Uber, you're killing yourselves with the PAC Sales

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by stuart98, November 28, 2015.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

PA Classic is dead. It should die, let it die. Remove it from the store, stop these danged sales, screw the Classic players and kill the playerbase because unless you do everything you can to ensure that 100% of new players go to Titans, classic players aren't going to upgrade. Titans is the future; do sales for it, whatever, keep it alive! It ABSOLUTELY MUST be the only way to get into PA at this stage. Classic is dead, take the loss, let it die, and move on to the future.
    n00n and Remy561 like this.
  2. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

While I think you have good intent stuart I think ya could have phrased this a little better m9 and I disagree. That would be like blizzard stopping sales of SC brood war or Halo stopping sales of Halo 3/4 just because 5 is out.

More options means more sales. Giving people the option to buy a lesser version means they have a better chance of getting newer players. (I will immediately admit Titans is better) and besides they have already paid for the crap storm for just releasing titans in the first place and I doubt they would want to have to go through another torrent of fire for it.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Titans is $10 more on store price; that's not a huge difference in price and Titans is leagues better.

This is about multiplayer communities G0hst; any increase in Classic is at the cost of Titans and visa versa. I'd rather Classic died as it's completely inferior and the Titans playerbase grow (or at least shrink at a lower rate).

Uber did everything right when they launched...

except for keeping PAC on Humble and on Bundlestars and then doing ridiculous sales on those platforms.

PAC is dying; let's cut life support already and spare it the pain, it'll be better for all of us.
  4. nineball1986

nineball1986 New Member

Uber launch this right did they? This company deserves to fold for there business practices, accept it, pa is a failed project.
    Move on and find another game, nothing uber does suprises anymore. The community is dead, the game is dead, hence these desprate attemps to claw back some playerbase.
    Its ubers fault stuart, all of it, self inflicted by bad choices.
    elkanfirst likes this.
  5. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Pa isn't a failed object. RTS in general just isn't that popular. I just can't believe people still are saying the game is dead and it failed blah blah blah. Statistics don't lie and they still show that PA still is played more then other newly released RTS's. It'll probably gonna get played a lot again with the steam winter sales. and then next year people are gonna be again like game is dead it failed blahdiedblahdieblah. Summer sale happens somewhere and its gonna get played a lot again etc etc.
    stuart98 and proeleert like this.
  6. n00n

n00n Active Member

The difference is that Titans also includes the vanilla version.
  7. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

I think the real problem is that PA classic still dose not have a interactive tutorial.
    Maybe if technically possible the tutorial from Titans could be given to PA classic owners, (plus it would advertise titans)
    So many new players for PA, really struggle because they don't know about things like area commands.
    I was on www.twitch.tv/dethbringa stream, trying to help him learn how to play PA classic. I think alot of players leave PA before they even know how to play, let alone try pvp.

And there is a big skill level gap, that make it not fun to play with players of different skill levels, maybe some way to track player skill and help better balance team game could help.
  8. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

900k sold copies say otherwise

as for the community it depends how much the comunity is going to support it
    there are so many old games with tiny playerbases still worked on and supported by enthusiasts and people still go and play them and as for going on for a different game ... which one? rts wise there aren´t many of this style .. at all

as an rts player you don´t have much choice when it comes to new games these days ..
    cdrkf and killerkiwijuice like this.
  9. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

You're the epitome of naiveté.
    stuart98 and Nicb1 like this.
  10. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

[​IMG]
    I have nothing more to say in regards to this individual.
  11. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

Sorry, couldn't disagree more. My lad picked this up recently, and because it cost buttons so have a couple of his mates. And surprise, surprise they found out how much fun it is!
    Plus, they're all chatting about getting Titans.
    Plus, I get to brag I'm in the top 50.

It's all good...
    cdrkf and Remy561 like this.
  12. g0hstreaper

[​IMG]
    as @nicb1 said Titans is a fun game with friends just don't take the b8 :D
    Nicb1 and badfucatus like this.
  13. V4NT0M

V4NT0M Well-Known Member

I totally disagree, I mean no disrespect but what a surprise it's Stuart again.

Scenario A: Classsic no longer exists at all and Titans is £30, nobody buys classic or titans, no offence to Uber but Titans is not worth £30 (this is true of many games that come up in sales). There is no income to Uber and no extra players on Classic or Titans.

Scenario B: Classic is sold for $1 / $2 as it has been recently, some new players come to classic and have fun or don't. Some players convert from classic to Titans as Titans is now £10 to them (pretty sure that's what people were doing before) even if they don't get the discount and nobody buys Titans as a result I don't see how this is a bad thing for uber or the community.

Also when you say "people aren't going to upgrade" I have already seen people do this and as above a few conversions in the pipelines. I'm not saying that Uber's business practices are great or that they are in a good position I'm just saying that on some points you're provably wrong and on others I just don't see your logic.

Also nineball = troll

TEH GAEM IZ DED!!

Whatever that means, I mean, hundreds - if not 1000+ people still play it. Is FA dead? Should we just stop playing a game we enjoy because it's playerbase has dropped below X. Those who want to play the game do play it, you can see it by logging in or watching twitch streams. Those who don't want to play it moan and complain that it's dead but don't play it.

Your attitude is a self fulfilling prophecy.
    badfucatus likes this.
  14. g0hstreaper

[​IMG]
    Vantom.....are you blind?? :l
    Nicb1 and stuart98 like this.