PLEASE, need help. Avenger's explosions terrible stuttering

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Wurutana, February 6, 2016.

1. Wurutana

Wurutana New Member

As in the title every time an Avenger, the fighter orbital satellite dies in my game it microstutters....rarely also others satellite but always with Avengers....I tried, sorry for my language, F*****G EVERYTHING...I tried to update drivers many times from 14.4 to 15.7.1, then to 15.11, then 15.11 and finally to 16.1. I've done two ticket where the suggested me to remove mods, and it happens again. The ticket spoke above are #845769 and #251497 but no one is answering and they continue to close ticket as everything was solved...I've recently updated my PC WAAAAAAAAAAY above reccomended sistem setting...SSD, i7 4970k and R9 290x...the stuttering was also happening with my old q6600 HDD and HD 6950...this bug has started happening IMMEDIATLY after Titans first patch came out when it was launched, I never had this issue on Vanilla before PA:T came out...but after it's release also in Vanilla it happens...I CANNOT PLAY THE GAME I BUYED...I LOVE THIS GAME...I never listen to people hating this game without any reason, but I need this bug fixed...I tryed also in much more PC AND i've checked it also in a youtube video of another gamer who is not concerned of that bug(search in the tickets of it, I cannot post it here)...BUT if I do a battle of 50 Avenger vs 50 Avenger the games goes at every explosion to 1 FPS and ALL AUDIO PAUSES...please read all the tons of test done by me in those ticket...and please fix it...even tell me HOW to evenly remove AUDIO from satellite explosions...whatever I need this thing fixed...don't tell em again thing such as update re install ecc 'cause I'm no noob in PC handling and I've done multiple times that, recovering ghosts ecc...ALL SORT OF THINGS...fix this once and for all...
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I'm not entirely sure what those ticket numbers are you are referring too, so sorry if you already posted this information somewhere, but could you post a DxDiag.txt? You can make one by pressing <WinKey>+R, typing "dxdiag", and pressing "Save All Information...". Post the resulting file here using the "Upload a File" button on this forum.

Also, did you already go through the list of incompatible programs?
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558751813508748383/
  3. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

I've actually noticed something like this as well, though I wasn't sure if it was avengers in particular that were causing it or not.
  4. Wurutana

Wurutana New Member

Thanks Dom314 *_* for noticing you too
    Thanks DeathByDenim for answering me, I desperately need someone helping me from Uber and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this game I want to play it good for God's sake *_*

I don't have ANY of those programs in the Steam list , double checked...
    So, there it is my DxDiag...I have to tell before even trying to accuse this factor...NOW I'm not on my rig, I'm using another one which is on Q9650 @ 3.8 with R9 still and 8gb RAM, I'm actually not at home for a while...I've updated drivers TONS of times with 3 different machines 2 are AMD VGA and 1 NVIDIA, so before someone tells me 14.4 are the issue on this machine...they are not...I keep 14.4 because on Philips 37PFL5604 are the best for color and scaling, but I've checked also with 15.7.1 and 16.1 on THIS machine...nothing changes...tomorrow I'll have SSD also here if Amazon rings me, and in the re-installing I can check again with newer drivers but it has never changed...this issue happened with 14.4 installed with PA:T launch and with PA was ALL perfect with 14.4 before launch...after launch also PA started this stuttering but before that moment nothing...in those ticket there are 3/4 other DxDiag from other machines, don't remember how much I cannot access tickets them anymore for now, don't know why...thanks...waiting here as a damned soul *_*

Attached Files:

5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I was having stuttering issues after titans. It turned out to be related to a number of ui mods I was running. Disabling all visual effects mods (more pew pew, custom skybox and better explosions specifically cured the issue for me).

I also previously had an issue where PA would run smoothly for a few minutes and then crawl sporadically: that turned out to be thermal throttling. That was a specific issue with my rig though.
  6. Wurutana

Wurutana New Member

Yes, Uber Support told me about UI Mods (and Mods generally), I tryed without ANY Mods but nothing changes, both Rigs. Temperature are perfect on both ot them, so I don't think it is anything related to "thermal issue"; first is on Zalman CNPS9700 NT, and on Corsair Hydro H100i...R9 290x Vapor-X Trix(the blue one), and R9 290x Trix(the yellow one)...checked temperature many times in many games, nothing to report...

