New Clan Wars

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by sardaukar666, October 5, 2015.

1. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

I am just happy this tournament is happening! Been to long since there was a major multiplayer (more than 2v2) event.

Too bad about the aussie time zone issue. I'm sure it's frustrating, but changing the time might not fit into the organizers life. I don't belive they are intentionally screwing you.

I haven't seen the maps so I have no opinion one way or the other. I hope we can avoid lag. Besides that I don't care if the tournaments on 1v1 maps or 16 planets.
    wpmarshall likes this.
  2. Qzipco

Qzipco Active Member

3. psdpro

psdpro Member

If everyone is that worried about lag, couldn't we find a way to set a unit cap per team?
  4. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

I wonder what caused that....
    o_O
    *cough* LOB SPAM *cough*
    :cool:
  5. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

host the games on a very power custom server, problem solved.
  6. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

Well actually, i'm blaming Mot for that. Elite put forward the idea and was already making plans for clan wars, Mot decided that Elite's plans were going to take too long and at first wanted them in January... then he wanted them before christmas. Even if Elite's plans took longer, at least it would have been well planned out and it would happen. I literally made WoQ for that purpose so don't even deny saying it.

I remember being in the meeting and people saying it was too rushed and he insisted it had to be then because that's when the most players are going to be around blah blah blah. So we got an amazing clan wars... oh wait, um... i think that was just a dream i had? My bad.
    Honestly, if he hadn't insisted on taking the reins and then proceeded to do nothing about it, we'd have a well planned out clan wars and Pro wouldn't have to deal with this sh*t.
    Put your money where your mouth is Mot. There wasn't even a... "sorry elite i ripped it out of your hands then wasted the opportunity" or a "sorry guys, i can't make this work, anyone else want to give it a try?" If you can't do something at least acknowledge the fact that you couldn't do it so we would know and someone else could try, dont leave people hanging!

On a side note, kiwi, anyone who can play pa has at least an above average computer. I remember when i first bought the game i couldn't play it because it crashed every time i opened it. XD
    Q streams, in much better quality than i do, so if it lags for him then the sim speed for us mere mortals will be... ;) Well...
    Also if you guys want to talk about playing the game as it was intended, i don't see why lobs should be blamed, if i built a bunch of dox factories it would be just as bad. And who doesn't got bots on anything bigger than a 50 radius map? :p
    slocke likes this.
  7. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

just for the luls:
    [​IMG]
    andreasgg likes this.
  8. wpmarshall

If i recall correctly, those meetings were about Season 2.
    This.
    Is.
    Showdown. (I.e. NOT season 2). In fairness it took ghost long enough to figure this distinction out but hey ho.

As for the meetings, they were haphazard, they were disorganized, they were the perfect example of everyone talk at once achieving next to nothing for over an hour.

As far as season 2 is concerned it would seem a very very long way off going by the state of this thread, regardless of previous discussions or turn out this weekend.
    Last edited: April 20, 2016
    tunsel11 and Corgiarmy like this.
  9. smithforce4305

smithforce4305 Active Member

10. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

On Friday 18:00 UTC, I will close sign-ups.
    Every team that doesn't consist out of at least 4 members will be dropped. (@clopse, @diskraip, @thatsonofabroom) If you have issues signing up let me know via pm.
    Every player that hasn't got a pastats id by then will also be dropped, again if you have issues with getting a pastats id let me know.

Still waiting on reply on the veto map from all clan leaders.

If you aren't in patournaments chat at 18:00 UTC on saturday you will be dropped, not a full 4 or 5 man team, you will be dropped.
    Please withdraw if you know you won't show up.

Custom servers will be used if there are 8 or less teams, if everything goes as planned.

Will do a showdown in near future on aussie friendly time 09:00UTC which is 19:00AEST.
  11. violetania

It doesn't matter if this is a showdown or not, in my quote i'm not commenting about anything on showdown (apart from Pro having to take this sh*t).

My point was that Elite planned clan wars to be in around March i believe? So there was ample time to plan the wars and we'd all have a decent well thought out one. I'm bringing up the fact that Mot decided that he could do a better job, in a shorter time apparently... thus taking clan wars from elite and then proceeded to do nothing with it and left us hanging. Which ended up with everyone having to wait ages with no idea what was going on or of how much of a complete failure Mot's ego is telling him he's not.
    I appreciate that Pro is making an effort but my quarrel is not with him, clanwars/showdown was suggested way in advance, it was going to be planned way in advance, then some loud mouthed, egotistical bigot decided he was more qualified. I mean he said at the time that the Christmas holiday was when most of the people were going to play and people would lose interest if we followed Elite's plan because it'd take to long.
    I'm not sure how much interest he is retaining by hiding his head in the sand and pretending he didn't take it away from someone that would have actually been capable to make it happen. It's mid-April now Mot, please tell me i'm a complete ditz and you actually held a clan wars in December or January that i happened to miss???
  12. xankar

xankar Post Master General

This sounds like a pretty arrogant, egotistical, and bigoted complaint to me. I'm probably not aware of the whole situation around Mot, but if PRoeleert could take on the whole thing by himself without any restraint, then why couldn't any of you? If Mot wasn't doing his job then why didn't/couldn't someone else decide to take on the management? Why did only one person have to be in charge? If it was decided that Mot was incompetent then majority rule would prevent him from continuing should someone else decide to take the reins. Did you all just decide that "since Mot is doing it then I only have to listen to what happens, but Mot is not doing anything, and nothing is happening, and I don't want to do anything, so it looks like it's all his fault." ??

