WPMarshall's Map Pack [Update 13/05/20]

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by wpmarshall, April 7, 2016.

1. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Cauldron
    A larger 1v1 map, perhaps more suited to team games, Cauldron offers interconnecting routes to your enemy through open areas, corridors and rich resource locations. Do not neglect the danger of hover units, and focused play for certain locations will be advantageous!
    cauldron.jpg

Quandary (3-Army FFA)

I've heard here-say that a 3-player FFA map is in high demand currently, so here is one! Players spawn closer together on the southern hemisphere however must play for north for chokepoints and resource expansion. The further north you go, the more contact you will have with your enemy as you fight for the north pole resource deposit. Do not neglect the possibility of enemy expansion on the south pole however. While not high yielding in resources, it may provide a convenient method to harass core bases! (You can build factories onto the ledges from within your core base)
    Quandary.jpg

Diskus (2-Teams)
    Suited for 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, Diskus takes Supreme Commander 2's Geothermal Borehole and brings it onto a sphere. Players spawn at the poles and work their way down their corridors towards the ring. Most resources are spread evenly around the ring - building bases around the equator is strongly encouraged as again, that is where the majority of the economic expansion is located. Beware inevitable artillery emplacements!
    Diskus Teams.jpg

Diskus (4-Army FFA)
    This is perhaps more like Geothermal Borehole than the team version given the FFA nature and spawn locations. Instead of polar spawns 4 teams spawn around the ring, separated from one another to mitigate "Haha you're base is dead because I built a Holkins first". Players can fight both north and south so that you must contest both in order to be confident in preventing your opponents from getting out of control.
    Diskus ffa.jpg
    proeleert, Alpha2546, easybox and 5 others like this.
  2. Qzipco

Qzipco Active Member

Diskus looks sick Marshall. Nice job
    wpmarshall likes this.
  3. wpmarshall

Next update (not yet live) will include the following:

Kinomo (1v1, 2v2, 3v3)
    No, not a Kimono garment, this planet is quite large with many snaking paths to your enemy providing many chokepoints and a variety of gameplay opportunities for both LEGION and MLA factions. Team games will focus around expansion, raiding and locking down chokepoints with the odd backdoor sneak attack to boot! (Some changes still being contemplated particularly regarding the water-filled crack and metal barriers within the lake).

Kinomo.jpg

Finn's Revenge (1v1)
    Does this really need any introduction? A small-ish map (despite it being a 700~ radius planet), Finn's Revenge is a Supreme Commander classic sporting naval harassment opportunities, chokepoints and island expansions. It may not necessarily play out as you would expect were this to be a SupCom game, however a 1v1 between testers Mot9001 and [RLM]Nik was, according to AndreasG "The best game I've seen in a long time". [Cast on YouTube]
    finnsrevenge.jpg
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
    Nicb1, mwreynolds, stuart98 and 2 others like this.
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

gr8

Now Seton's Clutch or riot.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

iirc there is a clutch already
  6. wpmarshall

Updated*
  7. wpmarshall

Update (02/07/2016)
    • Added Doomball (5P FFA)
    • Added Station Sigma (5v5 Shared)
    • Added Station Sigma (5P FFA)
    • Added Monsoon (1v1 - 2v2)
    • Edited Lugaan
    • Edited Finn's Revenge
    • Edited Kinomo
    Monsoon
    1v1 or 2v2 map, Monsoon challenges players to constantly replenish and raid expansions as well as judge appropriate strategies. Will you use naval for example? Fortunately there are a few defensive chokepoints near to your base.
    monsoon.jpg

Doomball
    5 Team FFA designed to relieve the inner turtle in all of us!
    doomball.jpg

Station Sigma (Shared Teams)
    Station Sigma challenges teams to effectively contest each crossing point with the required forces. Coordination will be key as losing a bridge will greatly damage your position.
    sigmateams.jpg
    Station Sigma (FFA)
    Just like the original Station Sigma but with spawns moved to the equatorial corridors.
    sigmaffa.jpg
    Alpha2546, lulamae and stuart98 like this.
  8. wpmarshall