However, I'm for sure after month of test that is not related to ANY Driver or PC, I've pratically done all of 35h of game on PA.T which Steam tells me only tests :(...
  7. dom314

Does it make a difference which planet the avengers are on? I think to me it happened when I was on a gas giant.
  8. DeathByDenim

Really weird. I've been playing with the sandbox to reproduce this. I blew up 200 Avengers on a gas planet simultaneously. I was getting 40fps before and for 0.1 seconds it dropped to 25fp when I blew them up by deleting them and immediately back to 40fps. No stuttering audio either. And this is on a laptop.

Can you try the same thing, @Wurutana? So start an AI skirmish, enable the checkbox for the sandbox and start the game. If you go to the game settings -> keyboard -> dev mode you can see the keyboard shortcut for making an Avatar Factory. I think it's Alt+F2 by default. So in-game, press Alt+F2 and then Ctrl+V to paste it wherever your mouse cursor is. Build 10, and blow them up. Do you get stuttering? Then build 100 and blow those up. Do you get stuttering then?
  9. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

The effect file probably isn't optimised well. There might be an emitter that produces a lot of particles.
  10. Wurutana

Wurutana New Member

Guys I'm so moved by your interest *_*...

@dom314
    It makes no difference on which planet is done the battle on...

@DeathByDenim
    I've done the following tests inside the sandbox mode...selecting 10, 100, 250, Avengers and pressing "Del" it does almost not affect performance, no stuttering, there is JUST a microsecond of loading the first time, but next nothing...I've also put 5 Avatar Factories with repeat production to almost crashing PC by how much Avengers were in a Planet...I think more than 1000, game was lagging to 15 FPS and destruction of all togheter get down to 4FPS(I still think game needs fixin' for performance in general seeing other games how they behave, ok but I'm not speaking about this here, just my 2 cent^^)...no stuttering, audio was perfect...THEN...I waited the AI to build up 3/4 Umbrella...sent to him 10/50/100 avengers...stuttering happened almost at 80% of each one dying.
    The strange thing, as I said in one of my tickets, is that sending 100 Avengers over enemy's Umbrella WHILE an Advanced Radar Satellite is spying that zone produces heavy stuttering, doing it again without the Advanced Radar Satellite is ok, perfect...no stuttering, it is like the game does not calculate something while there is Fog of War under the satellites and everything goes perfect...don't know why...in second case audio is not alting, but Avengers death sound is less loud of other effect...I tried many times also without audio devices installed or with the integrated one of mobo's, but nothing...so it is not related to audio but it is very strange acting on that particular unit.

@KillerKiwiJuice
    Probably you are right, I asked before to Uber in tickets to teach me EVEN how to remove audio or some particles or light effect or whatever is needed to have those unit die without stuttering, even if it means beeing the only one on the planet (Earth ^_^) to play with a game cropped of something...I often thought about playing without them, and sould be ok but telling to AI and to all other PVP player to don't do that unit against me is stupid. I really think that besides all possible optimization needed there is something REALLY bad coded IN THAT PARTICULAR UNIT'S EFFECTS...and I repeat...ALL is started with PA:T lanch...before nothing of this was happening...
  11. DeathByDenim

So I've been running hundreds of avengers over enemy umbrellas and I do notice the audio stuttering when you have multiple umbrellas firing at the same time. The fps drop is minimal though. I go from 30fps to 20fps sometimes, but not very often. And this is with advanced radar coverage. So I'm still wondering if the audio has something to do with it. I realize you already said you played without audio devices, but could you also try running PA with --no-audio. That way PA won't even try to play any audio.

Also does it matter if you set the graphics settings to low?
  12. Wurutana

Wurutana New Member

I tried yet to play with lowest ever settings...
    About the -no audio, where I have to write that? In the lauch game options of Steam or in the link? Write me exactly if I have to write "-no audio"...

P.S. The strange thing is that even the in game music alts for milliseconds o_O...
  13. DeathByDenim

In Steam you can right-click on PA and go to properties. You should be able to set launch parameters there somewhere. Put in --no-audio there.
    By the way, if that doesn't work, can you try --nomods instead?

