¿MNC supported on XB1?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by peachypony, November 9, 2015.

1. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

Please tell me what and how this changes anything.

Has Uber said anything about this? If not, hopefully someone can get a response about the situation.

I'd be happy to break in the newcomers.
  2. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

I doubt that there will be much change, honestly. It will help with PM's since 360 folks can play with Xbone folks again. I know I have not played in a while because my GF usually has the other TV.

Basically, the game will run in an emulator for 360. No idea if it will run WELL since the game was fairly buggy to start with so it is very much a "we will have to see" kind of thing. Not sure if the improved hardware will be of any value since, again, emulator. But...worth a try!!

I know I will be playing it on the 12th for a few, just to see how it works.
  3. victorpenningtonrust

victorpenningtonrust Active Member

me play on xboner

tu gud
    untouchablexp likes this.
  4. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

Yeah, I learned a long time ago not to get my hopes up with MNC. Just curious if anyone has the inside scoop. I'm kind of surprised they bothered including MNC with the backwards compatibility update.
  5. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Hey, what did you want to know? I don't know much but I did reach out to the dev's a few times regarding this.

Toon was right in the fact that this doesn't change anything in terms of gameplay, and in speaking with the devs when backwards compatibility was announced, they basically said they didn't have the time or resources, despite the fact that xbox claims they just need permission. Basically left it as a "no, we are focusing on other things" like their upcoming VR game.

So yeah I'm really surprised as well. Both Eka and John Comes made it seem like it would never happen. Maybe they realized it wasn't as resource consuming as they thought for their company. I just had issues playing perfect dark with one on 360 and one on xbox one, so I'm interested to see how a buggy game like this works.
  6. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

So they haven't said anything since it's been confirmed it's coming to XB1? Is it going to attract new players? Is it the same netcode? Can XB1 players play X360 players? I pretty much assumed there wouldn't be any new DLC like features but was just curious if any minor mechanics changed.
  7. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Nothing that I heard.
    Maybe? Hard to know.
    Same net code.
    Yes - the backwards compatibility update adds a 360 dashboard to your Xbone so you end up having the 360 experience with it. Xbone players would effectively become 360 players at that point. At least, that is how the promo videos make it look. No word on if it is true cross over or not though.
  8. teapot

1) The only thing said was from Comes who got back to me on twitter.. "You are welcome! I am excited to play it on the Xbox One. It's been a while!" - that was his response to my thanking him, so it sounds like its a guarantee.

2) Very good possibility. It will bring back old players, but the rumor now is that these games listed for backwards compatibility will be the upcoming xbox 360 free games for gold. So one month, MNC is rumored to be free and that would be the biggest jump in population I suppose.

3) Same awful netcode

4) no updates, it would have to be done completely on the 360 end which most likely will never happen. M$ policies have changed, it's cheaper to update and patch, but I assume they're too focused on their new game and have very little resources. Like I said, when I had talked to them they had basically shot the idea down for that reason. I informed Comes about how Microsoft claims that UberEnt would literally have to do zero work to make this happen, and just has to approve MNC's license for the M$ team to make this work. It sounded like he didn't believe me so I linked him to the guy who created the backwards compatibility program, Bill Stillwell.

At this point I'd like to imagine that I had helped make this a possibility lol. ;)
    y3434 likes this.
  9. victorpenningtonrust

victorpenningtonrust Active Member

what a bunch of foking noobs uber
  10. murkyduh

murkyduh Active Member

[​IMG]
    Notice the bottom of the picture, says "Xbox One"...
    and for the most part from what i see all the other free for gold games are like this.
    [​IMG]
  11. untouchablexp

untouchablexp Active Member

If you look closely you can see it's murky in the reflection
    murkyduh likes this.
  12. untouchablexp

Noon you're wrong Gotham city imposter is still for 360 only
    murkyduh likes this.
  13. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

14. untouchablexp

15. y3434

y3434 Active Member

16. feedle

feedle Post Master General

Look under my games my apps..
    Go to my games... Go all the way to the right
    Wait one minute
    Your ready to install games will show up
    Download install them.. Click add to my pins or they will appear under my games after downLoad que is done.l im dling right now
  17. hostileparadox

Yeah, forgot to read that XB1 compatibility was 12 hours later for some weird reason.
    Just saw a bunch of my free with gold X360 games show up in my queue, and MNC.
    Installing now.
  18. teapot

So far it seems borderline unplayable in a normal match. There were like 4 lobbies up and most of them were laggy
    y3434 likes this.
  19. untouchablexp

613 players
  20. hostileparadox

It was not a great experience.

Frame rate in Crossfire was not good, any kind of fighting really drops the FPS.
    Sniper's flak dropped the frame rate pretty badly.
    Blitz was ok frame rate, but I only played the 10 round one.

I'll give it another try later, maybe my system was too busy downloading X360 titles to handle MNC properly.

Chat works, but makes people sound robotic.

It did transfer all my old settings, achievements in game, custom builds.

Sadness :(
    Really breaks my heart that the frame rate is so bad.
    Last edited: November 13, 2015
    y3434 likes this.