Long time, no update. Is development still ongoing?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Aryzing, December 21, 2015.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

There is one you derp. It's called the armoury.
    SXX and n00n like this.
  2. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I can't easily buy large quantities of that at the same time though...
  3. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

Have you already bought everything then?
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Yes you can. Just add everything to cart in armoury and then purchase.
    FSN1977 likes this.
  5. felipec

felipec Active Member

I still don't know for sure, Is PA getting any more content? I mean, is there any official statement reggarding what is going on with PA?
  6. perfectdark

Of course there is no official statement. Communication from developer to community ceased after the last time they asked us all for more money.
  7. chrisjshull

chrisjshull Member

When did they ask us for more money? They gave me Titans for free. Which is nice, and I'm sure they put a lot more thought into it than I have. But also seems precarious with respect to keeping the lights on. I would have been happy to pay for an upgrade.

Tangent: Though I am concerned about the fragmentation. Fragmentation with a smaller player base can be death. (Also notice how AAA games like Halo are moving back to free-after-clock DLC for this same reason.)
  8. felipec

felipec Active Member

They should do a kickstarter for another add on.. I know how bad human resources went but the campaign raised $384,358 before it was shut down.. So my guess is that another DLC for lets say 500 000 is well possible.
  9. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

Pls refer to my previous comment about this:

For people who enjoy the game (you and I) this makes sense and would be a good idea, to anyone outside of rational reasoning see this "WE ONLY WANT MORE OF YOUR MONEY YOU STUPID MONKEYS" and thus another flame S*** post flurry begins. Sadly if uber make any moves now while they could be good in the long run everyone seems to only see it as "another" failure.
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. felipec

felipec Active Member

Yep I know.... but the campaign would be successful because there are still support over there. There will be a war, but in the end we would end by having a better product
  11. g0hstreaper

There may be a war but I dont think uber even wants it's ya know, They have had the community self implode over things as inconsequential as titans being on sale for people who own the original when purchasing titans...
    Nicb1 and stuart98 like this.
  12. felipec

felipec Active Member

Yep, I know... I am just trying to find a future to PA. =(
    Nicb1 and g0hstreaper like this.
  13. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

It would be logical now that people have paid for titans they would have money to bring at least something new.
    since titans was being made without the money they made with it in the first place.
  14. felipec

felipec Active Member

Assuming you know how Uber is doing financially
    stuart98 likes this.
  15. g0hstreaper

I dont need to be a math mathematician to know that when a game comes out 70-99%(over estimate for emphasis on it's importance) of it's future revenue after release is from people telling people "This game is good go buy it" and instead they are saying "it's buggy and isn't worth your money go play some horrid Lol or Dota clone."

So taking that and the obvious fact Uber runs on money and has been getting bad press since effectively release day I would personally be very surprised if uber wasn't gasping for wind after these constant gut checks and internal or external communal lynchings.

So I am sorry when I come off brash but when I say Uber wouldn't dare come out with anything new it's because of the vicious backlash they get every single time they try to do something for the community. I love them for it but at the same time I cir a lil knowing that they will get burned over and over for trying to make selfish idiots happy. (Myself included)
  16. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

perhaps it's only because wargaming doesn't know the community wants this and would be happy about this nor that a TA community still exists to this day.

I very much doubt they see it as a danger to the miniscule profit TA sales must be making today.
  17. felipec

felipec Active Member

Agreed.
    One good thing is that they are problably making TA 2.
    captain81 likes this.
  18. perfectdark

I would happily pay £50 for an add-on to bring in a new faction and spice the maps up a bit.

Step 1. Make new faction
    Step 2. ...
    Step 3. Profit
    ljfed likes this.
  19. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

That's a great piece of anecdotal support, and I'm sure that sentiment is shared by most if not all frequent users of this forum. The issue Uber has is gauging that across the much larger wider market they need to appeal to for that to be profitable.

As has been observed elsewhere in the thread - public opinion is something Uber have been struggling with for a while now, and it's a very difficult thing to change.

From Gabe Newell:
    Now Uber have not lied - ever. However, there is a sizeable body of opinion floating around the internet that they were in some way dishonest or deceptive with their marketing. It's an opinion that I vehemently disagree with, but it's there.

The task they face in reversing that is gargantuan. You see it every time one of their games is brought up in discussion threads: "Oh yeah, that was the company that abandoned MNC after they got everyone's money then didn't deliver on their Kickstarter promises for PA." And because it's repeated so often, it becomes accepted as fact.

This sort of thing is one of the things that drove me to start writing in detail about what exactly happened with PA - because hopefully it can become something people use as a reference when talking about it.
    tracert, stuart98, andreasgg and 5 others like this.
  20. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

That's a promise.

I'm watching you
    [​IMG]