Please correct me if I have assumed incorrectly.
    tunsel11 likes this.
  13. wpmarshall

Green text = mod capacity

Let's get off this line please, it has got ugly and I am sure that this can be resolved in a calm, mature manner without ad hominems please.
    tunsel11 likes this.
  14. violetania

Granted marshii, it's out of line to insult and i take it back.

As for arrogant, bigoted or egotistical, I'd like to argue I am none. In my arguments I have neither said that I was more capable, better than anyone or that anyone else's opinion are wrong. Perhaps the words brash and abrasive would be better?

Unlike what Mot did, in a civilized and polite society, if you want to do a task that someone says they are going to take on a task, you either wait for them to finish that task, offer to help or for them to signal that they can no longer carry out the task before you start the task. Before then, i think it is absolutely incomprehensible that someone could be so bold and you definitely do not assume charge of a project! How awfully rude Xankar.
    It is not only presumptuous, but also rude because it basically says that person A thinks that person B isn't capable of doing the job properly and thus is taking the task from person A's hands. By doing so, i think it's fair to say there are higher expectations of person B to actually complete the task since he was so bold to actually take it without person A saying that they were giving up. In this case, Person A had only just put forward the idea and started making plans when Person B decided prematurely that they were more qualified.

My point is that Mot decided to be person B, but he didn't make a plan or follow through, which would have been fine if he said, hey guys, couldn't do it, i'm releasing the rights for someone else to take over. For all we knew, he could have been making plans but it was taking longer than he had planned. At the time i really wanted to make clan wars happen and i would have loved to help, i'm sure there are others like me but we were merely extending the courtesy that Mot failed to show Elite.
    My annoyance isn't with the lack of Clan Wars from Mot, it is a hard job granted and it's not for everyone, but I am peeved with his arrogance that led him to believe he could to a better job mixed with lack of communication that he was no longer able to do it mixed with the fact that i think Elite would have been able to hold a very well organised clan wars to be enjoyed but didn't get to because Mot decided he'd take over.
    So yes I have to disagree with you due to the fundamental values and respect I have for societal rules.
    slocke likes this.
  15. Qzipco

Qzipco Active Member

It's just a prank bro
  16. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Created a new thread for the showdown so the info doesn't get lost in the debate. Carry on.
  17. wpmarshall

A thought for future time zone issues with clanwars showdowns - Close signups 48 hours in advance to finalise brackets. If not many teams are playing then casting would take place on 2 games in each round - aussie games can be given a delayed start therefore. Thereby not requiring their presence at the very start of the event.
    smithforce4305, Nicb1 and dom314 like this.
  18. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

24 hrs is fine but start time should be stricter. Like normal tournaments, if you're not there 30 minutes before you are out.

I was wondering how the maps ending up being the way they were last night without some sort of disagreement and now I see this was the case. Maps in my opinion were terrible. Team games on single planet systems are amazing in this patch to watch and play. No offense to the carter but they tend to miss some of the plays on single planet systems, never mind attend with 9 planets or whatever was used yesterday.

I know some people prefer multi planet and some don't and that's fine: but I'm happy not to waste my Saturday's playing on them. Boring slow and laggy in my opinion.

Also Mikeyh joins our game and then it crashes, and win awarded to other team seems skeptic to me. Feels intentional as we were behind timewise as was and the game would have easily dragged on for 30 more minutes.
    Last edited: April 24, 2016
  19. wpmarshall

Casting on multiple planets isn't necessarily about the smaller plays per se because the game is bigger than that when so many planets and players are involved - each play's individual worth is reduced. There is something to be said about not being used to casting multiple planets because they are so seldom seen in competitive play... which in my opinion is a dire shame given how much fun I had at PAX. I try my as best I can to make the game entertaining and understandable at the same time. Not everyone is going to understand the significance of every play.

As for laggy, I would disagree, as for slow indeed the games have a different pace when mutiple planets are used, and it's not going to be enjoyed by everyone therefore.

If a season 2 of clan wars materialises, we can go back to the Home and Away format where teams submit their own systems - that could get back to a nice balance and range of systems submitted.

What held this particular tournament back in my opinion was the unreliability and confusion in terms of show-up of players. Teams should have themselves organised AT LEAST 48 hours in advance.

If I would have my way, I would REFUSE to be organising brackets in the same hour as the tournament starts. TOO MANY CLOPSEYS HAVE LED TO THIS LAST MINUTE SILLINESS BECOMING THE NORM!

Overall though the tourney was pretty good imo and a consistent 100 viewers can't be too bad can it? :p All I know is I enjoyed it!
    icycalm likes this.
  20. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Yeah you see the lag more when playing as opposed to watching. I understand everyone has a different opinion on what they like. For me its not competitve play, but a slow game of base building. PA isnt made for competitive orbital play, the minute it bcomes orbital, the game slows down horribly.

I for sure won't be entering season two for the above mentioned and the mikey incident.

Edit: I wasnt having a go in the slightest at your casting. It's as good as always, just that I dont get as into the games when watching on multiplanet.