept cutting AWAY from the screen to show the crowd during demos should either leave the industry or go make shitty action movie where that cut-cut-cut-cut crap belongs.

"Gaming without generations begins now"? *looks at PC* it begins now? *looks at PC*.

I like the part where they brag about Scorpio's GPU having "6 Teraflops" without mentioning VRAM or anything else relevant to GPU performance. But at least we know it delivers "the best pixels" amirite.
    tatsujb likes this.
  17. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Microsoft pretty much convinced me to get rid of my XB1.
    All future digital first party titles are planned to release on Windows 10 with cross-play on XB1, and the only reason I have the XB1 is for exclusives... so yeah.

Of course with the release of the Xbox 1 S in a few months, I'll probably only get $150 for my console after shipping fees and Amazon taking their cut. Really should have sold it before E3.
  18. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I'm not sure saying that is a big deal, it's just kind of the truth. These games are only usable on Windows 10 and Xbone. Not Win 7, 8, linux, or OSX. The reason being to push the idea of the "xbox ONE" mixing in with Win 10. Since Xbox one's OS is surely based around Win 10.

I'm just getting a separate hard drive to boot up with Win 10 with and play my games. I actually am VERY happy there's no more exclusivity to the xbox one. Halo 6 is almost certainly coming to PC and that makes me super hyped. Halo was the only reason I even bought the one. I see this whole thing as a total positive.

This is all that's released on the Scorpio atm.
    Project Scorpio will have an 8-core CPU from an unknown manufacturer [Most likely AMD] and a graphics card with 6TFLOPs (trillion floating point operations per second) of power. It’ll also have 320GB/s of memory bandwidth.

The [ ] is my own addition.
  19. Geers

No I just mean they said it over and over again that it just became annoying.

Like a broken flucking record.
  20. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

seeing as how windows made its liaison with linux official; what you said there is a technical misnomer.