@dom314, are you able to reproduce this with running hundreds of avengers over enemy umbrellas?
  14. Wurutana

Wurutana New Member

Unfortunally I've done the "--nomods" check, was one of the first Uber told me...nothing changes...
    As soon as possible, when I'll be @ home, I'll do the audio test...I'll write "--no-audio" without the quotes in the Steam's Launch Parameters ok?...I'll let you know...thanks *_*
  15. Wurutana

Wurutana New Member

Ok...test done...without audio the game runs perfect!!! 250 avengers over 5/6 umbrella and a couple of catapult dying in a beautiful, even if silenced, way...no stuttering at all...NOW...later or tomorrow I'll do another test, I'll try with different audio devices...NOW, I have Creative X-Fi Elite Pro, I'll try with the integrated...BUT, I remember doing this test before but I'm not sure(sorry but after about 30 hour of test on this game it happens :S), I'll do it again just to be sure...strangely even if when I did the test with no audio device installed on the PC (Elite pro phisically unplugged and mobo audio integrated disabled by BIOS) the stuttering was infecting my matches..ONLY with that "--no-audio" option game runs fine, so I think that it is not important which audio device is ON or which config on it (I keep X-Fi Elite pro on 5.1 because I have logitech Z906), and besides: I never listened any single audio from other than frontal left and frontal right in the game, so I think game only recognize 2.0 setups, if it was something about compatibility it should not happen with various changes, but it happens just when the game doesn't calculate audio, no matter if there is or not really some audio stuff on PC...I'll do this last couple of test...then I think we are sure about it...THANKS a lot...REALLY guys *_*...I'll let you know...
  16. DeathByDenim

Great! Progress!

Can you try downloading the latest drivers for your X-Fi while you are at it? The ones you have now are from 2010, so I am wondering if maybe bugs got fixed in the meantime. I think the drivers you need are here: http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&subCatID=208&prodID=14064
  17. dom314

I could not reproduce it on a planet :(.

More details of what I remember the last time it happened:
    It was a multiplayer game, my units where on a gas giant, there were a bunch of Omega's and Artemis as well, I seem to recall the most stuttering actually happened while the Omega's where engaging with the anchors of an enemy. There were only a small amount of avengers mixed in.
  18. Wurutana

Wurutana New Member

@DeathByDemin
    I have yet latest Audio drivers, my OS is Win7 Ultimate x64 and if I download Win10 drivers installer tells me that I have yet the most updated driver possible. I've done the test of doing it with mobo's integrated also today...there is stuttering; I've tryed also with both devices unplugged/disable (how pain in the *** is doing this test) and nothing has changed...ONLY if I use that "--no-audio" all is fluid...I am 99.999999999999% sure that something in audio files/stuff ecc ecc of this PA-T has been "skimped"...I checked also with different settings on Audio Device such as 2.0/2.1/enabling-disabling EAX/ CMS3D(the game however dont' use it)/EQ/Mixer, ALL indeed...no setting is relevant for this issue...the problem I think is WITHIN the audio game...since there is only 4 options for volume in the game settings, there is some kind of other "stuff" I can put in the link of the game to force whatever 2.0/5.1 ecc audio mixing up or to solve this problem?
    @dom314
    I'm pretty sure that the stuttering you where able to recognize was during satellites death...if yot can do the same tests as me as I've done upper in this thread I'd be really greatful...when you have no time to spend to your great mods^^
  19. DeathByDenim

Ah, at the bottom of the page, there's a manual selection thingy where you can select Windows 7 64-bit. That should get you to the 2014 drivers.
    As for audio, PA uses the FMOD libraries to play sounds, which is used by many many games. It's kind of weird...
    Can you try again with a clean boot? Just in case some other program is interfering. Instruction are here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/

I don't know of any other launch parameters though. --help is supposed to list them all, but I think that got broken on Windows at some point. In any case, assuming the flags are the same on Linux, I don't see any in there that could help you.
  20. Wurutana

Wurutana New Member

Ok...done...nothing...guys...its not related to my rig...clean boot has been done, drivers even if there are year signature doesn't change anything...besides year number...they never ahd any issue...we have discovered the ill but this is not the cure...something has to be done to satellites...:(:(:(