People advice

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by violetania, November 15, 2015.

1. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

Okay.... so.... i have this friend and i really really love playing with him. We use to play all the time but then he kinda stopped playing as much...
    He's really silly and pretty nice and i beg for him to come on all the time... either that or i'd always be checking to see if he's online....
    But i find that as soon as he gets online i absolutely hate him!!!! Trolly things/things said that other people would normally get away with, he would not stand a chance getting away with it. Like i said the meanest thing to him yesterday because he double spawned with me while we were doing a 3v5....
    And i know it was mean and i said sorry but OMG I KEEP SAYING SORRY I JUST CAN'T FIX IT!!!!

Anyone else??? Like I find with some friends.... i eventually just end up with this massive hate love relationship... nothing of this caliber though, it's just adoring while he won't play and pure hatred when he's around... But then i hate it when he leaves... ARGH!!!!
    *dies*

Also i swear to god if anyone says tsundere... THAT'S NOT HELPING ! >.<

eek.

edit: i mean we won the 3v5 easily.... i even laugh when oxi nukes me or when kisel built mines and walls around me so i couldn't move or build in a team game. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND MY PROBLEM WITH THIS PERSON!?!?!? Someone please say they understand! >.<
  2. proinegoproxy

proinegoproxy Member

Probably not being tsundere enough. You can also try going for the yandere.
    cola_colin and Devak like this.
  3. arseface

arseface Post Master General

It sounds like you do understand the problem with the person and are just frustrated with the logical result.

...Tsundere couldn't help it.
    Devak likes this.
  4. violetania

@arseface and @proinegoproxy um........... yandere is even worse! isn't yandere actually violent??? >.<
    Anyways, i don't else i wouldn't be asking.... you guys aren't being helpful =P
    Maybe i just need to go punch them in the face? But they've never done anything wrong? >.<
    eek
  5. arseface

I support this course of action.

And just because you intuitively understand something doesn't mean you recognize or accept it yet.
  6. walmartdialup

walmartdialup Active Member

I get that same vibe with certain friends. You like them as individuals with all their characteristics, but you despise their composure whenever you actually spend time with them. Personally, I think its because I misunderstand who they actually are as an individual. How I view someone and who the individual is are often two completely different identities.

I suspect you built a certain ideal image around this individual from certain characteristics you associate with a friendly person. This may not be who they actually are as an individual. In your instance you may have perceived him as "silly" but he may actually be annoying. The Internet is filled with these type of individuals.

Ex: an outgoing person is actually introverted.
  7. violetania

humph thanks, i guess i'll try and re evaluate my view of him..... i really want to stop yelling at him over tiny thing though! it's kinda like in a relationship you start nitpicking and it's okay ARGH! >.< maybe i'm just anal in some things? ARGH! >>< ahaha oh well ty <3
  8. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I know exactly what the issue is (I think :p ).

The reason you start to hate the 'other player' when you play with him is simply because when you and him are playing team games you both have different mindsets. Where yours is set on winning the game (competitively), he only wants a fun game and simply doesn't care about the winning or losing anymore (casual). So he'll do weird stuff to make the game more interesting (more fun) where you see it as a pure troll and probably get mad since he's in the way of winning the game.

This wasn't an issue before because the guy had the same mindset (winning games).
  9. violetania

I don't think winning is an issue though? I delete oxides commander and units regularly, he nukes my commander, and other people troll me as well.... it's just this one specific person drive me so mad i want to kill them but i adore them at the same time... ARGH!!!!
    But i guess i do put too much emphasis on winning when i'm playing cocky games like 3v5 or 2v4s.... ahahaha >.<
    Oh dear!
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I've noticed you like to stack games heavily :p

I must admit I prefer splitting experienced players up between teams to get a more balanced match myself....

That aside, I wonder if based on your description you've got a bit too close to this player? I've found in the past things can get tense between friends if you over do it... I mean sounds like you spend too much time trying to get them to play / thinking about them not being online and all that frustration probably comes out when they're finally about.

Imo maybe just try to be more relaxed about it. Instead of chasing them, let the player come find you when they're ready etc...?
    tatsujb likes this.
  11. violetania

I don't stack it that hard... like i'll rarely play a 2v2 or 3v3, the other time will always have more people or more eco... i just don't like playing with people i can't communicate with i guess..... It's a team game =P

Also they come grab me as well, but it always ends up super inconvenient, i think the time before yesterday they were like i have to go study i'll play later, then as i just signed off they were like hey! and i was like OMG I CAN'T PLAY I HAVE UNI AND STUFF!!!! >.<

And i only think of playing with them when i'm in game... but i can't really help regretting what i say when i say something mean >.< like to anyone, but i think i'm mean to that person every time i talk to them? OMG! >.< Ahahaha oh well.
    Maybe you're right with the complication thing. Though i wouldn't say i'm close with them? Ahaha but what do i know? *facepalm*
    cdrkf likes this.
  12. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Heh I was only guessing based on your fairly broad description :p

I'm also having a hard time picturing you actually being properly mean to anyone, I mean you often make a cheeky comment but then apologise for it immediately :p have you actually offended this person? If not I wouldn't worry too much.

Sometimes it's fun to have a few 'frenemies' :)
    violetania likes this.
  13. violetania

I'm not sure if I've properly offended the person but last night was probably the worst because i said i'm sick of your sh*t. So... yea... i did get very mean >.<
    And i dont' want a frenemy!!! I really like him, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh >.<
    I hate him,
  14. proinegoproxy

proinegoproxy Member

You're like the embodiment of contradiction. There's probably maybe a possibly slim probability that that possibly maybe might just potentially be a potentially possible potential probable source to the issue, just maybe.
    Last edited: November 16, 2015
    stuart98, Alpha2546, tunsel11 and 2 others like this.
  15. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Just don't even talk, use clicks.
    stuart98, proinegoproxy and Alpha2546 like this.
  16. arseface

I still think you should go full on Yandere. Stalk them till they're visibly shaken, kidnap them, torture them till they develop Stockholm syndrome and can't live without you. Then you don't have to worry about being too mean. By that point they'll love it.

Or you could just talk to them about it. Less fun though.
    ljfed, Alpha2546, Devak and 1 other person like this.
  17. violetania

IT'S NOT MY FAULT I DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL @proinegoproxy!!!!!! DX
    And it's not fun playing without the little banter and rawrs DX That's the point of team games and voip right???? DX
    @killerkiwijuice
    @arseface..... WHAT AM I MEANT TO SAY TO HIM?! Oh hey, i'm really sorry for yelling at you... i'm going to continually yell at you and say sorry every time after..... but i really like playing with you so don't leave.... but i still hate you.... THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!!! >.>
    Also i really wish the person that this is about would stop liking everyone's post... ELSE I'M GOING TO ACTUALLY LOCK YOU UP AND WHIP YOU UNTIL YOU LOVE ME!!!! =.=''
  18. proinegoproxy

proinegoproxy Member

"I'm sorry for being mean to you, but that's just the way I am. I don't mean any offense and I say it all with the intention of it being mere playful banter. As for hating you, well I'm sure you already understand my tsun tsun tendencies so...." ;)

Something like that? Gets the point across.
    tatsujb likes this.
  19. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

@Devak is the only one to not have posted here but liked posts there's also @cola_colin but he only like one post.
    websterx01 likes this.
  20. proinegoproxy

proinegoproxy Member

I'd say Alpha is a candidate since he has the most post likes before violetania posted the relevant message (even though he posted, it doesn't necessarily drag him out of the drawing). Devak is also suspect since it was only recently after they liked posts that violetania posted the relevant message.
  21. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

and now we got a Watson as well :D