[SERVER] Queller AI

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Quitch, November 5, 2014.

1. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Also btw, it's nice to come back and see this little mod is still alive! Thanks a lot for sharing it with us. <3
    Quitch likes this.
  2. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

@Quitch - Previously, the AI would retain the difficulty level both between AI skirmishes within a PA session as well as between PA sessions. Now, v 4.0.1 always reverts to "Idle" after each skirmish.

Is there a way to get the AI to retain the most recently used difficulty level?
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Are you using PA stable or PTE? Queller was updated to use a method better keyed to the PTE, so you might see issues in PA stable until PTE hits stable.

Also, make sure you've uninstalled the AI Mod Compatibility Patch Client.
  4. lulamae

Thanks. I'm using stable with just the Server AI, Client AI and the Server Patch. The Client patch has been removed.
  5. lulamae

btw putting the AI on Uber Tech with 1.3 eco is a tough nut for me to crack. :) thanks for developing this mod.
    Quitch likes this.
  6. Quitch

Did that fix it?
  7. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Strange, I set the AI to gold and it was also gold at my next game. Mind that's before the last update tho.
  8. lulamae

Sorry I wasn't clear, it was removed when I updated to v4.0.1. I reloaded the mod in PTE and it worked as expected. Thanks.
    Quitch likes this.
  9. Quitch

Version 4.0.2
    • Uber no longer uses the Nova
    • Uber will use more Meteors
    • Uber will only use Legion T2 bombers and gunships when it has air dominance
    • Increased chance of Uber Legion teching to T2 bots
    • Uber produces Panzers earlier in response to air and orbital threats
    • Uber stops producing Havocs once advanced units hit the field
    • No longer keeps the Thor at range
  10. Quitch

Version 4.0.3
    • MetMinBasicFabberCount now works for naval and is utilised by Uber to ensure personalities work the same on water as in other theatres
    • Updated for changes to which units the Starcannon can build
    • Platinum can now build Advanced Bot Factories with the Colonel
  11. Quitch

Version 4.0.4
    • Fix for issue where Queller would do nothing on certain maps
      • thanks to MrTBSC for reporting this
    • Gold and Platinum move into the water faster at the expense of sometimes starting naval when they should start land
  12. Quitch

Version 4.0.5
    • Fixed bug which could result in Legion not scouting at Gold and higher
  13. Quitch

stuart98 likes this.
  14. Quitch

15. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Liek if you cryd
  16. lulamae

I've (recently) played a couple of games on Clutch with the AI set to Uber Naval and with the AI given a 1.2 eco boost. Doesn't seem to be much difference between this setting and the AI set to Uber Aggressive.

In startpa://replay=1988702132271392661 you can see at the 28 minute mark, only 5 of the 27 factories are naval, and all 5 T2 factories are vehicles. Plus the AI has made an Ares and an Atlas.

What naval forces that were made remained clumped in the base, similar to the other Uber AI variants.

This isn't what I would have expected from a "Uber Naval" setting.

I haven't played this setting until recently, so I cannot compare to previous versions of this mod.
  17. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

If I'm remembering right, Clutch is one of the maps where the AI will behave incorrectly in one of the starting points. You should try switching the player slots and see if the ai does any better.
  18. lulamae

Yup, I remember him mentioning that about Pacific in particular and other maps in general where the AI doesn't spawn in the default position. But I did switch on Clutch to be sure and the AI did terrible wrt naval. First naval factory at 8 minutes and the second at 20.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  19. Quitch

I can't load that replay so I can only make a couple of general comments:
    1. Uber Naval doesn't focus on naval, it's simply given leave to get in the water faster. This allows the AI to work properly on maps like Pacific while meaning Uber doesn't open stupid anymore on maps like AmazonasSafari. If the AI doesn't start near the water though then it won't go into the water for some time, though on Clutch I wouldn't expect it to either because that's a suboptimal play.
    2. The AI has always been terrible at attacking shore targets with its naval forces and often likes to clump them. This appears to be an issue with how NavalAttack seeks its targets, which is outside what I can mod. I've left in LandAttack as a fallback to try and get it to hit the shore, but I might just strip that out as I'm not sure it helps.
  20. lulamae

Thanks for the info. With that in mind, I guess viewing the game isn't that important. Thanks for all your work on this mod.

As an aside, I don't understand why the link startpa://replay=1988702132271392661 doesn't open PA from this thread yet it works fine when you click on it at http://pastats.com/replay/1988702132271392661 - any thoughts?

Oh, and I did test that the replay would load before I posted, but now it won't load for me either. <sigh>
    Last edited: July 18, 2016