mapping another button for camera control

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by archirofl, January 14, 2016.

1. archirofl

archirofl New Member

my middle mouse click doesn't work, I can scroll but not click, and I can't seem to find an option to change that to something else so I can see more than one side of a planet. If it is unmappable and not changeable should I simply get a refund or something?
    tatsujb likes this.
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

3. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Middle mouse doesn't work in general, or just in this game?

I have a mod that will make a keyboard key do it.
    tatsujb likes this.
  4. lordathon

lordathon Active Member

Work fine for me and others team mate ;)
    g0hstreaper likes this.
  5. archirofl

archirofl New Member

I'm sorry I thought it was clear enough, I was wrong. My middle mouse button on my mouse is broken. It just doesn't work. Not just in this game, in general. Scrolling works but clicks don't so I can't control the camera in the game with it. I don't get why you would need dxdiag for that. If it's possible (It's a razer naga) I can just map it on the side keys.
  6. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need a new mouse.
  7. archirofl

archirofl New Member

Ok yeah maybe but in other games I can easily overcome this hindrance by simply mapping whatever thing they assigned to middle mouse button to something else. That should be doable right? You're not exactly helping by saying that I need a new mouse and since I don't really miss the middle click THAT much I'd rather stick with my otherwise-good mouse until it dies. Just tell me please, is there a way to assign another button for the camera control? If not, why can't we have customisation?
  8. mwreynolds

9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

You can have mods, use the one linked by wondible.
  10. archirofl

archirofl New Member

mwreynolds aren't you "special" :) Why are you guys so overly defensive? Just answer the question if you're kind enough or don't reply- like reasonable people. I mean what the hell there's a missing basic customisation element in the game that you're so defensive about and all you do is attacking someone who just asked a question. You may like the game but you don't have to like the things it misses. Is this a pitiful attempt to troll or not understanding how forums work?

Thanks for the meaningful answers though, I guess I'll try my luck with mods.
  11. mwreynolds

Sorry for my post, it just seems odd to complain about not being able to remap a main mouse button just because you have a broken mouse. And as you can see thee is a mod you can use always.

Seriously you should get a new mouse, the game it meant to be played using the middle mouse button.
    Playing it with remapped keys is going to be painful.
  12. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Have you seen that mouse? There is like a billion buttons on it (expensive too). Who cares if one button is broken. :)
    [​IMG]
    And yeah, it's one of those odd quirks in PA where you can remap all of the keys, but non of the mouse buttons. Also some people like different set-ups. More customization is a good thing. Fortunately mods exist.

(I wouldn't call your posts "trolling" though. That seems like a bit of an overreaction just for suggesting to buy a new mouse because the current one is broken.)
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  13. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I'm not surprised a button is broken as the mouse is made by Razer. Their products are still pretty good though when they work... my Orbweaver is absolutely fantastic :p
    tatsujb likes this.
  14. archirofl

archirofl New Member

Well yeah I read that a lot, their build quality is not perfect. It lasted 3 years without failure and was exactly what I needed when I was playing WoW though so I wouldn't call it disastrous. Also, if one button goes bad there's still plenty more to use anyway :p
  15. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

it's overpriced average make. I don't recommend Razer nor Roccat.
  16. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

17. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

there's a button in the keybinds that snaps the camera to a unit
    g0hstreaper likes this.
  18. andreasgg

andreasgg Well-Known Member

t button for Track (Default binding) :) I use it all the time in my pip to follow important units, or in casts so that the audience can.
    g0hstreaper and killerkiwijuice like this.