[WIP][Server] Imperial Legion (Faction)

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by Nicb1, June 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

2. hammaster

hammaster New Member

i think when the bot titan aims his upper waste turns to face its target.
    because shots come out at the wrong angle from the long range cannon!
    stuart98 and dom314 like this.
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

4. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Oooo, nice teleporter!
  5. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

We should create a dedicated thread telling people when someone is streaming. So we don't flood this thread.
  6. graushwein

graushwein Member

(I know this is a work in progress, so I'm just posting my thoughts.)

Lots of cool stuff!
    I really like how the IL icons are upside down, good idea there.
    Bot mobile radar (transformer) is very cool, though might require a bit of a micro... (Invisible when deployed on purpose? Nice that it has no vision when invisible/deployed. Is it supposed to be attackable while invisible if detected by enemy radar?)
    Tesla and EarthShaker are very strong and pretty cool, didn't see cost though.
    T2 Missile tank's attack looks like it should do some AoE. Such large amount and sized missiles...
    Artillery shot that spawns units that explode seems workable now that they seem to have a lower targeting priority.
    Wow, because earlier post said they'd not be in first release, I was not expecting IL titans, nice.
    That walking titan model! (Hover one is cool too!) I know that the vanila Atlas model is very cool, but yours looks very awesome. The only thing that looked wrong was the blue missiles coming out of the arms taking a linear approach to target even when arms not pointed at target. Missile should shoot out straight then arc towards target (like Hummingbird missiles). At first seeing it I thought that the missiles would come out of the shoulders of it, which IMHO would look cooler. Oh wait, they AA comes out of the shoulders, even better! Finally a ground titan with AA! (Every time I see a ground titan I think, "3 AA flak turrets on there would be a fraction more cost for an incredible gain.")
    Dear lord of science! The FLAME TURRETS!!! SO COOL! (They don't seem to stay pointed in direction of last attack? When the reset their position after firing it looks like they spray everything behind them...) Was that what was melting the walking titan?
    That T2 plane drops napalm? Interesting.
    "Walking explosive device. Equipped with evil Boombot minions." ;)
    Wow, cascading T2 energy building death chain.

I know this is Alpha, but in IL vs Vanilla (person/person) why did IL lose so soundly each time, too slow to expand and harass, unfamiliar with new faction?

Overall incredible looking. I know balance needs to happen more, so no reason to comment on that. Nice work everyone!
  7. graushwein

graushwein Member

T1 air... If you're set on a forward facing gun, then you're not going to find the answer in balancing what is there, due to speed of planes and other factors. Like a big thing is if your IL fighters are running away they'll get rekt so hard... It is like you have to fully commit to the fight because running away is more of a waste than staying..
    I have some options to try to help balance T1 air:
    Make IL fighters faster by a noticeable amount, otherwise they get rekt with forward facing gun
    Anti-missile defense (slow recharge, shoots down missiles like Angel) could mitigate things a bit if they have a short range.
    Play with fire rate and damage. Twice as often for half damage. (Maybe not best option because doing so makes smaller engagements weighted in vanilla's favor but larger ones favor IL.)
    Last edited: March 2, 2016
  8. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Here is a suggestion, right now t2 and t1 doesn´t look really diferrent buildbar icon wise, so if you want to keep the same colouring ( both red) I suggest you to change the saturation to the ones your modified halley and catalyst have. That would make them extremely easy to differenciate and also make the whole bar look a lot better and more conssistent with vanilla. What do you think?
  9. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Sorry for double posting:

As this is far from being a symple mod, will you create several sub threads so we keep this as clean as possible?
    -The main one, with the history of development,compatibility,suggestions, guides, screenshots and progress status.
    -The balance one....you know.
    -Bug reporting one...
    I think this would help you organize the work for betterment of all.

And finally, are you interested in translating the mod´s text? I´m spanish and it would be no work at all for me to do the it. If you want send me a p.m.
  10. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I love this modding team.
    [​IMG]
    elodea, cdrkf, Furballman and 7 others like this.
  11. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Are you interested?
    Nicb1 and stuart98 like this.
  12. Nicb1

In regards to the Spanish thing, thanks for the offer. Only thing is I do not know if pa has a large enough Spanish community to warrant this work. I don't want you putting in a heap of time and effort if the audience isn't there. (kiwi mentioned something else relating to having problems doing this but I can't rememebr). If you do go through with it I'll have to check out how it would be implemented. But yeah that's my main concern.
    Ksgrip and stuart98 like this.
  13. Antiglow

Antiglow Well-Known Member

Played this mod a little today. Awesome work so far. I really like the look and feel of it. All the units are really unique and it is going to be fun figuring out my play style for legion. The only issues (yes i know it's alpha) I had was sometimes the icons would not load and the fabrication beam would only display 40% of the time.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  14. Nicb1

Glad you like it. The icon issue i'm not sure about (may have been fixed as we completely broke the mod multiple times over the last few days). Lathe issue is a known bug though, from the looks of it we may have to change to another lathe type or something (may be just too many sparks emitted by them for PA to handle nicely).

Anyway release is coming soon guys, just have to get to that point where we aren't breaking things every second build. 4 more units to model I think. Finished the orbital scout and land mine model today.
    xankar, mishtakashi and cdrkf like this.
  15. andreasgg

andreasgg Well-Known Member

elodea and Nicb1 like this.
  16. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Just tell me if you want. It could really easily be just me the ine who actually knows spanish here. Don't know of anyone else xd.

Also regarding a diferrent topic. i think you @stuart98 are the one in charge of the icons. I love what you have done but in the streams i found really hard to distinguiss the gunships from other air, could you change the icon to have i don't know wings or somethinf like that? Even if it isn't the usual form it would make it waaaay easier to identify things, in supcom it was a thing.

Edit:
    Shouldn't the earthsaker have an animation for the hammer??
  17. Tomasina

Tomasina Member

Is the alpha for the mod available?
  18. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

It is a closed alpha at the moment, but you can often find it streamed on Twitch. They have a bit more work to do before it is considered playable enough for beta, but that's coming soon.
    Ksgrip likes this.
  19. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

It sure does, but this has advanced way quicker than the vanilla game.

Can we get a wip pic of the faction logo? Or is a Big surprise?;)
  20. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I tweaked the gunship icons yesterday; if a streamer isn't using the updated version yell at them to update their copy of the mod. It should be different enough.
    Antiglow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.