Update (17/07/16)

Asteroids!!!
    • Added Realm Battlegrounds (8P-FFA)
    • Added Solitude (1v1)
    • Added Pressure Cooker (1v1 - 2v2)
    • Added Outlier (2v2< )
    • Change map order in the tabs to be more representative of player number and map style.
    Realm Battlegrounds
    The location of the Realm Civil War, players must know when is the right time to contest valuable resources. 3 Asteroids spawn later in the game however they hold no metal. Use them as a means to obliterate opponents in style!
    Realmbattlegrounds.jpg

Solitude
    A smaller map, this one attempts the idea of one side being easier to defend than the other while aso having other ways to get into the base.
    solitude.jpg

Pressure Cooker
    Another small 1v1 or 2v2 map, pressure cooker has somewhat scarce metal while the map is divided into interconnecting sections by numerous fissures.
    pressurecooker.jpg

Outlier
    Best for 2v2s and team games, Outlier is different to many of my other maps in that there is much more metal. All the same, that means you must be more active in contesting your opponent's stronghold.
    outlier.jpg
    baylissau, stuart98 and Alpha2546 like this.
  9. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Oooooh I like the look of the pressure cooker. Realm battlegrounds is a solid map. Cool asteroid maps!
    wpmarshall likes this.
  10. wpmarshall

Updated (24/09/16)

- Added The Able Conglomerate
    - Added Sorian's Supper
    - Fixed Pressure Cooker's missing metal spot

*Video shows maps
  11. wpmarshall

Updated 05/10/16

- Metal Spot Changes

Smelter - 5 Starting Mex reduced to 4
    Cauldron - Added metal all over the place in clusters to serve as expansion sites
    Cratered - Added more mex outside of central areas of contest to serve as expansion sites
    Quandary - Increased metal between bases as well as adding 1 to the natural expansion.
  12. wpmarshall

Recent Update

Redesigned Gladiator's Forum - IT WORKS NOW!

Added First set of HEMISPHERIC MAPS (Inspired by TA, SupCom, SC2 maps)
    stuart98, mwreynolds and cdrkf like this.
  13. wpmarshall

Anyone mind keeping my map pack up to date on the new PAMM? I don't really have a lot of time to dedicate to PA atm and I fear my map pack is not on the new PAMM yet.
    Much appreciated.
  14. acesoyster

acesoyster Active Member

Your map pack is on the new PAMM server. I will check if it’s associated to an account in a little bit.
  15. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

It is on the PAMM server mod list and shows as available in PAMM as ver. 1.2.0.1
  16. wpmarshall

Oh neat, then it's up to date :) Awesome, thanks :)
  17. wpmarshall

Seton's Grip and Singe are now available in my map pack.
    Seton's has spawns for 2 shared armies, 2v2 unshared and 4v4 unshared. [Note those are not tested so let me know if they aren't laid out properly.]

There have been other changes to the pack as well e.g. Cosmic Chaos 15P FFA/teams etc.
    cdrkf, DeathByDenim and grandhomie like this.
  18. wpmarshall

Seton's Grip (Clutch)
    PLEASE NOTE - the version in the commandonut map pack ONLY has spawns for 2 team shared armies games! The version in my map pack (without '1v1' in the name) has spawns for UNSHARED 2v2 and 4v4 also!
    setons.jpg

Singe
    Spawns set for 2 team shared armies games
    singe.jpg
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  19. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Looks interessting. Problem is: I prefer GrandHomies maps because they have player number in title and are grouped in tabs. Otherwise its very difficult to host a game and dynamicly choose the right map.
  20. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

I have to complain :)

The Diskus-Team map does not work for 5v5. Spawns are probably broken, as all spawn equatorial.
    Its a pitty, really. :)