[REL] Hidden Biomes 1.2.1 [86765]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by wondible, September 14, 2014.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Enable a number of normally hidden biome types in the system editor biome drop-down.Created planets should be playable by anyone, although people without the mod will get file-not-found for the planet image in the lobby. No templates are provided, take any planet and edit it's biome type.

- https://github.com/JustinLove/hidden_biomes
    - http://wondible.com/pa/hidden_biomes_v1.2.1.zip
    - PAMM

Biomes
    • 1v1 Test - no icon
    • Asteroid - icon built-in, has limitations (see below)
    • CSG Debug - no icon
    • Ice Boss - icon built-in
    • Metal Boss - icon built-in
    • Sandbox - icon provided by mod; will only be visible to people with the mod

1v1 Test

Desert biome with lots of tight passes. Probably the prototype for designed planets, packaged as a biome rather than the new planetCSG attribute. We don't know the planet parameters like radius, however.

Screen Shot 2014-11-26 at 20.48.01 .png

Asteroid

This biome type has several limitations. It can't be previewed in the system editor, which precludes custom metal and CSG - you might be able to swing it by editing the planet as a sandbox and editing the file... but then this mod does you no good. Having a planet with asteroid biome triggers the asteroid belt effect in-game.

CSG Debug

Dev test for brushes; more of a curiosity than a practical planet type.

Screen Shot 2014-09-07 at 15.05.02 .png

Ice Boss

In Galactic War, the Foundation have a special biome type with with ice, volcanos, hot water, and maybe a metal crater. Curiously, the metal trenches are also used, but with BO_Add, and are not visible, except possibly for some odd strips cut through the snowy areas.

Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 07.11.26 .png

Metal Boss

Normally this only appears in the GW Synchronous boss system. Has a metal crater, and does not function as a laser.

Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 15.38.03 .png

Sandbox

The sandbox biome is used in the dev's internal test mode. It has a grid texture, supports water, and has no brushes or features, so it's a little kinder on load times and RAM.

Screen Shot 2014-04-27 at 13.08.58 .png

Subsumed Mods
    Changelog

Version 1.2.1

- Bump build version for titans release

Version 1.2.0

- Add asteroid biome circa 84871 (with limitations)
    Last edited: August 28, 2015
  2. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Not the best commentary, but I'm new to this.
    DeathByDenim and wondible like this.
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Nice work. Your mouse cursor seems to be off for some very weird reason though. When you are manipulating the sliders with the mouse, the mouse is way over to the left. How did you manage that? :)
  4. trialq

trialq Post Master General

I think it's because I put monitor 2 to 720p resolution for this one mod (system editor was being really stuttery when recording), but didn't change OBS settings. It appears to have mapped the mouse correctly to the 720P the screen was, and upscaled the video to 1080P. If that makes sense :p
  5. evilhands

evilhands New Member

Is there any way to change the size of the crater on the metal boss planet?
  6. wondible

It would have to be a new biome type, or shadow out the vanilla metal_boss.
  7. wondible

pte branch on github adds 1v1test biome type. Leave a comment if you find planet settings (radius etc) that look good with it.
  8. wondible

Hidden Biomes 1.1.0 - Add 1v1test biome from 75134-main
  9. wondible

Hidden Biomes 1.2.0

- Add asteroid biome circa 84871

This biome type has several limitations. It can't be previewed in the system editor, which precludes custom metal and CSG - you might be able to swing it by editing the planet as a sandbox and editing the file... but then this mod does you no good. Having a planet with asteroid biome triggers the asteroid belt effect in-game.
    stuart98 and ace63 like this.
  10. wondible

Hidden Biomes 1.2.1 - Bump build version for titans release
  11. bradkill

bradkill Member

For some reason when I try to start a game with these custom biomes in the system, it never ever seems to finish the "Building planets" phase - Because of this I am unable to use this mod. ): I'm not using titans.
  12. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I just tried it out on a copy of PA without Titans. It seems to work for me. I just made an Ice Boss planet. Is it a specific biome that doesn't work for you? Also, can you try disabling any other mod and have just this one enabled to rule out conflicts?
  13. bradkill

bradkill Member

It has at least one of every type other than: Asteroid, dump, sandbox, and CSG debug
    The only other mods I have that can modify planets is the one with shared systems such. I downloaded it with PAMM if you didnt know.

The other mods I have just change the color of things such as commander explosions/landing
  14. wondible

Might need to see the complete list of mods, and the system. Dump in particular is a mod biome (indicating you have more than just hidden biomes), which require extra care to load, and I haven't looked at in quite a while. PA-Diag can dump out the list of installed mods. Since it's having trouble starting a game, might be best to run it from the lobby so it can report server mods.
  15. bradkill

bradkill Member

Actully, It seems to happen with EVERY system... More biomes or not. Had to uninstall the mod - The custom biome i uninstalled before I uninstalled this one, Same exact thing happened...
    Either way, I had to uninstall this mod - The other mods i have are team color commander death explosion, spawn explosion team color, and teleporting land animation.

Not exact mod names
  16. wondible

Glad things are working for you.

Literally the only things this mod does are make planet type names available to the system editor, and add a custom image for sandbox type.
  17. bradkill

bradkill Member

To be honest i have no idea what happened. It just will not load the system.