[Crash/Linux] PA Titans HAHE20 crash files

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by herbert200888, January 11, 2016.

1. herbert200888

herbert200888 New Member

I had several problems with the game not working probably, so I was asked to upload the log files for the developers so that they can find a solution.

Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

What were your system specs?
    • Ubuntu?
    • Nvidia GeForce 940M
  3. herbert200888

herbert200888 New Member

Sorry....here are my specifications :

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
    Intel® Core™ i7-5600U CPU @ 2.60GHz × 4
    GeForce 940M

Nvidia Driver Version : 358.16
    OpenGL Version : 4.5.0 NVIDIA 358.16

Need more?
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You probably have a hybrid graphics card in that laptop, so are you using primusrun or optirun to run PA?
    Also, the stock drivers for NVidia are only 340 on Ubuntu 14.04, so did you use a PPA to install the latest or did you download directly from NVidia?
    Finally, can you describe in more detail what you mean by "not working properly"? Do you get artifacts, or does the UI crash but the game continues, or does the game just crash every once in a while, or does it crash at every start? Do crashes follow specific actions or do they occur randomly mid-game? Do they also occur in the main menu?

Also your setup is very similar to mine. I'm also on 14.04 with a NVidia for laptops. I have the 650M instead of the 940M though. I have no problems at all, so I was wondering if you could try going back to the stock 340 drivers and see if the problem persists.
  5. herbert200888

herbert200888 New Member

Hi DeathByDenim,

Yes I am using hybrid graphics. My onboard chip graphic is a intel hd5000. I installed my drivers over PPA and went with primus and for me it worked out. Since now every game is working fine and correctly with these settings. I was trying the version 340 but it did not work out for my configuration and I got a black screen starting ubuntu after reboot, so I had to remove the drivers and kernel and reinstalled them in a new configuration. So if you've have any ideas, please helptout :)

I wrote a review of the game in steam where I put all my issues in. Then mikeyh asked me to put the crash log ins here, so I did but you're right. Here are my errors I accounted within the game (I copied this out from my review) :

I tried to play the tutorial which crashed two times on me. Okay I thought too myself maybe Galactic Conquest will work and at least the game did not crash there

BUT

after around twenty minutes of gaming I could not select any unit with my mouse or give any command. I tried to get back to the main menu but also my keyboard did not work and as a result I did not had any control over the game anymore while it was still running, so my only chance was to kill the game again. I tried to play it a third time

BUT

I got one critical error crashing the game. So tried a last time to finish at least my first battle in the galactic conquest

BUT

again right at the beginning of the game my mouse and keyboard decided not to interact with me anymore. So I killed the game again.

After I sent in the crash reports I tried the game three more time. One time the keyboard mouse problem occurred again. The other two time I got a fatal error.
    Last edited: January 12, 2016
  6. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, a black screen makes it kind of hard to work. :)

Could you try running PA with --software-ui? That often makes the UI behave a lot better on Linux. I definitely need it.
    The only downside is that there is a bug in PA which causes a black screen after every game. The workaround is to resize the window or switch between full screen and windowed and back to force a redraw.
  7. a123qwertz567

a123qwertz567 New Member

Maybe we/you should tell him, like you told me, that it can be done with pressing "ALT + ENTER" because you can reach the menu when it is crashed :D