[REL] Legion Expansion [Released!]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Nicb1, May 3, 2016.

1. Grimseff

Grimseff Member

Um, hello. I'm probably putting this in the wrong place, but mikeyh has directed me to post in the forums regarding my issue, which is curious alright. To have some backstory, I simply downloaded PA Titans, activated PTE, then downloaded (with some glee) the Legions mod; it took a bit and I wasn't sure how the download was handling. I erroneously thought the download was finished when I saw the indication it was installed, but it was apparently still downloading. Not sure (the UI was not red, and I wasn't aware at the time the UI would be changed so drastically). I tried to play Skirmishes vs. AI in that state as a Legion commander (versus MLA) and what I had was just a dummy commander without animation (still could move, just sliding across terrain) and without capability to fab. The game crashed after a few minutes, predictably enough. I tried to wait a bit and would put a game again to see if it worked that time, but it took until my 4th play and waiting extra-long until PA finally snapped into that distinctive Legion on the main menu.

I put AI Skirmish, picked Rocktooth from Legion and went on my way; when the game loaded and my commander landed, I was greeted by the sight of a functional commander, but without color, or I guess that would be textures? The fab effect was of the appropriate color (I chose red with blue) but all buildings and units were discolored, except the nanoswarm of the Hive, and their projectile effects and stuff, also, I was fighting MLA and their textures were fine and working properly. I'll upload my dxdiag, and of course, screenshots (I still have more where they came from) to depict my predicament. Apologies in advance if I could had figured to put this in a more appropriate place. I'm not very good with forums.

P.S. The screenshots are from the SECOND time I played AI Skirmish, since I had forgotten to screenshot for the first Skirmish. Thanks to mikeyh who reminded me to screenshot if I successfully reproduced scenario. Also, this is important, I had discovered my GPU had a new update for it since yesterday. Already installed and going to test after finishing this message.

NEW EDIT: It works fine, played a whole match against MLA as Legion and colors were working perfectly! Again, sorry for the troubles. I don't expect the issues to appear again.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  2. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Ok from the looks of it the client side for legion failed to download correctly. This can happen on slower connections as after a certain amount of timeouts cmm will just straight not download the file (does not help that client is 70mb). We will be looking into a way to fix this, as I suffer from this on occasions as well.

All I can suggest is to delete client and download it till it does properly. Or just restart your game a few times and it will automatically attempt to fetch the files for client side again. Other than that yeah we have to look into making client a bit smaller in size as on slow internet connections it tends to do this.

EDIT:
    If this issue persists. Straight after finding it out close pa and send a log over so I can confirm that this is the case or if its another issue.

In win 10 atleast your logs can be found in. C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log

EDIT2:
    Ah just realised that you got it working. No problem glad you managed to get it going.
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
    Grimseff likes this.
  3. austin391

austin391 New Member

Do you have to have Planetary Annihilation: Titans to play legion because my game keeps crashing and I don't have the titans expansion. Cant seem to figure out why my game keeps crashing about 10-15 min into AI skirmish game play. I have tried reinstalling the mods and PA but nothing has fixed my issue. I cant seem to narrow down exactly what is making the game crash either, it seems to crash at different times no matter what options or units/structures I build.
  4. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Yeah the mod requires you to have the Titans expansion as we have built the mod around the feature set that comes with Titans.
  5. austin391

austin391 New Member

Now I am a little frustrated, I bought Titans expansion just to play Legion and server.exe is still crashing. I was in game for 30 minutes this time before it crashed but it is still crashing in a Hard AI game. Anyone know why?

Error I am getting below...

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BEX64
    Application Name: server.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 57278ccc
    Fault Module Name: MSVCR110.dll
    Fault Module Version: 11.0.51106.1
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5098826e
    Exception Offset: 000000000006d4f9
    Exception Code: c0000417
    Exception Data: 0000000000000000
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 1e25
    Additional Information 2: 1e25b4b549b39f75dd389eff328fa301
    Additional Information 3: c12b
    Additional Information 4: c12bdf649c5f5feace288cdcef2d5e15
  6. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

