New Clan Wars

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by sardaukar666, October 5, 2015.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Oh look, it's the upstart clan trying to challenge the vets again.

Let's not forget the last time an "Uber" clan tried to take on the Realm they got smashed harder than Scott Sterling's glorious face at a volleyball match.

Bring it, WoQ.
    xankar, smithforce4305 and stuart98 like this.
  2. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

If you got a lot of players you should split in multiple teams.
    Will be more satisifying if your B or C-team beats WoQ
    mered4 likes this.
  3. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

proeleert, that's not clan wars, it's between clans, you can't just let clans have multiple teams in the running that's so stupid!!! also mered, we never said we wanted to challenge you guys, smithforce said that >.>

edit: actually i think i'd go almost as far to say that i'm out if clans can have multiple teams, clan wars is meant to be a battle between the best players of each clan, not, playing against a team of silver and golds then play against a team of gold plats and ubers then playing against their team of their top ubers >.> no offence
    lordathon, sardaukar666 and stuart98 like this.
  4. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Imo, Clans should be able to field multiple teams. Proportional representation in action!
    stuart98 and Furballman like this.
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

It begins...
    stuart98 and tunsel11 like this.
  6. proeleert

Eh I'm not worried, maybe RLM will be able to field 2 teams at best. And you'll have lot's of noshows anyway.
    I'm not micromanaging player changes between each round, so fixed teams.
    In the end you always end up playing the top clan team anyway.
    This showdown is to see if there's interest and if people can follow some simple rules, then I can think of doing a proper season. If something simple like this already generate's drama, then I'm seriously regretting it already.
    andreasgg, stuart98, Quitch and 2 others like this.
  7. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to generate drama, but it just feels like you're bombarding the name clan wars with oxygen and taking away it's luster.
    That and i feel like it's benefiting RLM more than anyone else because they are probably the only clan that is able to produce more than 1 team, also the more teams there are the longer aussies have to stay up and pretty much all of us will have to be pulling all nighters for this which is painful enough as it is.

Edit: But i'll shut up about it.
    stuart98 likes this.
  8. proeleert

There's a reason it's called "Showdown".
    Sorry about the time, but if we get to a real season I'll do it so it's suitable to the clans that are playing.
    It's impossible to cater to every clan's demands, and everyone's timezone, so you have to live with some compromises.
    It's about finding what works best for everyone with the least amount of drama. And not all options have been tried yet. We didn't have multiple teams in previous things, so now I'll try multiple teams. We can only try it out and then make a conclusion what is best. Or we can argue about it for another year and not do anything.
    stuart98, Bsport and Quitch like this.
  9. sardaukar666

sardaukar666 Well-Known Member

10. smithforce4305

smithforce4305 Active Member

11. Furballman

Furballman Member

Will there be a map order??
    stuart98 likes this.
  12. proeleert

Yes, I'll try to get maps out as soon as possible.
    mot9001, stuart98 and Furballman like this.
  13. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Maybe the clans can send in their home system?
  14. smithforce4305

smithforce4305 Active Member

If so, that's your job Alpha. You'd need to talk with Elite if we are keeping the same kind of feel with the old BRN home system.
    You must also get suggestions for planet names from the clan :D
    stuart98 and Nicb1 like this.
  15. andreasgg

andreasgg Well-Known Member

If people are against multiple clan entries that is fine with RLM... Ill just make sure our possible B team form their own little clan called The Other Realm :) I am 110% with PRoeleert on this one. This is a Showdown and as the word says it is about people having fun and creating a "Show". And don't you worry about playing bad players Violet. If you ask nicely I can see if we have a spot at the B team for you, can't promise anything though ;)
    ljfed, stuart98, Furballman and 4 others like this.
  16. Qzipco

Qzipco Active Member

17. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Good stuff guys, i heard about this way toolate, but im happy to see us realmies already doing great at taking our normal shape at the sign ups. I hope we could keep the dayly amount of signups as good as it is now slowly we all are becoming aware of the event and i hope people who got the opportunity to attent will all sign up.

So please get your cursor over to the exodus page and sign up!

http://exodusesports.com/tournament/clan-wars-showdown-2/
    Furballman likes this.
  18. proeleert

Guys, if you sign-up I expect you to play as well! Don't sign-up to show your clan has the most members please!
    Also for the big clans, I want to know what players will play together! So if you know it let me know, or sign up with a good team name "The Realm A", "The Realm B".

Thanks.
    Qzipco likes this.
  19. sardaukar666

The tournament is hosted at 4AM... 4AM means in Australia time we don't know exactly who is going to be able to play until the time just before sunrise, so we are getting people to sign up if they might or might not play just to be sure we can field a team, even so it is not a guaranteed thing at that time on a sunday.
  20. sardaukar666

the only thing I can guarantee is that I'll be drunk, awake or asleep