Things are too quiet around here..

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by devoh, October 12, 2015.

1. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Perhaps I should start a rumor that "Uber is planning to release the Bolo/Ant name change as a $10 DLC"

Uber please forgive the flame war I just started.. It was necessary to check for life..
  2. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

Been glued to titans, ranked has killed my mouse (it was a pretty tough mouse to).
    devoh likes this.
  3. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

I have to ask about your sig.. How do you have 34GB? Seems like an "odd" amount.
    tatsujb and radongog like this.
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

ehh what is there to discuss that we haven't already?

some people not being quite happy with asteroids
    better ladder
    people waiting for multiplayer GW
    larger planets with more players
    better systemeditor

... ... factions eventualy if at all ...

discussion for additional units/structures to make invasions a bit easier

stealthunits ?
    transforming units?

ballancechanges of various things
    it feels like routine almost .. at least to me ...

what is there else that PA may direly need or would be a severe addition to rekindle peoples hearts for awesomeness ??? ...

otherwise i guess we should let PA sink in a bit as titans itself is still rather fresh ..
    so who knows more stuff may come later in weeks or a couple months ...
  5. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Yup, it´s quite disturbing that there isn´t any sign of a next update...
    ...it can either mean that there is something big in the bushes. :)
    Or simply the result of Uber´s not knowing what to do next to enhance the game. :confused:
  6. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Well @scathis did warn you all. In the talk after that Ant-victory he did say no updates for PA ever again, right? ;)
    The longer they wait with updating, the longer they get to keep the Bolo. So blame the @wpmarshall, Hero of the People. :)
    websterx01, n00n and Remy561 like this.
  7. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

I can assure you they're working hard on the biggest new thing since titans, the return of the ant!
  8. billthebluebot

billthebluebot Active Member

heres hoping they update the textures and maybe the models of some of the older units, they look quite a bit worse when put side by side with more recent units.
    on a side note, the exodus on PADB is looking pretty donish to my untrained eyes.
  9. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

I've asked them about this before, for example the commander textures. You can get higher res ones on PAMM but they aren't in the base game any more because it would ramp up the demands on the system or something like that.... I think...

....et tu Denim? :(
    websterx01 and badfucatus like this.
  10. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

No no no, I'm ANT all the way. I was just questioning if scathis threat was a troll threat after all. :)

And regarding the textures, yeah it had to do with filling up the VRAM if the textures were too high resolution and also the size of the game files. See https://forums.uberent.com/threads/request-higher-quality-commander-textures.67625/#post-1063251
    wpmarshall and Nicb1 like this.
  11. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

I don't think talking about the problems in this game is going to go away, and the conversation is pretty repetitive?
    I think we just need another large competition to get the ball rolling, every time there's a prize in the hundreds, people come running back =P tehe
    I realize it becomes costly to run large scale events like that but maybe $1 or $2 donation for every entry would help??? because i think the max number of people is 64 so that's $64-$128, and then people who can, can chip in a little more?
    Or maybe we should have a mod competition?
    Eek i don't know, it seems so hard to reach out to the people that aren't in the 'community' and i'm pretty sure there's more of them then us.... But they're not on pachat or other so keeping/improving their skill level to make this game more fun is... EEK!
    *tear*
    edit: welp, that's my two cents hahah >.<
    felipec likes this.
  12. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

(TLDR at the bottom)

Honestly it's quiet because of the perpetual combustion PA is constantly doing. I mean would you change or update anything publicly if you had these thread titles constantly being made? (obvious generalization is obvious)
    • I HAVE TO PAY FOR TITANS AS WELL!?!?!
    • STEALTH UNITS AREN'T IN THE GAME!?!?
    • THE BOLO IS NOW CALLED THE ANT!?!?
    • THESE UNITS ARE STUPID!
    • WHY IS GOHST SUCH A GOOD CASTER!?!?
    Personally I think the fact that though PA is a fantastic game the community it's self seems to have this "If I don't agree with this I better murder Uber's image and everything related to them to fell justified," and because of this most people have ether heard some one say or read about how much of a two faced cheap,lousy,good-for-nothing company Uber has been even though they have not.

Yes lets do more tournaments, yes lets have more screenshot wars (My wallpaper folder thanks you) but the fact of the matter is every single time uber makes a move or tries to do something and they look for feed back this is the first five new threads in the forum. "Here is my thread explaining why I think uber should be ashamed and arrested for stealing my money or changing the game." Uber is quiet probably because if they say anything to us the first thing we as a collective community do is burn them at the stake.

So again personally them being quiet while doing things is probably for the better of the game and their company as I don't think the community knows whats best for the community and it's driving Uber into the ground while they try to bend over backwards to help and make every single member in the community happy.

TLDR: Uber doesn't want us to know because we flame them 99% of the time and I think it's for the better because we as a community can't see whats really good for the community. Uber tries to hard to make us all happy.
  13. amphok

amphok Member

add more option to invade a planet that is impregnable
  14. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Nuke, omega, unit Canon, Helios, telporter and transports. Wtf more do you need?!
    pieman2906, nateious, MrTBSC and 2 others like this.
  15. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Seriously though, as much as I love PA:T and Uber, if I were them I would be looking for a total rebranding strategy. The uber name has too many haters attached to it. They need a totally new IP, maybe even a new brand identity. I'd take whatever cash they have in the war chest and throw it on a promising long-shot new game (probably not RTS at all!). Or maybe break it up into a few easy cash makers (like some new mobile games or something) to get back on their feet. Sounds bleak but a small indie dev can't survive having this super dedicated hate mob trashing everything it does. PA:T should have rebooted the community but it was drowned out by the vocal minority.

All in all I'd have to say Kickstarter did as much harm to Uber as it did good.
    ace63 likes this.
  16. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

I don't think Uber care what happens on the forum, or in the community at large. They cut us out of the loop of info on future work, they cut the livestreams, they cut the roadmap, they cut telling us anything.

Well done Uber.
  17. huangth

huangth Active Member

The imagination can be more vast.
    How about adding a new unit: landing castle?

Features:
    1. It can be built and moved on orbital layer.
    2. It can be dropped to the ground or water surface with a nuke effect to clear nearby area.
    3. It becomes a T2 factory with stationary fire power after landing.
    4. It is unable to fly back to the orbital layer after landing.

To balance or counter it, one method is to allow the anti nuke to shoot it down.
    Or just increase its price to about 3 times of the halley.
    Thus, it becomes an unstoppable nuke.

---
    Ok, stop the imagination.
    I think what we really need is the multiple unit space transports with tough HP.
    And it should be much cheaper and more available than the current Helios.
  18. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

My mouse scroll wheel doesn't work, but the mouse it's self is brand new, so I don't want to replace it just yet.

So I can't play the game currently. :/
  19. huangth

huangth Active Member

How about running the game in safety mode without the mod?
    Or reinstall the game?
  20. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Mod?

No I mean my literal mouse wheel is buggy and broken, I can't even scroll down web pages without it being all jumpy and basically going in the opposite direction then I intend.