Planets's smash is too easy and boring

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by amphok, October 12, 2015.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Actually that's not true... 1 omega can be beaten by cost equivalent avengers, true, however due to how omegas stack, once you get to about 4 or more, they basically become invulnerable to avengers irrespective of the quantity.

At that point the only counter to them are the orbital rail guns.... (or lots of concentrated umbrellas)....
  2. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

For me the irritating thing about the Ragnarök is when u are playing on a large planet FFA and there is always that guy who begins to build one the second he starts to lose the game.

IMO is best to give players the options. They are the consumer, so maybe a option in lobby to deactivate certain tech might be the best solution. Then people can choose how to play. Don't remember if it was TA or sup com where u could deactivate super weapons even T2.
  3. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

It was sup com, I imagine a mod could be made to do this have to be a better man than me to make it haven't written a program since the zx spectrum days lol.
  4. amphok

amphok Member

it was exactly the reason why i've started this thread, i hate that ****, lame x 9000

if this is true, then it is interesting, but is this working even if you control the avenger in the right way, not by sending them in a straight line?
  5. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

For Halleys, as always, the solution to all these problems is just to revert to how it used to be, with small asteroids only causing a proportionally sized crater instead of destroying the whole planet.

The Ragnarok I am completely fine with, since they have to be built on your planet and have an extra countdown after it's finished, so if you can't destroy them then that probably means you didn't deserve to win anyway.

Halleys cannot be defended against once they're complete, and are often so far away that even if you launch an invasion or nukes the moment it starts being built, it's already too late to stop it.
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

jupp because that was JUST so easy to make without it having its own severe problems ...
  7. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

What severe problems?
  8. MrTBSC

that pathing either didn't adjust in which case all units would just float over the crater and mexspots still were visible and buildable which they shouldn't have or units near the crater area got destroyed for no reason ..
    the other problem is the time the crater needed to be generated which means for that time the game was uncontrolable ..
  9. amphok

amphok Member

then they could simplify it to be a greater nuke, with the same effect
  10. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Units "floating" over the crater was fine. There was no reason to ever go there anyway, since the metal spots were gone. Ideally the crater should be correctly pathable, but having a harmless pathing issue is much better than not having craters at all.
  11. MrTBSC

nope as i said metalspots didn't disappear .. i saw and played many games in which it was still possible to rebuilt mexxes on a crater ..
    if the craters have no function there is no point in having such a cpudemanding prozess of it being generated .. it constanlty caused a freeze when happening .. which was less than suboptimal ..

wouldn't mind it as an optional thing but gameplaywise this imo is the actual most boring thing PA ever had ..
    however planets impacting specific spots looked hacky as hell and i doubt they managed to make it look good otherwise they would have done that as well ...
    Last edited: October 19, 2015
  12. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

you need these things so games would not go on for hours and hours when to many players are even more boring turtlers...
    huangth and MrTBSC like this.