I was away for months - how has the meta changed?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by zihuatanejo, January 22, 2016.

1. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Afternoon folks. I'm playing PA again and had a few games. There are new 1v1 maps now and since TITANS dropped there are new units, multiple changes, etc... I spent ages learning opening builds before and learning the stats for each unit. Now I'm completely lost.

Would some of you guys kindly help a fellow commander out and explain the current meta/balance, please?
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

Then watch a replay.
    tunsel11 likes this.
  3. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

Hover tanks spam and orbital are key!
    pieman90 and tunsel11 like this.
  4. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

Didn't you just recently post a threat about you casting a replay?.... I feel a little betrayed that you casted it without meta knowledge... how could you ;-; I BELIEVE THAT MASS AIR WAS THE META!! HOW COULD YOU JAG ;-;

jk dox have always been the meta silly panther
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  5. xankar

xankar Post Master General

It hasn't changed. Only big difference is that you have the new titans units that aren't used too often because their roles are pretty limited. That and air is still cancer, but it pretty much always has been.
    zihuatanejo, pieman90 and g0hstreaper like this.
  6. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

#zeusop #uberplzfix
    stylisticsagittarius likes this.
  7. trashmanf

trashmanf New Member

Biggest change is you can see orbital across the whole map, this is pretty nice.

Also Helios titan is a huge game changer. It's got enough health that you can point it right on the base of an enemy occupied planet, orbital defenses and all. Hostile planet invasion can be very difficult in vanilla PA, but with the orbital titan you can build a huge doom army, link teleporter to Helios, send the Helios and tell your doom army to enter teleporter. They'll jam up until the instant the Helios arrives and you just barf up a huge land army right on the enemy planet. Enemy has no time to stop you, its fantastic.

I like to lead with boom bots, followed by flame tanks or T2 vehicles/bots mixture. Use T2 bluehawks in the mix to take out their orbital. If you haven't scouted, just point your Helios where you see their main orbital presence.

The other ridiculously awesome unit is the angel (T2 air) - they cost plenty of metal, but assign them to guard your wyrms and you can just ROLL an enemy without them. This prevents the typical air to air "who has the most fighters" bloodbath because even t2 fighters can have their missles shot down. 2 angels (if you can afford them) will heal each other while shooting down incoming missles from a good dozen fighters, its great...
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  8. zihuatanejo

Thanks. That was really helpful. Because, y'know, I wasn't aware of the replay system.. and someone kindly writing a paragraph answering my question is going to take so long to read compared with watching a few replays... If you're not going to contribute meaningfully to the discussion, you might as well not bother saying anything.

Good to know. I suspected this might be the case. By 'air is still cancer' do you mean it is still OP? Like, building up a huge airforce and controlling the whole planet with it?

I am definitely going to try these :D
  9. lordathon

lordathon Active Member

Are you serious? That suck a lot! You can see everywere all orbital units, you can't do anymore a fast orbital extract because when your fabber is build he is instant scout by...anything... o/ gg
  10. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Air scales hard, once you take air superiority you'll never lose it and it'll just decimate the enemy's land force when it gets large enough since there's nothing to stop it except full mobile aa spam.
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  11. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

Or you know..... like 2 storms :D
  12. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Nothing has chanced since Titans next to a few bugfixes.
  13. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Never, ever, ever.
  14. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

Well..... except for the fact that the grenadier and gil-e went from super op to being wastes of space :(

Rip Grenadier 2015-2015
    You won't be missed
  15. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

[​IMG]
    perfectdark likes this.
  16. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

Grenadier still works fine, not great but fine. Especially in rocky terrain early on.
    The sniper bot is indeed not even worth half the price of the standard t2 assault bot in it's current built.
  17. zihuatanejo

Hah! That was a great moment, well casted! Which unit(s) were taking out the air units? Seemed like a new one to me.
  18. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, it's a new one. It's the T2 flak tank called Storm.
  19. zihuatanejo

Thanks. Gotta go to http://pa-db.com and learn all of these new units!
  20. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Nicb1 and tunsel11 like this.
  21. jackburton176

jackburton176 Member

I've seen some interesting tactics. Locusts in clumps of 6 or more in the rear areas. Also seen a nice synergy of hit and run tactics with hover tanks and grenade bots.