Could we get an official statement from Jables on why the discount is time limited?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by stuart98, August 19, 2015.

1. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

Yeah a GOTY version which includes all the "previously released" DLC, the same day the previously released DLC is released. LOL. Uber are the biggest joke ever. I don't care about a measly $13 for an "expansion", but I do care about shifty marketing tactics.
  2. Bgrmystr2

Bgrmystr2 Active Member

Ignoring all the debate about whether the time-limited is good or bad, I can't seem to find anything on Uber's store page other than links to Steam.
    (That of which I have absolutely no intention of converting my PA account to Steam whatsoever.)

Is there a way to purchase the game on Uber's website, and not steam? Preferably before this discount ends? Right now I'm running a currently dying jankity BSoDing HDD with 32-bit Vista that's obscenely slow and has no free space. I can't even get the Uber launcher installer to run on my system. I have enough money ready to purchase it at any moment, but is there really no alternative to Steam? I find this hard to believe.

More on-topic, I really hope there's an extension or something afterwards.. even if I wanted to purchase it on steam, I haven't been able to keep that up and running for more than a few minutes without it locking up and crashing. Recently, I'm lucky if I can even get the thing to connect to their servers at all. Obviously unassociated problems, but nonetheless preventing me from purchasing the expansion no matter what I do.

I'm probably not the only one in the scenario of knowing about the game but having the inability to purchase it. I think it's a bit foolhardy to think everyone who's willing to purchase can and already has, as well as anyone who hasn't purchased it yet cannot, doesn't want it, or doesn't deserve it for whatever reason. That's simply arrogant and mean. It's also insulting to any users like myself who don't fall into either category yet still called out on things that simply aren't true.

Missing a sale for something sucks, sure, but thinking someone didn't deserve it because life gets in the way? Come on, we're better than that. At least.. I thought we were.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

@Bgrmystr2 you can purchase titans from within the game, although I see your point about not being able to start it atm...

Imo you should email support@uberent.com hopefully they can sort it..
    Bgrmystr2 likes this.
  4. thegrandmugwump

thegrandmugwump New Member

Have the developers looked into how FROM Software handles upgrades to Scholar of the First Sin on its steam store page? They actually list it as a separate purchase. If stacking discounts are the cause of a temporary discount to owners of PA, this would be an excellent idea for a more permanent solution.
  5. facc00

facc00 New Member

I wanted to come over here to first say thanks for the majority of the community and the Devs. This is an outstanding game. I wish I kickstarted more when it all started but 90 was a good deal. I've purchased several other copies for friends to play the game as gifts.

To the standards this game is being held to and the flamewar that is steam forums. Get over it. You guys want to petition something go petition Verizon for pay as you go internet on cell phones. If you don't like the way this company works or does what it does then move along.
    V4NT0M likes this.
  6. jables

jables Uber Employee

Should be extended another month. Will look for better fix for it after that.
  7. jables

jables Uber Employee

This is finally fixed. Permanent discount available on the TITANS steam page for PA owners.
  8. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

9. jables

jables Uber Employee

tatsujb, stuart98 and mwreynolds like this.
  10. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

HE LIVES! PRAISE TO THE MACHINE SPIRIT!
    Remy561, tatsujb, stuart98 and 2 others like this.
  11. jables

jables Uber Employee

I'm around.. just focused more on company side and less on game side recently. I try to swing by forums and keep up though. Even poke by chat when I can.
    Furballman, tracert, Gorbles and 8 others like this.
  12. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Glory to the OMnisha!!
    g0hstreaper likes this.
  13. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I'm glad to see the devs are still around. I've unfortunately not had the joy of playing much PA recently, but hopefully things will turn around soon! (dang uni!)
    Nicb1 and g0hstreaper like this.
  14. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

Any progress on this?
    It still seems to be broken.
  15. jables

jables Uber Employee

Going to require a full patch to fix unfortunately. It's fixed on this side, and waiting on the other items to go out. No current ETA.
    Ksgrip, reptarking, emraldis and 5 others like this.