What other mods do you have installed?
  7. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Please see OP for what we need in regards to reporting issues. Mainly logs.
    Nicb1, huangth and killerkiwijuice like this.
  8. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Looking up that error code, it seems like it happens to a bunch of other games to, normally in situations where some other third-party software that interferes with applications causing the crashes. The suggested approach seems to be trying a clean boot, and then from there try disabling suspicious software.
  9. Quitch

v0.11.0 - 2016/05/16

General
    • Patriots automatically place themselves at the back of formations
    • MLA Commanders now outlined in blue in the lobby to match Legion
    • Earthshaker causes smaller forest fires
    • Corsair prioritises structures (excluding walls) over mobile units
    • Rampart uses team colour for its switching off effect
    Balance
    • Gustav nerfed:
      • range decreased from 550 to 500
    • Earthshaker nerfed:
      • damage reduced from 2000 to 1500
    • Comet nerfed:
      • build cost increased from 2400 metal to 2500
      • health decreased from 4000 to 2500
      • bomber tag added to ensure ground AA shoots it before fighters
    • Nova overhaul:
      • build cost increased from 90 metal to 120
      • health decreased from 180 to 120
      • causes constant damage to all enemy air units within close proximity for 20 seconds
    • Miniman buffed:
      • bomb health increased from 125 to 130
      • bomb explosion timer decreased from 3 seconds to 2.5
      • bomb splash damage decreased from 500 to 250
    Fixes
    • Moved Rampart to correct location on build bar
    • Fixed colour of spectators in lobby when Legion theme is active
    • Fixed colour of Legion tag in games browser
    • Stoke now uses correct weapon identifier on its factory build image
    • Corsair now uses correct weapon identifier on its factory build image
    • Investigator in radar mode no longer creates errors in the logs
    • Fixed Decimator rocket trail
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
    sycspysycspy, Nicb1, dom314 and 2 others like this.
  10. huangth

huangth Active Member

Problem report:
    Image 004.jpg If you turn off the Legion UI of theme menu,

Image 005.jpg you will be unable to distinguish the Legion commanders with MLA commanders.

I just felt it is not so comfortable to see the red menu too long, thus I changed it back to the green menu.
    Then I found this problem that I can not remember which commanders are Legion.
    elodea, cdrkf, stuart98 and 2 others like this.
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

So are you reporting a bug relating to legion, or just a bug with your own memory?
  12. cptconundrum

It is a bug. The Legion commanders should still have a red highlight even with the red theme disabled.
    FSN1977, huangth and Quitch like this.
  13. huangth

huangth Active Member

Thanks.
    This is my point.

I have a question.
    Why not just let Legion/MLA selection be independent from the commander selection?
    For example, player can use the Osiris but set it to he Legion army.

Or the commanders of Legion are different to the commanders of MLA?
    Such as lower movement speed, higher HP, or higher DPS?
  14. Quitch

Because the ability to build units is based on assigned unit tags. The Legion Commanders have UNITTPE_Custom1 and they can build things with Custom1, while the MLA Commanders do not have this tag and are not able to build Custom1 units.

If you wanted to have it go both ways every Commander would need to be listed twice in the selection box. I'm sure a UI overhaul could sort this where you first selection faction then it filters for the relevant version of the Commander, but not only is that a lot of additional work, it doesn't really fit into the faction's lore of Commanders per faction.
    cptconundrum, huangth and mwreynolds like this.
  15. cptconundrum

It would also violate Uber's modding rules, because doing that would allow legion players to use commanders they don't own.
    Quitch likes this.
  16. huangth

huangth Active Member

I just play few games of Legion today.
    Can someone check this?
    The scout bot (Investigator) of the Legion can be found by radar even if it is hiding under the ground.
    I am not sure it is bug or intended.

I think this unit should be invisible for both vision and radar when it is under the ground.
    And it should only be detected by mine detecter units, such as skitter and stitch.
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
  17. Quitch

Radar is the only way to find it once it's deployed. This is by design.
    cptconundrum and Nicb1 like this.
  18. cdrkf

No the description and intent was only ground penetrating radar should see it (like mines). @huangth is saying surface radar can spot them as well...
    huangth and Nicb1 like this.
  19. Quitch

The description might be wrong (I'll raise a ticket if it is), but no, the intent is not that it's supposed to be spotted in the same way as mines.
    cdrkf and Nicb1 like this.
  20. cdrkf

Fair enough I stand corrected :p