world simulator went away

Discussion in 'Support!' started by dantheman134, April 30, 2016.

1. dantheman134

dantheman134 New Member

world simulator went away is happening a lot, the game freezes, I can still move around the planets but the units are all frozen, then I get sent back tot he main menu. be it on a custom map or a regular one. it started in Titans so I tried playing in regular but it happened again and again. I tried uninstalling both and reinstalling them but it still happens. is anyone else getting this problem or know how to fix it?

Attached Files:

2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Sounds like the server is crashing. Does this happen while playing Galactic War or AI Skirmish? Or is it during multiplayer?
    If GW or AI Skirmish, does turning off the local server in the PA settings help?
  3. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

4. dantheman134

dantheman134 New Member

apparently to fix this I have to turn off my internet and just do local play, so far I haven't run into any problems that way
  5. mikeyh

6. dantheman134

dantheman134 New Member

dam it started again and I tried all the links you set there and nothing is working, I tried reinstalling it but the same thing happened, I think im done with this game its to anoying
  7. mikeyh

Still waiting for some logs.
  8. dantheman134

dantheman134 New Member

here is the most recent log

Attached Files:

9. mikeyh

10. mikeyh

If that fails try backing up then deleting your local storage:
    • PA\localstore
  11. dantheman134

dantheman134 New Member

all files were verified, sorry but how to do backup and delete the local storage I cant seem to find pa/localstore, sorry im a noob when it comes to things like backing up files
  12. mikeyh

Same directory as logs:
    • %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation
  13. dantheman134

dantheman134 New Member

so I finally got to the local store, couldn't see my appdata in my userfile for some reason so had to get to it through the run program %localappdata%. so I deleted the localstore, do I just play now and see what happens?
  14. mikeyh

Try again after deleting the local store and make sure the game files really are verified.

There are some log entries that look like corruption of the data files or local store:
    • [01:32:26.432] INFO [JS/game] bundle://boot/boot.js:36461: DataUtility: data is malformed. value is required.
    • [01:32:27.884] ERROR [JS/game] bundle://boot/boot.js:17249: Uncaught TypeError: Unable to process binding "style: function (){return { backgroundImage:$root.imageUrlForSystem($data)} }"
  15. dantheman134

dantheman134 New Member

there is actually a second folder there to a planetary annihilation.bak should I delete the localstore from there too?
  16. dantheman134

dantheman134 New Member

deleted the files then verified it and they were verified so I tried playing again and it froze this time and took a while for it to say world simulator went away here is the newest log

Attached Files:

17. mikeyh

It looks like something is messing with network connections as all the external network connections are failing in your logs.

Recheck the incompatible list and test again with any firewall or anti-malware software disabled.
  18. DeathByDenim

And also try the clean boot option at the end of the incompatible list.
  19. dantheman134

dantheman134 New Member

I turned off my firewall and the world simulation still went away, I tried the clean boot DeathByDenim but that didn't work either. here is the latest log

Attached Files:

20. DeathByDenim

Still lots of network-related errors in there. It's not exactly the same problem, but can you try this possible solution:
    https://wiki.palobby.com/wiki/On-line_play_works,_but_off-line_does_not